Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
PSF Skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Its a great peel!! You wont regret it. And it is so affordable!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Is it normal to want to eat your skincare??? I almost got some of this in my mouth - by accident, subconsciously.... Rolling Eyes . This stuff does look, feel and smell like pumpkin everything..and even has small nut-like things in it to encourage you!!! Will have to have a word with these people.

As for it's effectiveness, it is an extremely reasonably priced product with very good effects that easily stands up to more expensive conconctions (that you dont want to eat) Laughing . Very happy.... Very Happy

oh...and will let you all know how other prods going...
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I rec'd my sample pack and full sized pumpkin peel and have to say so far I love all of the products. It is too early to tell yet if I will be purchasing full sizes of anything other than the pumpkin peel which I already have.

Great Job Darren, awesome products so far.
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I am going to second sheriin's comments. I too received a sample pack of the psf skincare line. I have only used the pumpkin peel once, but i was very happy with it. I have been using the green tea cleanser every day - morning and night and the emerginc vit c morning and night (hope thats o.k), and I tonight looked in the mirror after a very long week and a long evening out shopping (not by choice - wasn't for me), and even had a bit of a cry this afternoon as I had a splitting headache - and my skin was FANTASTIC!!! My eyes were clear, my skin is smooth and my pores are...well, they are pretty much a goners! Shock (I haven't even used my retinol stuff all week!!!)

Anyway, perhaps it is becasue I have been using a good skincare routine for the last month, perhaps it is just because this stuff is wonderful. I have already repurchased the emerginc and the green tea cleanser. Thought about the pumpkin mask, but i felt I would only be doubling up with my other AHA peel for now - i'll buy it later.(and p.s. it is NOT expensive...I would have said cheap, but it ISN"T CHEAP IT'S A BARGAIN!!!)

I am so very, very happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (the cynic in me is saying "I only hope it lasts")

(oh the valmont renewing pack is also a god send for that extra oomph..have been feeling guilty about spending that much on one tub of cream, but I just have to have it visa, what's a girl to do?)
Mabsy

Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:09 am      Reply with quote
I really like the Pumpkin Mask as well, in fact I'm about to go do one after I log off. It's going to be mini-facial night Very Happy I also have a full size of their green tea cleanser sitting in my shower and a full size of their face spritz (though I don't care for the cucumber smell). I had issues with the C serum being of different texture between the samples I tried so I don't think I'll be buying that. Some had the perfect texture (similar to Vivier) and some felt too oily (similar to the CSRx).

Melissa - you should only need to use the C serum once a day. And, good to hear you like the Renewing Pack!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:24 am      Reply with quote
I will be trying an eye serum and the oxygen rescue serum treatment soon. I did not think about the pumpkin mask. Does it stay softish on your face or does it dry into a sheet that you peel from your face?
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Stays kind of wet on your face; it isn't a peel off mask. I imagine if you left it in a really long time it would dry, but, you would peel like crazy after. I don't know how strong the glycolic acid is in it, but I do get some peeling if I leave it on 10-15 mins.

ETA: I have the oxygen serum too. It is one of those things that I don't know exactly what it is doing, but I am sure it is doing something and want to keep using it. Kind of like the Dr H rythmic nights...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,
Glad you are liking the Pumpkin Peel - I've been doing it every 2 days to get rid of these freckles on my nose from all that sun up in BC! Laughing But in response to your issues with the Vitamin C Serum - you are right! There was a change of texture! We had several comments from customers saying that although they liked the effectiveness of the serum, they didn't like the "tackiness" they experienced from the glycerin. So we did a survey & found out that was an issue.
We did some data-based decision making & decided to tweak the formula. All of the ingredients are the same, but we decreased the amount of glycerin & increased the amount of Hyaluronic Acid to give it a smoother feel.
It was a little more expensive for us to do this, since HA costs much more than glycerin, but according to the data, it seems that's what people wanted.
Long story short - so that's why your 2 different samples were of a different texture. But just out of curiosity, which did you prefer? The first sample or the second?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
For me, PSF skincare has been the only thing I've used for the past month or so. Which is so odd for me b/c I usually can't control myself and order anything and everything! But I've been behaving myself, b/c PSF is really doing the job for me!

My skin is clear, glowing, pores reduced - I'm so pleased with the results. I use the green tea cleanser every day, and I do love the toner (I'm a cucumber lover! Laughing )

Darren, whatever version of the Emergen-C I have goes on great - not tacky at all, really smooth. I've not tried the ones Mabsy refers to, but I know I like it a lot better than the Skinceuticals C as far as how it feels going on.

I also finally tried the Perfecting Lotion....I've had the samples sitting in my drawer for months. Ummmm.... I am ordering a full size of that too! It's simply wonderful. No fragrance, sinks into your skin, no greasy feel, yet moisturizes my dry skin. My mineral makeup goes on smooth as pie after it.

I also love the eye cream (use it every day) - when I combine it with the Burts Bees Attar of Rose repair serum, it's like my crows feet fade away - my eyes feel and look more "alive" now....

Just a great line of products.

Maria Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Maria...glad you are liking the products. But tell me about that Burt's Bees Attar of Rose serum. I've never heard of that! And I totally LOVE anything rose! What does it do for your skin? I've used a lot of BB products, but I must have missed this one!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Darren - Here's the skinny on the Repair Serum. I really love this stuff! The packaging kind of stinks, (glass bottle thingy) but the product is great. Use it around my eyes, lips, etc....good stuff!

Maria Laughing

BURT'S BEE'S REPAIR SERUM with ATTAR OF ROSE

WHY IT WORKS: This elixir of 11 precious botanical ingredients helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while supporting the renewal and repair of the most delicate skin. The concentrated antioxidant bioflavonoids, present in green tea extract, help fight free radical formation caused by light exposure and environmental pollution. Borage and evening primrose oils, rich in Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA), add natural essential fatty acids to our serum formula, necessary for promoting healthy, elastic skin. This serum even helps bruises in healing faster. The list of things it can't do is shorter. 1 fl oz.

HOW IT WORKS: Using the pad of your finger, apply in droplets around the eyes, lips and on any skin wrinkles and gently massage.

Ingredients:
Rosehip seed oil, jojoba oil, lavender oil, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), evening primrose oil, borage seed oil, wheat germ oil, hazelnut oil, neroli oil, rose oil, calendula extract, green tea extract, beta carotene, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate (vitamin C), retinyl palmitate (vitamin A).

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Oooh! That sounds great! Is it a lotion or an oil? All of the ingredients look like they're oil soluble except for the green tea extract. Is it clear or milky? I'll have to look for it at the food co-op. The ingredients sound great. Might be a little too oily for me in the summer, but I'll definitely give it a go in the fall/winter! Thanks Maria! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thought I'd add a few things:

My Emergen-c (sorry, I got confused between some of my other products) is not oily at all, it sinks in really easily and is not sticky. I think the texture is perfect as i can put my other prods over the top straight away.

The pumpkin mask I left on for a GOOD 15 mins - which of course is not recommended, but I was already using a glycolic peel, and the pumpkin didnt feel as strong to me...but I certainly didnt get any peeling, and it wasn't at all uncomfortable. I just rinsed it off and wahlah.

Also, I'm with mabsy on the toner - hate the smell. I am not comfortable with the o2 serum either - smells like chlorine and in fact feels like water. The perfecting lotion i am not sure about either (I didn't really use it intially, so I know that it wasnt contributing to my original results, i think my other moisturiser is better).

The eye gel might be a repurchase - does work nicely for the day, smooths out under my eyes and brightens them too i think, i Have been putting a more moisturising cream over it as well (either my cellcosmet sample, my korres eyebright so far) as the gel leaves the area quite dryish.

Still happy!!! Very Happy
Mabsy

Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:36 am      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
Mabsy,
But in response to your issues with the Vitamin C Serum - you are right! There was a change of texture! But just out of curiosity, which did you prefer? The first sample or the second?

Ah! Now that explains it! Thanks, Darren. I actually had two samples of this and I used them one after another so I had no idea which order they came in. I used the lighter textured one first (liked it) and then started on the thicker one and really didn't like that. Good to hear it's all lighter now Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Darren -

It's def. a clear liquid - not milky at all. A little oily to the touch, but it goes away immediately upon application.

I love finding relatively inexpensive products that live up to their claims. As far as Burt's Bees goes, my faves are the Attar of Rose and their Carrot Seed Mist. Love 'em both.

Oh, Darren, while I have you....do I have to tissue off the toner? I never do. I just spray it on and let it sink in.

Maria

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
You got me hooked - now I have to go & try that attar of rose serum! It does sound really nice. As for the toner, you need not tissue it off. I leave mine on too. I just spray it on & gently pat it into my skin. But then again I use it more as a hydrating mist. But if you were using it to remove residual makeup, or to freshen up if your skin is oily, then I would recommend wiping it off to remove the dirt & grease with it. But it's really up to you, there's no right or wronf way to use it. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I want so bad to order the sample pack and mask, it sounds heavenly! But the shipping is so high! It would be worth it if I ordered a lot of products but then duty and taxes would be really high. I will email and ask if they will send it to a US address. I have a friend in PA which I send all my J Crew orders to and she ships me a nice 'gift' at about a 1/4 the cost of J Crew's shipping. Some companies won't allow shipping to an address other than the one on your cc though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I just read the sample pack is $5 shipping internationally! Off to order...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the O2 serum for a bit. I too am having that 'something good is happening, but I can't put my finger on it' effect. I'll let you know how I get along.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Lolli wrote:
I want so bad to order the sample pack and mask, it sounds heavenly! But the shipping is so high! It would be worth it if I ordered a lot of products but then duty and taxes would be really high. I will email and ask if they will send it to a US address. I have a friend in PA which I send all my J Crew orders to and she ships me a nice 'gift' at about a 1/4 the cost of J Crew's shipping. Some companies won't allow shipping to an address other than the one on your cc though.

Lolli,
You can just email them after you send the money through PayPal (in the future if you make a large order). My PayPal address is for Canada, but I just emailed after, and asked them to send it to Japan, and there was no problem with it! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Faith! Smile That's great! I ordered one each of the sample packs today, they have great customer service! I can't wait to try the cleansers, pumpkin mask and 02 especially.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the cleansers yet, but the Green tea one is on my list. The pumpkin mask is the best!!!! I like the O2 as well!! I feel like its working by helping my other things work better, but on its own, I don't know what it does.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone know if you can just order individual sample vs the sample pack? All I want to try is the cleanser...

TIA!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered a couple of the sample packs for normal to dry skin. I'm going to give one to a friend for her birthday.....along with some custom made DIY vitamin c serum!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:40 am      Reply with quote
How is it that I have totally managed to overlook PSF?????? Shock I just went to the website and I want to try everything!!! It's also so reasonably priced too, I'm very impressed so far. I'm planning on ordering the Green Tea Cleanser, the toner/spritz and maybe the pumpkin mask too. If I like them I might have to stock up while I'm in the US and postage is cheaper Very Happy

Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |