Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Guy needs some serious advice!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fly0684
5% products discount

Tue May 03, 2005 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
I am 34 now and seem to have hit "the wall". Currently I use the Dermalogica daily exfoliant and Cetaphil moisturizer. However my skin went from nearly flawless in the last year or so to not so good at all. I am getting some lines around the eyes but more so a bit of sagging it seems, right on the corner of my lips and the area between the nose and lips. I see plenty of guys my age (or older) that don't have this. I have normal skin. What would you suggest that would give me results? (on a budget)

Thanks in advance!!
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2005 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe check out Alpha Derma CE with the mineral prep. You can look at it in EDS or onwww.jansonbeckett.com

5% products discount

Wed May 04, 2005 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Very expensive stuff, how long will it last?
GSR13

Wed May 04, 2005 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I am male, 28, and usually have pretty good skin. I also own a Day Spa and I am constantly trying different products.

I have gone through Pevonia, Medicalia, Dr. Spiller, Lamarin, Dermalogica, Skinceuticals and CosMedix. To be fair, I have not gone through a full cycle of Dermalogica or Skinceuticals. That said, I love the Skinceuticals line, but, for the best results, I really like CosMedix.

I just cannot say enough good things about this line. It is chirally correct and very active. They have an awesome Eye product called Eye Believe. It retails at $75.00, but should last 4 to 6 months. It is a Liquid Crystal Serum with Spin Trap and a ton of other ingredients.

Owning the spa, I consistently get skin treatments, brow waxes and the like. And after 3 weeks on the line it was the first time I got on and off the Aesthetic Table without needing extractions. Finally getting all the blackheads cleared up and no breakouts.

We prescribed the line, today, to two teenage sisters who suffer sever acne. They have tried *everything*, including Proactive, and gotten nowhere. Dermalogica made it worse and Dr. Spiller did little. So our plan is to get them on this and give them two weeks, at which point we will perform a Purity Peel on both of them. They will be our true test subjects to see how well they respond.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. But the point is, I like the line. I know very little about Sircuit, but I do know it is Chirally Correct as well, so you could also check into them.
Mert
5% products discount

Wed May 04, 2005 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
You don´t mension anything about sunscreen in your regime, so I assume you don´t use one. If you just use your products(no matter how good/expensive they are) you will not get any results without a good stable sunscreen!!.
Mert
5% products discount

Wed May 04, 2005 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
You don´t mension anything about sunscreen in your regime, so I assume you don´t use one. If you just use your products(no matter how good/expensive they are) you will not get any results without a good stable sunscreen!!.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2005 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
The Alpha Derma CE has an SPF 15, as well as DMAE, argirilene, alpha lipoic acid and host of other powerhouse ingredients.....you can use it right around the eyes no problem....I think you can order trial kits right from Janson-Beckett (manufacturer). The texture and application of this product (serum-based in pump) is simple and easy..it penetrates really quickly and you don't have to worry about contaminating pots of cream with your fingers. If you are interested in wrinkle reduction and firming (especially that nasty drooping that starts at the corners of the mouth) then I'd recommend giving this stuff a try - I noticed an *immediate* lift when I used it.
Good luck!
Pudoodles
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2005 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Men love AlphaDerma Smile It has no smell to speak of. Even if you apply it once a day after shaving you should note a big difference in skins firmness and soften lines and wrinkles. You mentioned you were on a budget. AlphaDerma lasts a long time as just a little spreads a long way. I suggest you use it on your whole face and neck. If you decide to try AlphaDerma and really love it at some point think about the Mineral Prep prior to ADCE. The Mineral Prep is wonderful. ADCE has everything in it so you don't have to think about layering. You can put ADCE around your eyes too. No lids please. Wink

Perhaps EDS still has the FREE five day sample available Idea

You can check out AlphaDerma here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/alphaderma-anti-ageing.htm

Winnie
JB

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
fly0684
5% products discount

Thu May 05, 2005 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone! Im going to check out the Alpha derm, my fear was that it would only last a month or less and at that price..ouch:). I'm also going to Cosmedix stuff GSR13, again my biggest concern is that droop on the corners of my mouth. I don't use a seperate sunblock, but the cetaphil moisturizer has spf 15 in it, is this good enough?
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Use a vit C serum your own or one of those suggested in other threads. They have done wonders for my skin over the about a year I've used them helped even out my skin tone and texture and got rid of fine lines. It also protects from sun damage and works synergistically with vit E which you can buy inexpensively at any pharmacy.
Mabsy

Sat May 07, 2005 3:55 am      Reply with quote
fly0684 wrote:
Thanks everyone! Im going to check out the Alpha derm, my fear was that it would only last a month or less and at that price..ouch:). I'm also going to Cosmedix stuff GSR13, again my biggest concern is that droop on the corners of my mouth. I don't use a seperate sunblock, but the cetaphil moisturizer has spf 15 in it, is this good enough?

I would suggest that you use a vitamin C serum and also sunblock. I think you should see very good results with the Alphaderma though (my mum certainly has - she has the 4oz bottle and it lasts her probably around 5 months or so, she does also use the skin prep gel). Get a sample pack and see what you think of it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2005 7:53 am      Reply with quote
fly0684 wrote:
Very expensive stuff, how long will it last?

If you go to the Janson Beckett website, under "buy products", there is an offer for a free 1/2 ounce sample of the ADCE and you only pay shipping. I convinced my mom to get one, and it arrived within a few days.

Tina
fly0684
5% products discount

Tue May 10, 2005 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, I'm going to check it out. I already orderd the 5 day sample pack. Still not sure if I should be using a seperate sunblock, as I rely on the spf15 in my cetaphil moisturizer currently...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |