Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jojoba Oil in ACV? :S
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I forgot I bought pure Jojoba oil some time ago. Smile
Do you think it would work in the ACV? Shock

Aga

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Aga what I do is cleanse then use the ACV toner, then I use the Jojoba Oil as a moisturiser (it does the same job as the Dr Hauschka Normalising Day Oil Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rosebud! Smile

I have been using an oil as a moisturizer as well Smile... camellia oil

I am not sure how to put the Jojoba oil to work , hate to see it getting wasted Wink

Is JO improving your skins apperance? No breakouts?

Aga

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I rub a couple of drops of JO between my palms and then pat onto my face. It is fantastic. My skin is really moisturised all day but not greasy. I was using DrH rose cream which was lovely, but I looked like I'd been plastinated by the other Dr H Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 5:12 am      Reply with quote
You can always use your Jojoba as a body oil. My body oil recipe: some olive oil, some Vit-E oil, some Jojoba oil, some Grapeseed Oil, some Avocado Oil, some Sweet Almond Oil...just whatever I happen to have in the house! I also put in a few drops of Vanilla Fragrance Oil and some Orange Essential Oil, just to give it a yummy scent.

Another thing to do with your Jojoba oil: add a bit (maybe a tablespoon or two) to a bottle of shampoo and/or conditioner to make your shampoo/conditioner super moisturizing. If you want to give your hair a treat, put Jojoba on straight, let it set for at least 20 minutes (or overnight!), then shampoo out. The result: healthy, shiny, well-conditioned hair!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 7:19 am      Reply with quote
i am really wondering, where do you guys find all these oils! :s can't seem to get them.
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the recipe CareKate!

I am also going to try the Jojoba oil for hair Smile How many drops do you use? Should I put it all over the hair? Shock

So u guys think I can add some of it to the ACV?

Aga

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Tynkerbell --

I either buy my oils at my local health food store, or order them online. Two of the places that I have ordered from are http://www.thepersonalformulator.com/ andwww.aroma-pure.com. Both of these companies have excellent quality products and reasonable prices (actually much cheaper than buying at my Whole Foods store!).

I know that The Personal Formulator does accept and ship international orders (although they’re minimum shipping charge of $8USD inside the U.S. is a bit steep – especially if the item you are order weighs only one ounce!!!).

Aroma-Pure also accepts international orders, but they email the customer first to let them know what the shipping charges will be so the customer can decide for his or her self if it would be cost-effective for him/her, before committing to the order. You can’t get much more reasonable than that!!

HTH,
Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Aga wrote:
I am also going to try the Jojoba oil for hair Smile How many drops do you use? Should I put it all over the hair? Shock

So u guys think I can add some of it to the ACV?

For your hair: if you mean how much to you use if you’re going to do it as a deep conditioning treatment, since it depends on your hair length , use the same amount of jojoba oil as you would of conditioner....If you mean adding it to your shampoo or conditioner to make it a ‘super moisturizing formula,’ then start out by adding a tablespoon (shake bottle well before each use).

I don’t know about adding Jojoba to your toner...on the one hand, I add essential oils to my toner (Ylang Ylang, Lemon, Lavender, etc), and it’s great. But on the other hand...jojoba oil is much thicker then essential oils are, so it might make your toner too greasy. But then again, the ingredients for the ACV toner are so cheap, you can always add a bit of Jojoba and try it to see how you like it. If it bombs, it’s not going to cost the earth to pour it out and make a new batch. Bottom line: go for it. But I’d only add a few drops at a time. Start out adding ten drops of Jojoba to your toner and test it out. You can add more or less depending on your preferences.

HTH,
Carrie

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Thx for the info Carrie Smile

Ill hold off with the JO in the ACV, and I;ll try to get a hold of those other oils!

Aga

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
hey carekate,
the two websites you posted seem to have drastic differences in price (esp the ylang ylang oil)

thepersonalfomulator.com seems to be much cheaper. is there a compromise in quality? which website provides higher quality essential oils?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2005 3:55 am      Reply with quote
No, there’s no difference in quality – the price differences are due to the amount of product you get. The bottles from the Personal Formulator are big, around 1 fluid ounce, whereas the prices onwww.Aroma-Pure.com are for much smaller amounts (i.e.: 1/4 to ½ that size).

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 5:41 am      Reply with quote
yeah. is that why personalformulator is so much cheaper cause its sold in bulk?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |