Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
If you had one product to recommend for oily/spotty skin....
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2005 4:02 am      Reply with quote
What would it be? =)

i'm asking this as i plan to make an order from EDS and need to top up my cart a bit more for free shipping.

in my cart i have

Jane Iredale Handi Brush
Jurlique Rose Dust
Decleor Ylang Ylang Aroma Oil
Jurlique Rosewater

besides recommending a product, could you also caution me as to what i should remove from my cart?

i did not research enough when i ordered my previos lot and the sunscreen gave me a huge breakout and also didn't apply on well and was very greasy.

Questions i want to ask are...

1. is the handi brush effective in making make up not appear thick? does it give a natural look and is there another brush you would recommend instead? (i'm using it with JI pressed powder)

2. Does jurlique rose dust make the face look whiter? does it go on unnoticable or does it add a powdery effect?

3. can the jurlique rosewater be used as a spray over make up to reduce the powdery effect? right now, i mist dermalogicas multiactive toner to make it less powdery but thats not very smart as it sort of strips away my make up too =p

the most impt thing is to make myself look as though im not wearing any make up =D. so, advice?

really appreciate all the help you can give! THANK YOU loads! Very Happy
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2005 5:10 am      Reply with quote
I would recommend adding a good glycolic cleanser like MD Formulations - excellent at keeping your skin clear and exfoliated. Worked great on my skin when I used to be oily/acne.

The rest of your products look fine, the Decleor Ylang Ylang oil is good and you can use it with the glycolic cleanser. The brush will make your minerals look more natural than using a sponge and the spray will make it look natural - it will only strip off the make-up if the spray droplets are too big or your too close - the Jurlique spray is very fine so should work well. I've not used the Rose dust but its had good reviews here! Very Happy Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 3:27 am      Reply with quote
thanks lucia. anyone knows if the rose dust comes with a powder puff or do u have to buy a seperate one? can u use the handi brush to apply it? :s
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 4:06 am      Reply with quote
No, it doesn't come with a powder puff. Actually, I wouldn't recommend applying it with a puff anyway! You need a good powder brush, or the JI Handi Brush to get a thin, even application.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 7:19 am      Reply with quote
alright! thanks alot!

btw, i saw the lavender ylang ylang oil (a whopping 50ml one) selling at strawberry.net. seems much cheaper when you buy it bulk. should i go for that or stick with EDS? i much like the service here >.< but they do have free delivery.. hm
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 8:38 am      Reply with quote
See my reply to your question under this thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6173&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 10:42 am      Reply with quote
If it's cheaper at StrawberryNet, I would buy it there. The service is just as good as EDS (don't get all those free samples though), and the delivery is really fast. The record for me is 2 days (from HongKong to Norway! Very Happy ). If it's the first time you order something there, I think it could take a bit longer. But if you're not in a hurry to get it... But again, their service is great.
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I used to order quite alot of stuff from Strawberrynet in the last few years........and i, like you ordered the salon size of ylang ylang and essential baume.........and guess what.......the ylang ylang after using if for about 6 months......was out of date.......same with the essentail baume.......after about 1year and a half....that too was out of date..........you only use a tiny bit of the product - not the full 50 gms - actually i think it was about 100 gms...(actually from when i last looked at the Strawberry net website......they do a 15ml and 100ml in the baumes......no 50 mls)(correct me if i'm wrong..)....and also if you look at the Decleor website - it states that skin care by them has a shelf life of 2 years - if unopened and 6months if opened..........so decide again......what you want to do........... Very Happy

And from what i gather, eds is much better as regards quality, customer service etc......oh! and samples.......

Sorry to go on........i also ordered the Decleor whitening range for pigmentation (not to whiten my skin Mad )... i ordered it away back in december 2003.......had a look at it today.....and the useby date was 04/04....

regards Karina
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Correction..........had a look at the decleor website............."all of our products have a shelf life of 2 years and the use-by dates are stated on all of the products and the packaging...when products are opened, they can be used up to the date stated.........kept away from sunlight in a cool place to ensure the life and effectiveness of the product" Cool

Just thought i'd also let you know......some of my decleor stuff did not have a use by date on them......ie the pots of cream........the tubes all had a date on them..... Laughing
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
If you HAVE to take away one product, I'd remove the Rosewater.

The rose silk dust does NOT appear white on your skin (smells divine!), great for keeping your skin matte looking all day. Spritz any natural toner over your make-up to set it. (Pure which hazel works)

Last, I have a secret for pimples...GSE grapfruit seed extract (from nutribiotic) that you can buy in any health food store, just dab alittle of that gel on and see them disappear... Very Happy
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
oh, by the way Tinkerbel...

My man HATES make-up...and he still thinks I'm not wearing any (he he Laughing )...

JI base is great, I put on some of their lipgloss too, a nice natural looking rouge can make wonders (I dab on my cheeks, nose, over eyes, and fore-head) and set with spritzing a toner over it. Then I take a brown eye-shadow and use a wetted brush to line it around the eyes...stays all day. Wink
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Last, I have a secret for pimples...GSE grapfruit seed extract (from nutribiotic) that you can buy in any health food store, just dab alittle of that gel on and see them disappear... Very Happy

right on. I have been meaning to post this on the DIY thread but I haven't been able to find my little brochure listing all of its recipes. And their website doesn't seem to help in this regard.

Anyway, this stuff is pretty good for all of its uses. I am trying it on my spots (but it recommends not to use full strength on your skin---and my skin is sensitive so...---- What I do is: after I wash my face while it is still wet I blend about 2-3 drops of the GSE on the broken-out areas and let it sit for about 30 seconds then rinse. It seems to help with inflamation (indicative of fighting bacteria)). It seems to really help fight the infection. Many times my spots aren't as red and swollen the next day after using it.

Other uses:
(keep in mind that YOU DILUTE IT. AND FIND OUT BEFORE YOU USE IT... this is my disclaimer)

-facial toner
-face wash (it doesn't lather though)
-supplement
-fruit and vegie wash
-surface disinfectant
-mouth rinse
-?
(warning: it's extremely bitter I tried adding a few drops to my orange juice as a supplement and I definitely tasted it. I am not sure how people can stand to use it as a mouth rinse.)

so anyway, if you are interested research it or ask your local health food store.

Wink
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
is grapeseed extract the same as grapeseed oil that i can buy online? also, thanks everyone for all your helpful answers. karina, yr post really has helped me alot Smile

actually, i plan to buy esential oils from aroma pure and make my own ylang ylang oil. what do you think? however, im really busy now so perhaps id make an order from eds of the above items first.

then when i have time prob end of the year., ill start whipping up my concoctions Smile
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:16 am      Reply with quote
Yeah I agree with Lucia, I had oliy skin as well MDF cleanser and Lotion its the best products I ever had, I cant go any way without them!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:01 am      Reply with quote
[quote="tynkerbell"]is grapeseed extract the same as grapeseed oil that i can buy online? also, thanks everyone for all your helpful answers. karina, yr post really has helped me alot Smile
_____

In a word: No. Grapefruit seed extract. Grapeseed oil.

One is an extract from the seed of the grapefruit.

Another is an oil from the seed of the grape.

Different entities. Different uses.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |