Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Which are good mineral makeup lines?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
EMIKO
5% products discount

Wed May 04, 2005 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Just out of curiousity, what do you think are the best mineral makeup lines?

I only know of Jane Iredale in Japan.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2005 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
I love the bare escentuals. It gives lovely cover.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 4:10 am      Reply with quote
I know that MariaV is our resident mineral makeup guru (I think she’s tried just about all of them!), and she seems to prefer Aromaleigh for their foundations, but the problem with them is that they only ship within the U.S.. Actually, I think that’s true for a lot of the smaller, lesser known mineral makeup lines! Personally, I love Jane Iredale the best for her foundation, but when it comes to eyeshadow and/or blushes, you can’t beat the color selection from Bare Escentuals!

Anyway, hopefully MariaV will reply with some more recommendations....

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 4:48 am      Reply with quote
I like the sheer, pearly finish of Bare Escentuals. GloMinerals was too matte for my liking.
EMIKO
5% products discount

Thu May 05, 2005 5:46 am      Reply with quote
I found a company called PurMinerals.

Anyone tried this line before?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 7:05 am      Reply with quote
I can almost guarantee that MariaV has tried them!! You really ought to send her a private message asking for her input, in case she misses seeing this topic and doesn’t respond. She’s really lovely and quite helpful when it comes to mineral makeup!

Sat May 07, 2005 3:38 am      Reply with quote
I've only tried Bare Mineral, Colorescience, Youngblood, Jane Iredale and GloMinerals. I've found the Jane Iredale pressed foundation to be the BEST of those that I have tried.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2005 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Ah, Carrie you flatter me!!!

But 'tis true - I have tried most of them, and of course these are strictly my opinions but here goes -

Your two "biggies" Bare Essentuals and Jane Iredale really started the whole mineral craze. The creator of Bare Essentuals then went on to the famous Bare Minerals infomercials that have sold like a gajillion products. After those came Youngblood, which then spawned "Sheer Cover" infomercials. Again, same company, but marketed to the masses.

That being said - my opinion only of course, but in my experience, the Jane line seems to give a more natural finish then BE, with more color choices and not as glowy as the BE. HOWEVER, there a thousands of women who swear by and adore BE and will use no other line. Whether I couldn't match my skintone, or I was just not applying it correctly (as it was the first one I tried before I learned to lightly buff and also to use the right brushes like a flat topped brush) I could not make BE work for me. Your best bet is to try sampling before you buy.....also, watch for your skin's reaction. The above mentioned lines all contain bismuth oxychloride. On some (many) this is no big deal - on others, it can wreak havoc on your skin causing itchies, bumpies, breakouts and drying out of your skin. I was one of the lucky ones this happened to, after truly falling in love with Jane, and determined it wasn't the makeup that was making my skin look like crap. Alas, it was the dreaded bismuth that did me in. Conversely, some people have seen a marked improvement in their skin b/c now they are using something more natural. So its all trial and error.....

Lines like Jane have two or moreformulas- a pressed and a loose, and some even have liquids. The loose and liquid is for dryer skins, the pressed for normal to oily skins. So that might be a consideration.

Carrie mentioned that I love Aromaleigh - yup. I love everything from their blushes to their brushes, to their shadows..and yes, they only ship in the U.S. They came out with a foundation called "Glissade" which is for people like me who could not tolerate other mineral makeups. Their minerals are silicone coated, which may be a no no for some who react to 'cones. Right now, I'm doing an experiment where I'm off the 'cones, b/c I noticed my skin was getting a little bumpy - but there were cones in the Regenerist (OilofOlay) product too, so maybe I was cones overdosing. HOWEVER, I'm still using all of Aromaleigh's colors - they're so beautiful.

Movin' on.....Lines to check out that are still considered somewhat big, but not as big as JI and BE are: La Belladonna, Colorscience, Glominerals, and Illuminaire. Another somewhat fast growing line is Monave - and I know there's no bismuth in that line. (Excellent customer service by the way.)

Smaller lines that you'll have to check to see if they deliver out of the U.S. but GREAT lines none the less are:
BareFaced Minerals - terrific to deal with, great products in three different coverages.
J.Lynne Minerals
Mineral Boutique (Vitamin E added minerals, very creamy!)
Botany 101 - one of the best smaller companies as far as a beautiful, creamy, natural mineral product - shipping time SUCKS!!!!! Beware!!! Many claim it's worth the wait. I did love her products tho, and she is trying to get back on track. Super nice gal who had lots of medical setbacks. Her products are stellar and I know she ships internationally.
Pure Luxe - have used her Line Eraser, which is very nice, not tried her minerals but have heard good things

There's so many more, I hate to overwhelm - Geografx, Cory, sheesh the list keeps getting longer and longer as more artisans foray into mineral make-up. Some are adding things like grapeseed oil and vitamin e. Some just do straight zinc oxide, titanium oxide and mica. It's amazing how your skin reacts to just the percentages of those three ingredients.

I know this is a lot of information, and if you hit the delphi boards mineralmania -you'll be even more overwhelmed, but there are many,many helpful people over there who can help you too!!! All of the above lines are linked to from the delphi boards. I believe the link is http://forums.delphiforums.com/mineralmania

Boy, that was long winded!!!!!

Maria Laughing Laughing

Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |