Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

doglovers: golden doodle vs stanadard poodle
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
golden doodle or standard poodle!??
i am thinking to get a puppy.
which one is more kid friendly????
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm...you may want to move this to the lounge section since it is not skin care related?!

Anyways, as far as a know, both are very nice but std poodle is a lot cheaper than golden/laberdoodle. I have seen a number of golden/laberdoodle and they were all extremely high energy!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
skincare aside...I have a maltese-poudle mix...it is the cutest thing on earth, only 10 pounds and can come with everywhere. Now, I never thought I would own a "small" dog, but even my man loves her and says it's the smartest, coolest, cutest dog on earth (he better...hehe). She swims, surfs, goes on the bike, stands on her two back feet and waves her paws and is just the cutest thing around...kids love her! If they ask if she bites, I say that she might lick you to death as a joke...
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have always had poodles or poodle mixes. Labradoodles are popular now and very expensive. Standard poodles are very smart and large. They are sweet with kids but can be a real handful if you don't train them well and give them lots of exercise. I now have two mini poodles one will be small (12 pounds or so) the other may end up a small standard (just over 15" at the shoulder and 25 pounds). I absolutely love them. Our last poodle just died the new ones are 4 months old. My last poodle was around when my dd was born. She was so good with my dd and her friends. She did't even nip when a 2yo twisted her head. I think training is key (because they are very smart and need to know who is boss) and exposure to many people when they are young. I teach at a university and I bring the pups to work with me often as I did with my previous dog. I think that helps them have a nice calm personality. I really like having 2 this time. They play together and it's really fun to watch. I had a poodle and a spaniel mix when I was young and I think two helps them with personality. Anyway I think that poodles are great it's just people who don't care for them correctly (treat them as toys, again they're smart and need training) that give them a bad rep sometimes. Mine (I've had 5 so far) have been gentle, not barkers and just fun to be with.
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Adopt a animal who needs a home..You will be glad you did.

Blue
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
My niece has two Standard Poodles and they are awesome with her three pre-school boys. Lovely animal!!! I bring my grandsons over her house. They are only 1 and 2. You know how little ones can be with dogs. Standard Poodles have an excellent reputation with children.

I agree with sharky regarding having two dogs. I have two Scottish Terriers. My vet told me it is easier having two then one. They are best friends. Winnie is three and Maggie 7 months. my dogs. Now, Scotties are not known to be good with children. Mine are great with them. It all is in the bloodline and training.

Make sure if you decide to get a Poodle go to a reputable breeder. Never buy a dog from a pet store. That is a whole story in itself. Bad Grin

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2005 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 4:59 am      Reply with quote
No offense intended to any plain poodle owners, but I’d never heard of a golden doodle until I saw your post and did an internet search – man, they’re cute!! Personally, I prefer big dogs, though. My fave are German Shepherds, then Golden Retrievers and Alaskan Huskies....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 6:11 am      Reply with quote
My daughter has asthma. That is one reason we've stayed with poodles instead of a mix. We've had no allergy problem at all with our dogs.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2005 6:24 am      Reply with quote
tipu wrote:
thank you all for the messages! i would love to adopt a puppy but i am extremely allergic to dogs. these two breeds are the only ones known to me as being hypoallergenic. i know poodles are extremely smart, good enough for french police - good enough for me!

Some other hypoallergenic dogs include Chihuahuas, Portuguese Water Dogs, Irish Terriers, Bichon Frises, Chinese Crested, Schnauzers, Bedlington Terriers, West Highland White Terriers, Kerry Blue Terriers, & Coton du Tulears...There are probably more. As well, all poodles (all sizes), and some breeds of hairs dogs. Please remember that hpyoallergenic means that there is less chance for allergic reation, not no reaction. It is still important to spend some time in the breeders house to make sure you are not going to react.

Sat May 07, 2005 1:14 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
My daughter has asthma. That is one reason we've stayed with poodles instead of a mix. We've had no allergy problem at all with our dogs.

The one thing about Poodles is that THEY can actually have fairly serious allergy problems. I've got a Poodle and he's allergic to dust, grass, pollen, mites, EVERYTHING. Then you watch the vet bills and the effort in taking care of one really go up. The bad thing though is that when you have a Poodle that is allergic to something, if that affects their skin and makes it flake then you may find that they're no longer hypoallergenic dogs. My mum was fine until my dog developed allergies and that promptly started my mum's sinus problems.

We love our dog to bits though (even though he's a super jealous attention seeker who is terrible with other dogs and children) Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2005 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I've had 5 poodles my good friends have 2 standards none of these dogs had allergies. A reliable breeder should tell you about the any problems with the line. Some allergies come from fleas and can be avoided using products from your vet. Food allergies can be minimized by feeding a high quality dry dog food and only meat scraps as a side treat. Fermented foods such as cheeses or nightshade family foods such as tomatos can trigger a food allergy. Also never feed anything that could be contaminated with pollen such as honey.
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2005 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Miniature schnauzers are hypoallergenic as well, they are in the top 5 smartest dog list. They are not lapdog/topdog though, very active and love kids. We have a 11-week old puppy, maybe I can try to send you some cute pics of him.

K.
tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2005 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Kk1668,
looking forward to receive your pics!!!!
Mabsy

Sun May 08, 2005 1:29 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I've had 5 poodles my good friends have 2 standards none of these dogs had allergies. A reliable breeder should tell you about the any problems with the line. Some allergies come from fleas and can be avoided using products from your vet. Food allergies can be minimized by feeding a high quality dry dog food and only meat scraps as a side treat. Fermented foods such as cheeses or nightshade family foods such as tomatos can trigger a food allergy. Also never feed anything that could be contaminated with pollen such as honey.

I think we did get unlucky in terms of the allergies but the vet said that poodles are very prone to them in the first place, which is why I made that comment initially.

I've got a purebred with papers and the parents were fine. We've tried diet elimination (that was really painful because I've got a fussy dog! Smile), the dog doesn't have fleas (although blood works show that he's super allergic to them), we've even paid $$$ for desensitization therapy - that meant I had to inject him daily and after all that it still didn't work. We've now given up on curing it and concentrate on managing it through meds and shampoos to make him more comfortable and ensure that he doesn't chew his feet to the bone. I'm sure this is an extreme case but the vet wasn't really too surprised about it. The lady down the street has a miniature white poodle that also has allergies but nowhere near as severe as my dog's. Perhaps poodles don't like the Australian climate Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2005 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy: Sorry about your experience the things I mentioned only really work before the dog becomes sensitized (preventatives). Poodles do tend to be allergic to fleas or what fleas produce. There are good products now that you can use once a month that keep fleas off the dog.

As to climate I have a friend in Venice Fl and she says it's impossible to get rid of bugs damp etc there so it is hard on dogs.
BabyBlues
5% products discount

Mon May 09, 2005 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies. I have two standard poodles. I love them dearly. They will be a year old next month. They are lovely animals. I never knew they were such water lovers! We can't keep them out of the pool. We have to make sure and dry all the water out of their ears. They don't have any allergies of yet. They were so easy to house break. They do not shed hair.

We give them a pill each month and don't have any problems with fleas.

These are such loving and beautiful dogs! I love them.
Mabsy

Tue May 10, 2005 4:45 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
Mabsy: Sorry about your experience the things I mentioned only really work before the dog becomes sensitized (preventatives).

Wish I knew that before my dog got hooked on cheese then! Laughing He can't have it anymore but when he was a puppy he used to camp out next to the fridge just on the off chance that someone would take pity on him and give him some cheese. Looking back at your posts I kinda regret the whole cheese thing now.... Smile

BabyBlues - I think my poodle is about to start sounding like the anti-poodle. He *hates* water. I think in this context 'hate' is not strong enough. Oh well, he's weird but we love him dearly

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 5:43 am      Reply with quote
BabyBlues wrote:
Hi ladies. I have two standard poodles. I love them dearly. They will be a year old next month. They are lovely animals. I never knew they were such water lovers! We can't keep them out of the pool. We have to make sure and dry all the water out of their ears. They don't have any allergies of yet. They were so easy to house break. They do not shed hair.

We give them a pill each month and don't have any problems with fleas.

These are such loving and beautiful dogs! I love them.

I could be totally wrong here, but I had heard that poodles were the only breed that can follow a scent through water and that is also how the interesting haircuts came about ... so they didn't get water logged feet and legs and tails as they went through the water.

I would love a standard poodle, because the ones I've met have been characterful and gorgeous and also because they don't shed fur. I love charlie (3/4 greyhound, 1/4 collie, 100% stupid), but his fur is everywhere! he sheds constantly. It is seriously more annoying than the WMD farts he does Laughing

5% products discount

Tue May 10, 2005 6:20 am      Reply with quote
ROFLMAO! Laughing You are so correct about the WDM Farts! We also have a mini Schnauzer that will run us out of the house!

My poodles are so loving and will follow you from room to room wanting to know what you are doing. Frampton is beautiful and he knows it! Gilmour is Mr. Lovey Pants!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |