Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Please help me decide...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
snooops
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I'm thinking about making another order from EDS, and I have a long list of products that I want to try. As always I'm having a hard time deciding what to get.

I'm 21, have combo skin, oily t-zone, acneprone/congested forehead, blackheads on my nose. My main problems at the time is congested and a bit sensitive skin.

My current regime:
AM
Dermalogica Dermal Clay/ Ultracalming Cleanser
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
Dermalogica Multi-Active Toner
SkinCeuticals Serum 10
Dermalogica Oil Control Lotion/Active Moist
JI Foundation (pressed base)
PM
SkinCeuticals Simply Clean
Dr Hauschka Cleansing Creme
Dermalogica Active Moist

The products I want to try:
Decleor Harmonie Essentielle Cream/Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel/Dermalogica Barrier Repair
JI Absence/BE Mineral Vail/Jurlique Rose Silk Dust
Sothys Hydroptimale Mask
Decleor Ylang Ylang Oil
Decleor Neroli Oil
Dermalogica MultiVitamin Power Recovery Masque

I also have some stretch marks, and want to try some firming products:
Decleor Body Firming Duo
Decleor Perfect Buste
Decleor Prolagene Gel (will this work on scars from surgery as well as smaller scars?)

I need a good foot cream as well. Don't have dry feet, so nothing to rich or oily.

Would someone help me decide? What should I remove from my list? Any products I should add?

Sorry about the long post...
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 8:54 am      Reply with quote
how long have you been using that regime? and have you seen any improvement with it?

If I had to pick one thing on your list to slot in I would pick the Decleor Ylang Ylang to use at night

I've tried the Decleor bust but didn't see any improvement. If you're looking for firmness the JB - ALA/DMAE lotion works well.

as for stretch marks I have 3 I'm testing.
Janson Beckett Stretch mark cream, EmerginC vitc body lotion and I have a DDF vita body lotion to also trial.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I've been using it for about 6 months, and there has been an improvement. My skin tone is more clear and the skin is smoother. But my last regime was pretty much department store products, so it couldn't get any worse than it already was...

I really want to try the ylang ylang oil, but I'm afraid it might be to drying for my cheeks. Or maybe I should use it only on the oily areas?

How do you like your stretch mark creams so far? And where could I get the JB? Needs to be shipped to Europe...
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 1:53 am      Reply with quote
snooops wrote:
I've been using it for about 6 months, and there has been an improvement. My skin tone is more clear and the skin is smoother. But my last regime was pretty much department store products, so it couldn't get any worse than it already was...

I really want to try the ylang ylang oil, but I'm afraid it might be to drying for my cheeks. Or maybe I should use it only on the oily areas?

How do you like your stretch mark creams so far? And where could I get the JB? Needs to be shipped to Europe...

you could apply the oil (or the balm at night)to areas where you are congested rather than all over the face. Some people like to put a moisuriser over the top.

janson-beckett.com
You may want to talk with Winnie she is a rep for JB and may be able to help you select a product. They do ship to europe.

I like the JB stretchmark cream - it has a nice rich feel - I'm using this at night along with the AlphadermaCE lotion.

I've started using the emerginc vit c lotion in the day. I'm using the logic that the marks are caused by broken collagen, vitc is essential to the production of collagen. I know there is a bit more to it than that before someone picks on my chemistry;)

I'm liking it but I've only been using this combination for a few days.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 7:17 am      Reply with quote
You regime sounds very much like what I use to have.

However i personally found that putting active moist on my oily skin was not a very good idea. It is much better to use a gel like moisturiser on your oily tzone.

i am, like you, interested in the decleor ylang ylang oil as well =) from what I head, it is marvelous so i would hihgly recommend it to you.

one more thing, have you tried making a homemade ACV toner? the original recipe is from carekate.

ive been using it for just 3 days but the improvement is huge! my skin looks and feels so much clearer, is less oily too.

perhaps do a search on ACV toner.
it uses green tea and apple cider vinegar as main ingredients. and accoring to carekate, does no possible harm in the long run to your skin but infact, does lots lots of good which i totally agree with Smile let me know how it goes!
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2005 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi Snoops Very Happy Wow you have quite a list there! As far as products to add to your regimine, I would definately recommend Sothys Hydroptimale Mask (I got a sample after Mabsy suggested it and am in love!!). It hasn't caused me to break out or anything like that but my skin definately feels supple and hydrated after using it. I generally love Dermalogica products but the two you are considering (Barrier Repair and Multivitamin Power Recovery) are not my favourites. Barrier repair just doesnt make my skin feel like it's being hydrated, it's like a clear gel-silicon type substance that sits on top of your skin. It seems like it needs another moistuiser underneath (maybe that's how you're supposed to do it??). Also, I know a lot of people love Power Recovery but the results for me are not worth the smell or icky colour of it. It also made my skin sting a little (my sister found the same thing and she doesn't even have sensitive skin). As far as soothing masks go (if that's what you were hoping for with Power Recovery) I would recommend Thalgo's Skin Soothing Cream Mask. It's makes my face feel fresh and cool but moisturised at the same time if that makes sense. Hope I haven't just confused you even more!! Let us know how you go and if you see any improvement. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2005 4:26 am      Reply with quote
I was thinking of the Derm Power Recovery Masque, as I've tried the power concentrate. It calmed my skin, and made me get rid of those red, blotchy and sensiteve spot. I hoped the mask would do the same thing. The Thalgo mask sounds tempting, but I don't think EDS ships it to Europe. Or am I wrong about that?

I'm also looking for a soothing cream, Decleor Harmonie Essentielle Cream and Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel are most tempting at the moment. I will definitely try Sothys Hydroptimale Mask, I've always had trouble finding hydrating masks that don't break me out.

Can anyone help me with a matifying powder to use with my JI base? The alternatives are JI Absence, BE Mineral Vail or Jurlique Rose Silk Dust. The last one is more tempting.
Mabsy

Sat May 07, 2005 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Just to clarify - are you wanting to replace some of the products in your current routine or add to it? I would like to recommend the Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel but if you are getting enough moisture in your current routine then there is no need for it. I can also highly recommend the Hydroptimale mask. It's a moisturising mask though and you should consider if you need it with your skin. I guess what I'm getting at is that if you have congested skin still after using that routine for 6 months then perhaps you should be changing to something lighter or something that will help with the congestion rather than something that will moisturise more.

I'd be looking more at things like Ylang Ylang Oil (for the t-zone) or Essential Balm for the congested areas. Just a thought...

Re: mattifying powders. The Absence is not really a mattifying powder - it's a base (of slightly strange consistency) that you apply before you apply your foundation. It actually works quite well. From the BE or Jurlique powder choice I would definitely go with the Jurlique Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2005 6:31 am      Reply with quote
What I wanted to do, was to add some products to my regime. But now that I've been thinking about it for some time, I think that replacing some of them might be better for my skin.

When I said I had been using this routine the last 6 months, that wasn't completely true. The Vit C and Dr H cleansing creme was added about a month ago, but I didn't think any of those could be the one congesting my skin. Now I've stopped using the cleansing creme (for 3 days), and even though all of my blackheads are back, it seems like most of the tiny bumps on my forehead are gone. Don't know if there's any connection, but still...

Is the Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel lighter than Derm Active Moist (any chance it will congest my skin)? Maybe I should use that together with the Ylang Ylang Oil? Or should I try SkinCeuticals B5 Gel with the Ylang Ylang?

Re the mattifying products. Which one of the Absence and Jurlique powder would keep my skin matte longer? I don't like all the touch ups during the day.
Mabsy

Sun May 08, 2005 1:19 am      Reply with quote
snooops wrote:
Is the Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel lighter than Derm Active Moist (any chance it will congest my skin)? Maybe I should use that together with the Ylang Ylang Oil? Or should I try SkinCeuticals B5 Gel with the Ylang Ylang?

Re the mattifying products. Which one of the Absence and Jurlique powder would keep my skin matte longer? I don't like all the touch ups during the day.

I can't remember if I ever tried the Active Moist actually. I think I have but I can't be too sure. The Jurlique is very light.

As to the Absence and the Silk Dust - I'm not really sure which one would work better to be honest. I think they'd be about the same.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 08, 2005 3:08 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel, but I have used active moist. I found it wasn't enough for my skin (I always felt like I need another layer and another and another Laughing so I used up the bottle quickly). I'm prone to breakouts and didn't get any (even from way OVER using it). If you're especially oily though it may be good for you (a lot of people love it). One thing to consider is that the Jurlique gel is supposed to soothe as well as hydrate so you'd be getting more than one benefit from it (Active Moist is really just a moisturiser).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Eve, I just discovered EmerginC's vitamin C body lotion earlier this year.

It seems like a very promising product. What was your experience with this product like?
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hey VeronicaM, I'm not sure you're aware, but you might check the dates on some of these posts. This thread is from over 7 years ago!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |