Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: JANE IREDALE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I just got my first Jane Iredale cosmetics order...and I'm impressed!

Amazing base: A powder that's lika a foundation and sunscreen in one, you need so little and it looks like you're not wearing any make-up! I've got oily skin, so I topped it off with some Jurlique rose silk dust, and wow, my man (that HATES make-up) said I looked amazing (he had no clue I was wearing any Wink ). I'm also trying the liquid foundation and the pressed base, and will let you know about them when they arrive.

Lip gloss: Wonderful! My lips look so natural and plumped! It really nourishes the lips too! Love it!

Eye shadow: Got a dark brown color that I put on as a liner around my eyes with the precision brush...I wet the brush alittle and dipped it in the shadow, and wow, it has lasted all day, even after my bath! (and my man still thinks I'm not wearing any make-up...)

The handi brush: after hearing all the great reviews, I was at first disappointed at the little bristles falling off the brush! But it did a great job of putting on the powder, so I'm hoping that it's just because it's new that a few are falling off...any advice/simular problem?

I'll add more items as I give them a try...but I must say that this is one of the best, if not the best, make-up lines I've ever tried!

Let me know of your favorite JI products! I'm hooked! Laughing
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
What type of coverage did you get with the amazing base? Did it cover any blemishes?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to mention the best product! Rolling Eyes

Circle/delete (no1): This is THE best under eye make-up I've ever used. It doesn't cake and will not make you look all wrinkled if you smile all day (something I enjoy doing Very Happy )...the no1 comes with 2 great colors that you can mix and match, I know I can use this one all year round even when I get tanned. On top of this, it contains nourishing ingredients! Me like it ALOT!
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Rosebud,

For blemishes, I've heard the pressed base is supposed to be less shiny, I'll let you know the difference when I get it.

The Amazing base was tricky at first..I really couldn't see that I was wearing any make-up, but somehow those red areas were covered! I dotted alittle extra on my two blemishes, and it worked great! My skin did look shiny though, but flawlessly shiny! Very Happy (My Jurlique silk dust powder took care of that though) One thing that surprised me, was that my skin felt better after the make-up then before it!? I swear I had this huge ingrown pimple comming, and it decided to go back (thank you)...it was either thanks to Dr Hauschka or Jane Iredale Wink
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
I've used from JI

-loose powder
-liquid minerals
-eyeshadow
-eyelid primer
-disappear concealer
-circle delete #2.

The only one I wasn't fully satisfied with was the eyelid primer. It tended to crease a bit...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I got the *24 CARAT GOLD MINE* not so long ago and I love playing with all the shimmers.
They look great over my lipstck, gives the illusion of lipgloss without they stickiness, the rose coloured one and the champagne are particularly good for this.
I also brushed some in my hair which gave a very subtle result only noticable when they light caught my hair. I use them on my cleavage to give a slight shimmer.
On my eyes I like to use the purple shimmer and I tried the bronze on my cheekbones over the top of bronzer very nice!!! Very Happy
They are subtle shimmers and more intense in different lighting, for example neon lighting WOW lots of shimmer, I am really looking forward to summer when I can really have some fun with these Very Happy
Have not figured out what to do with the brush yet though, it is too big to use on my eyes and too small to use on my face, I tried using it on my face and it started to shed so I've just been using my own brushes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks guys for all of your reviews. I've been looking at JI products lately, as every time I go to the dermatologist, she mentions JI products.

For some reason the BE loose powders I've tried lately have made my skin look worse, so I'm anxious to make a change.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to cut in on ur forum happyhippy, but while you're on the topic of JI, I thought I'd ask my question too. I've never used any mineral products but everyone on here seems to rave about JI so I want to give em a go. Does anyone know which foundation would be best for my skin type (kinda oily t-zone, especially my pore shiney lil nose Laughing chin breakouts and a bit sensitive/dry on the rest of my face). My skin is fair, I'm usually the lightest foundation avaiable in whichever range I use (currently Clinique Super Fit Foundation # 5). Any help would be appreciated Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 12:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
You can get samples of JI on ebay and also at skin-etc.com at least I think its there. You can try out the colours and the pressed and loose powders to see what colours and textures you like best without breaking the bank.
There is also a website that tells you what colours would be best for you and has a comparison chart for the different makes and tells you which shades from each manufacturer are most alike but I cannot remember the name, the link is on one of the other threads about mineral makeup.Sorry cannot remember which one.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 12:10 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
What type of coverage did you get with the amazing base? Did it cover any blemishes?

Can't really speak for the JI Amazing Base but I read an interesting discussion on Mineral Make-Up Mania (the Delphi Forum Board) the other day about how mineral make-up is supposed to improve your natural look and not give you a mask-like coverage. Somebody pointed out that if mineral foundations were good enough to cover angry, red blemishes why would they be selling concealors as well as the foundations. I am currently trying out 2 different brands of mineral make-up. They do even out my skin tone a lot and they slightly disguise any blemishes I might have and any scarring. However, I still need to take a small concealor brush and apply extra minerals to spots to really cover them up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 5:16 am      Reply with quote
As far as why they have concealers, the cirecle/delete is especially for the area under the eyes and contains nourishing botanicals (I do not use any foundation over it) and the Disappear concealer is formulated to treat blemishes while it covers.

I've been using all organic make-up before, but switched over to Jane Iredale because of a balance of what's natural and what actually works.

Definetly order a sample from skin-etc.com...I'd stick to the warm and natural shades. The liquid foundation is supposed to treat and nourish your skin, but does not give as heavy of a coverage as the pressed powder, that is supposed to be great for oily skin and is not as shiny as the amazing base (loose powder). The amazing base you can also mix with your moisturiser and make your own foundation.

Surprised
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Toe I have to agree with what you are saying, I got carried away with the hype and so on my last order I added the Bare Escentuals multi tasking Bisque, I thought I would try some mineral make-up and an extra £10 wouldn't break the bank. This stuff was crap, I have tried everything and I get no coverage what-so-ever. It has put me off the minerals a little bit.
Toe which mineral bases are you using?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 6:30 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Toe I have to agree with what you are saying, I got carried away with the hype and so on my last order I added the Bare Escentuals multi tasking Bisque, I thought I would try some mineral make-up and an extra £10 wouldn't break the bank. This stuff was crap, I have tried everything and I get no coverage what-so-ever. It has put me off the minerals a little bit.

That's too bad, rosebud. That is what I wanted to try next. Did you try it with the BE concealer brush? Where exactly were you using it and what did you want to conceal? I wanted to try it for under my eyes...and then apply my foundation.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 7:09 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:

I tried the Bisque a few months back. Rubbish (IMO). Was totally the wrong colour for me and did little to cover the blemishes. Really shiny too.
At the moment I am trying out 4 different mineral make-up brands. I've got samples from the following companies:
BareFaced Minerals
Pure Luxe Cosmetics
Cory Cosmetics
J Lynne Cosmetics
Samples are generous so I have enough to get quite a few applications out of each jar/bag.
They differ quite a lot in terms of coverage and colours available. BareFaced Minerals has a formula which is designed to offer extra coverage compared to normal mineral make-up. From what I can tell, Cory Cosmetics foundations offer a lot of coverage but I haven't found a perfect colour match with her shades yet.
I'm going to order samples from another site, Alpha Skincare, as they have a formula which supposedly offers 'complete coverage'. Samples are cheap and so will order a few and see if the claims are true.
Am still playing about with all my samples at the moment. Not decided yet which to buy in full sizes. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Toe I would really love to know how you get on with all these samples Very Happy
Faith yes I have used every brush going with the bisque and it did nothing for under my eyes, if I were you I'd pay a bit extra and go for the Jane Iredale Circle Deleat, everybody seems to love this one best for under eye.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Happyhippie, I was disappointed to see a few hairs coming out of my Handi brush the first few days too, but it seems to have stopped shedding after that.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:

I tried the Bisque a few months back. Rubbish (IMO). Was totally the wrong colour for me and did little to cover the blemishes. Really shiny too.
At the moment I am trying out 4 different mineral make-up brands. I've got samples from the following companies:
BareFaced Minerals
Pure Luxe Cosmetics
Cory Cosmetics
J Lynne Cosmetics

Toe, How do you like the JLynne? Im planning to order some samples...i like that they dont have a very big ingredient list..

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Molly Wink

Rosebud, I would try Jane Iredale, from what I've heard, it's not like other mineral make-ups, JI is not as shiny and does not need a "veil"...it's what plastic surgeons use after their "treatments" on clients! The circle/delete is the best I've tried for under eye coverage!
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
purpleturtle wrote:
Toe, How do you like the JLynne? Im planning to order some samples...i like that they dont have a very big ingredient list..

Haven't actually tried my J Lynne samples yet as I am working my way through the others first. I've read good things about the J Lynne make-up so I'm looking forward to trying it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I just want to add my 2 cents and I LOVE, LOVE my JI make-up, actually thanks to all of you wonderful ladies and all of your wonderful advice and reviews I have changed everything about my skincare..
anyway, back to JI, I have rosacea and it flares up from time to time, so my derm recommended I try JI makeup, she did a whole makeover one day and my goodness I haven't looked that flawless, since I was 15. And because I have been using my Jergens Natural Glow and looked so wondefully sun kissed, she recommended I use the Pressed Base in Golden Glow, I thought it might be a little dark, but it gave me this beautiful tan look to my face!
So I am sticking to that during summer, (if it ever kicks in in CA) and go to Warm Sienna during Winter. I spray with my D20 water and voila!!

My favorite is the Mineral Blush in "MOCHA" definetley compliments my tan look!!

I am so happy with JI, everyday I get a new compliment on my skin!!!
Mabsy

Sat May 07, 2005 2:43 am      Reply with quote
My favorite products from JI are the pressed base, circle delete, disappear, and the JI Handi brush (I haven't had any issues with shedding btw). I also really like to the D2O mist.

In terms of the foundation, I hear that the pressed base is definitely more matte than the loose so those of you that have found it too shiny might be better off with the pressed (which is not shiny AT ALL). I have no problems getting coverage with the JI pressed base (I use Warm Silk) and I am using the JI Handi brush. If you want more coverage you might want to use a flocked sponge instead of a brush though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2005 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, just thought I'd let you know that I went to my local Ella Bache salon today as they sell JI products and I'm so impressed!! I didn't actually buy any (I just let them help me find the right colour and now I'm going to order it from EDS as it's cheaper Laughing ). I can't believe how beautiful my skin feels!! And the colour is perfect for me (pressed powder in amber). I couldn't stop looking at myself in the store windows Laughing I've never seen my skin so clear. Let's just hope I don't end up having a reaction to that bismoth stuff (don't know how to spell it). Thank you EDS!! I would never have thought to try this before I found this site. I'm so happy Very Happy

Sun May 08, 2005 1:52 am      Reply with quote
princesita - would you mind telling me which Ella Bache is your local one? I went to the chemist in Garden City the other day because I wanted to play around with some colors (rather than go by online shades) but they've got just a few items and they're getting rid of the line Confused Meanwhile, I want to figure out if I will still order the same shade of blush or if I'll try another one.

I'm glad you like the JI pressed - I'm absolutely attached to mine!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 08, 2005 5:27 am      Reply with quote
I went to the new Ella Bache salon at Indro, they just opened it last week. It's on the top floor kind of across from Rabbit Photo. I went in by accident (ok it was no accident, I saw all the pretty products as I walked past and decide to grab one of their price lists... you know, just incase Laughing ) then I saw the JI stuff and I was like Surprised Shock Very Happy in that order!! The ladies there all seemed really nice and were happy to test different colours on me. They didn't mind that I wasn't buying. My poor mum, I was supposed to be doing mother-daughter things with her but I spent the whole afternoon raving about how good my skin felt and reading the little JI info book they gave me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 08, 2005 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Am very pleased with my Jane Iredale free gift from my last EDS order. Lipgloss in Candid Rose. am glad I didn't buy it though, it's tiny!!!!!
It will probably be gone in a month! Laughing
It is definatley the best lipgloss I've used.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |