Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
N.V.Perricone anyone used......
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 08, 2005 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Just got a sample of Alpha Lipoic Acid Face Firming Activator. Was just wondering if anyone has used this, what skin type you are and have you seen any noticable results.
I tried a liitle today under my Day Oil and am pleased that it has not given me an oil breakout.
Am expecting it to be miracle cream looking at the price of it Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 08, 2005 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
give it time-its will burn the you know what out of our skin-I tried the line even the olive oil and my skin that is the smae as yours could not handle it. Until then I never saw ay results
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 08, 2005 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Rosebud - be warned a lot of people think the Perricone products are a real waste of money (including me). It is a big investment and there are plenty of equally good if not better products out there - try and find the 'What are your no no's" thread - you'll see what I mean.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 08, 2005 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think I would ever pay that much for a beauty product, no matter how well it worked Laughing I just wondered if anyone had used it.
Have you seen the ingredients in this stuff!!!! I could clean my bathroom with it Laughing
Cheers you two for the feedback, will go and check out that thread

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 08, 2005 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
back at you. Good advice its on the no no list alot-I gave the whole line back and never tried it again-even the eye cream stung-I do have sensitive skin and I know some people think DDF is harsh but not it you use the correct stuff-It has helped my skin also also Skincuticles B5 gel helps also.
DollyPotter
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2005 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I tried it out of curiosity. It was pretty aweful. Not only did I not see any improvements, but my face actually looked worse than it had in years.
Sadie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2005 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I agree. I think these are just aweful products and it amazes me the press that they get.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I've never tried these products I have read the book and some of the advertising. I really do not like the fact that he claims much of this can not be made on your own and implies other products containing similar ingredients are not as good. Snake oil salesman. I think we should buy from companys that do not spam or hype. There are some of these believe it or not.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2005 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
The only thing I can vouch for is Perricone's eye cream. After years of spending money on eye products that didn't work I tried the eye duo as a last resort. I use another brand of C serum around my eyes now instead of Perricones, but I have stuck with the eye cream and am not even tempted to any other. It has really worked on my circles and bags and has also firmed up the area quite a bit. I can slather it on night or day without the fear of puffiness too. The eye cream is $45 so it isn't any more than other eye products. I have not tried any of the other Perricone products (which I admit looks way overpriced) and really don't plan to as I am satisfied with the products I am currently using for the rest of my face.

After reading the reviews here and on MUA, the Perricone products aren't for everyone and I let those reviews keep me from trying the eye cream for over 2 yrs. I could kick myself now because of the difference it's made on my eye area. It is a well known brand and seems to continue to be, so someone besides me has to find some or all of the products useful. Just my two cents worth and hope it helps!

-Cheri
tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2005 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
hi Cheri,

did you use Eye Area Therapy System
Special Item! $45.00 ea. ????? or

CC104 Alpha Lipoic Acid Eye Area Therapy
$45.00 ea.

CC224 Vitamin C Ester Eye Area Therapy
$45.00 ea.

thats all i found on his site
-- thanks, tipu
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2005 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
tipu wrote:
hi Cheri,

did you use Eye Area Therapy System
Special Item! $45.00 ea. ????? or

CC104 Alpha Lipoic Acid Eye Area Therapy
$45.00 ea.

CC224 Vitamin C Ester Eye Area Therapy
$45.00 ea.

thats all i found on his site
-- thanks, tipu

Hi, the one I swear by is Perricone Alpha Lipoic Acid Eye Area Therapy. I did use the Vit C Ester Eye therapy too underneath, but substituted SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic when it became available. Try to get a sample of the Perricone products first. What works for one doesn't always work for others. I guess that's a good thing or we'd be fighting over the same products. Smile I could tell a difference within a few short days. The special which is $45 has half size bottles of both products so it's a good way to try it too. The Vit C Ester will last you way longer than the Lipoic Eye Cream. Mine did anyway.

-Cheri
Pinup Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2005 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I agree, with Phredd...his eye products are one of the few that actually show results and should be used together. The firming activator does burn quite a bit and the cleanser and toner are nice, but not necessarily worth the $$$ and there are better ones out there! Let us know what you think if you give any of his products a try.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 1:36 am      Reply with quote
I must be the only one that liked this stuff Cool my skin did look plumper...I used to save it for special occasions as I was running out, although now I would not pay the prices they charge in the UK. However I now have the Janson Beckett line to play with Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I have tried the product they are pretty good. but the thing i really love about perricone is the diet. the 28 day program is amazing. i've been on it for about 3 weeks omg. my skin is glowing.. it just looks amazing less red. smaller pores. NO BREAKOUTS!!!!!!!! i feel great also. and my mom is on it as well. she's lost 10 pounds so far. and her skin looks better then ever!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I'm on my third day of using the sample so far (think I've got about a weeks worth here) and I actually quite like it, I can't say I've noticed an imediate result yet, but for me to use a moisturiser Rolling Eyes Very Happy As you all know I love my Day Oil but I am rather impressed with this.
Am going to check out that diet, I don't need to lose weight (I'm one of those annoying people who either need to put weight on or maintain it Wink )
But I am always sold by the mere mention of radient skin Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Cheri--

you wrote that you swear by Perricone Alpha Lipoic Acid Eye Area Therapy and you mentioned its a duo. all find is: (Alpha Lipoic Acid Eye Area Therapy $45.00 ea.) on his site and it shows only one bottle. was it some special with Vitamin C Ester Eye Area Therapy
both for 45$????

do someone know where to get a sample. i mailed perricone web site, no reply.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 11:40 am      Reply with quote
tipu wrote:
Cheri--

you wrote that you swear by Perricone Alpha Lipoic Acid Eye Area Therapy and you mentioned its a duo. all find is: (Alpha Lipoic Acid Eye Area Therapy $45.00 ea.) on his site and it shows only one bottle. was it some special with Vitamin C Ester Eye Area Therapy
both for 45$????

do someone know where to get a sample. i mailed perricone web site, no reply.

You can buy the two eye products you mentioned seperately or together. I saw the special small sized duo for around $45 on sephora.com. I think the Perricone website has the same set though.

-Cheri

edited to add: I just checked and the perricone website still has the special duo for $45. Just go to nvperriconemd.com and click on the link for Eye Care. It's called the "Eye Area Therapy System."
tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
about the diet, do you guys stick to it or substitute? i noticed perricone advices to eat tons of salmon.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2005 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this sample for a week now and I love the stuff, my skin looks really plump and healthy, I've not had any reactions to it, but then I've never suffered from sensitive skin.
I am pleasently suprised that I liked this after evryone slated it Very Happy

Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |