Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

PSF Skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:27 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
mario badescue (sp) samples come in asthetically pleasing yet practical containers. If the cost is an issue, why not make a small charge to cover the cost of containers and postage? I'm always happy to pay for samples if they are useable amounts and not in those stupid sachets (every time I open one, it squirts everywhere Mad )

Good point GG! The MB samples I got had nice sample containers. Particularly the toners and cleansers but I wasn't sure if those were Sephora bottles or MB bottles (Thoughtcrime got them for me).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy -

Darren sent me a sample of the Pumpkin Mask which smells YUMMY!!!! I am going to give it a go this a.m. Feel like pampering myself a tad for the holiday weekend!

I'm with you on the Green Tea cleanser, which I've recently raved about somewhere on here. I love it, and since my skin tends to be normal to a little dry, I think it worked better than the Papaya cleanser, although that was really nice too.

I don't think I've been happy with this many products from one particular line in quite some time - not since I discovered Skinceuticals a couple years back.

I'll let you know how the Pumpkin Mask goes.

Maria Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Shock Pumpkin Mask. Why did I have to read this thread. Love anything Pumpkin. The price is within budget too. Nice site Darren. Smile Will have to wait until after the 14th. Nothing else on my CC this month. Laughing
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice on the MB sample packaging. I don't know what they look like, so I guess I'll have to order some! Laughing
Mabsy, sorry about the shipping cost to AU. But that's really what it costs for Global Priority. We aren't even charging a handling fee percentage. Maybe you can convince EDS to carry our line & then you can get cheaper shipping! Very Happy
Wink

Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
You're not helping Maria! Laughing I will have to wait and order more at the same time I think. I just can't justify buying more things now - mind you that might change next week Rolling Eyes

Darren - fully understand. I wasn't complaining about your shipping costs, just about how far away Australia is from everything so we have to pay those shipping costs Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks pbsadhaka for the thread; I checked it out and found the pumpkin mask Very interesting also.
HAS anyone tried it yet? Please post your opinion.
My friend wanted me to try a pumpkin mask from Bath and Body that I never got around to; anyone try that?
I'm such a junkie for new products!
Vanessa Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi!
Just wanted to add my tuppence worth - I too found the same issues with the sample packaging - I just thought it was because maybe they'd shipped a long way perhaps - but I lost a fair bit of the products out of the hinge too though they do look cool!
I have just spotted the pumpkin mask - off to have a look now!!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:12 am      Reply with quote
I ordered the pumpkin mask!! Very Happy So excited! Kind of problematic with paypal though, and could not ship to a different country than my billing address. I know you tried to tell me how, Darren, but it simply would not work for me. Anyway, I sent it to Canada (I will be there in August anyway) so I just have to wait until I get there to get it!! Unless I can convince my Mom to mail it to me sooner...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Faith,
Sorry I just saw your post...and I'm sorry that you're still having problems with your PayPal account. Please email me with your shipping address & we will ship it right to you. PayPal only does our billing, but we can ship to any address that we want. Please email it to us at: support@psfskincare.com

Just please make sure to notate your order number in case I personally do not handle your email.
Thanks,
Darren
Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Did the Pumpkin Masque Saturday!!!

Very nice, smooth glowing skin when done!!!

I'm not a big mask-er, but I would consider getting a full size of this. Right now, pocketbook says no...but maybe down the road...

Again, I have been very happy with all PSF skincare!!! Laughing

Maria

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:46 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy I too have combination skin, although sometimes it can be a little tight and was wondering about trying these cleansers. Did you prefer the green tea one to the papaya? Also the serums have not purchased the is clinical range yet but wondered how you thought these compared as I know you cannot resist the promises of what these products all offer Wink
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Have just been looking at the PSF site and wondered if anyone had tried the Emergen C repair serum? My list gets longer Laughing
Mabsy

Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:28 am      Reply with quote
monalisasmiler wrote:
Mabsy I too have combination skin, although sometimes it can be a little tight and was wondering about trying these cleansers. Did you prefer the green tea one to the papaya? Also the serums have not purchased the is clinical range yet but wondered how you thought these compared as I know you cannot resist the promises of what these products all offer Wink

I ended up buying the Green Tea one actually. I liked both and neither felt drying but the Green Tea one did something extra for my skin. Not too sure what it was but that's the one I went for in the end Smile I also caved and bought the Pumkin mask Embarassed They both came today. Haven't tried the mask yet but it looks very similar to the Sircuitskin one (which is much more $$$). Smells nice, I'm hoping it can replace my $$$ Eminence Organics Pumpkin & Orange mask.

I haven't used the PSF vit C serum yet. I have a sample and I like the texture but I'm sticking with my JB C&C for now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:13 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the Emergin-C serum for a while now and it's my favorite so far (I've tried Vivier, Cellex, Skinceuticals). Nice texture - hydrating (its in a B5 base) without feeling oily and results are so far pretty good.
Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Lucia and Mabsy think I may order the green tea cleanser. Which serum is the question, have not had a serum before but been reading such good things about them on this forum and am keen to try. Have just received Alpha Derma samples so had better get saving Laughing
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Well, I have used my pumpkin peel just once so far, and I really like it! It looks and smells great and the results are immediate. When I washed it off, I had that just *peeled* looked, which I expected. I also used to get it with the MD Alpha Beta Peels. The thing is though, even though I did it 3 days ago, my skin still has that glow about it!! That really amazes me!! Very Happy Honestly though, I did leave it on for about 15 mins...I know it says 5 at the most, but I always think directions are extra cautious. I should point out though, that I have been using AHAs for quite a while, so this wasn't on virgin skin. Sensitive skin...maybe best to follow the directions. Wink Anyway, this is definitley recommmended. It is super concentrated too so I think it will last for ages!

Darren, just wondering about how long this will stay good for after opening? Should I put it in the fridge? Thanks Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:46 am      Reply with quote
faith,
Glad you liked the peel. It is one of my favorites too! Very Happy It has a shelf life of 2 years at room temperature, although I doubt that putting it in the refrigerator would hurt. But I don't know b/c I've never done that. Maybe take a little & put it in a sample container & put that in the refrigerator just to make sure that it doesn't seperate or anything. Sometimes natural products can be a bit finniky with tempertaure changes, so you might want to test it out on a small amount first. Let us know what you find out! Wink
Also, I leave my peel on for 10 minutes every now & then (maybe once a month or so)for a deeper peel. But we recommend starting with only 5 minutes, especially for sensitive skin types. We were being cautious in the directions! You were right! Laughing
Thanks,
Darren

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I've just recently started to use PSF skincare after Darren kindly sent me some samples out.

I was amazed at the results with the Super Hydrating eyecream. The sample lasted me absolutely ages!! I also noticed a difference in the appearance of my lines as they looked smoother.

I also loved the Perfecting Day lotion, again a little seemed to go a long way and it made my skin feel really hydrated and smooth.

I was so impressed that I ordered full size of both! Whilst I was there I decided to also treat myself to the pumpkin peel!!

I have only used it once and it did sting slightly round my nose and lip - but that's only because my nose was still a little sore from a previous cold and my lips are hyper sensitive! (The product does warn not to put on to any sensitive areas or open cuts.) It did give me a lovely glow afterwards and my skin felt so soft, particularly the next day! I think I will try leaving it on for a little longer than 5mins the next time.

Have also tried the R&R Toning Mist, it has a lovely cucumber smell as already posted earlier, which I like. It's really refreshing and cooling too!

All in all I love PSF Very Happy Very Happy

Can't wait for the BrowTox Wrinkle Relaxer....!

T x
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:24 am      Reply with quote
The pumpkin mask is really good. My skin looked all fresh and pink after having a go with this, and I left on for 15 mins Embarassed without any problem, I was busy with the kids Embarassed , but managed not to frighten them.

Agree with you about the packaging Mabsy, a little fiddly, I used the 02 serum today and didn't realise the consistency was so thin, managed to nearly drop the lot Neutral I think with the samples it would also be useful to send the literature on what each product does, as I found I had to go back to their website to see which to apply in which order Embarassed

Will keep you updated when have used a little more Very Happy
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I am wayyyyyyyy behind here and completely missed all the threads on darren's skincare line. I am totally addicted to this site but honestly don't have the time to read most of the posts. I end up just picking ones that jump out at me lol.

I just finished checking out the website and the products look nice as well as reasonable priced. Different members mentioned trying samples but I don't see them mentioned on the site, am I missing something?

Sherri
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:20 am      Reply with quote
oh crap sorry I see it now, not enough coffee yet Confused
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:37 am      Reply with quote
I ordered the sample pack and a full size pumpkin peel. It got great reviews and for the price I figured may as well go for it.

My CC Company thanks you all lol.
Sadie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased the O2 rescue serum. I'll let you know how it goes in the next few weeks. I will concure with the others on the sample packaging. (the quantity of samples with my purchase was very generous) The little plastic clamshell containers really lend themselves to waste. Also, the sample serum vials are really just too small to be able to make up your mind about the product. I would love to see serum samples the size of cellex C or skinceuticals.
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:53 am      Reply with quote
I agree it is difficult to give an opinion on these serums with the size of the samples. I have noticed my skin is more even toned and plumper, but not sure if this is due to these samples or my DMAE or alpha Derma, the J&B alpha derma is excellent I can say and did notice difference straight away. I looove the psf pumpkin mask though and will order this defo Laughing Look forward to hearing your reviews.
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Shoot...you're all so convincing I had to order up that pumpkin mask and sample-kit Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |