Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pure Luxe Cosmetics - Mineral Make-Up
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
nicky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 1:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I just thought i would share my experience this morning of my new mineral powder which i received from Pure Luxe Cosmetics. I only ordered the the sample jar in buff and the cream foundation in buff. Well i never would have thought a powder could give such good coverage, i am well impressed, although it has only been on about an hour so i shall see how it lasts, but the powder covered a spot i had squeezed last night that was still red! I have read somewhere on the forum that the mineral makeup provides a certain degree of SPF can anyone clarify this, thanks. Havent tried the cream mineral foundation yet though as it is a bit too pale as i have fake tan on my face so maybe by the end of the week when the tan has worn off.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Nicky -

Glad you're liking the Pure Luxe. Many people do.

Yes, mineral makeup contains Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide for SPF. No one really knows exactly how much, but I'd say at least 15-20% protection.

Maria

Tue May 10, 2005 11:22 am      Reply with quote
hello there~:P wow i'm so glad to know about this brand! which i never heard before~!

i went to their website and saw this product --- "Line Eraser"~ has anybody tried that?! :P

how's their powder foundation compare w the Bare Minerals one?! i tried BE but it just enhance my xtra large pores..^^"

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Jess: I love the PL Line Eraser. After applying Jane Iredale pressed powder I apply a smidge of the Pure Luxe Line Eraser under my eyes. At my age, 49 for 19 more days, I can't use any powdered foundation under my eyes as it enhances the wrinkles and crepiness. But the Line Eraser not only covers well, but reduces the appearance of fine lines. I also use it around my mouth where small lines are also appearing Sad
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Gosh I'm glad you all like the PL line! Having read about it in another thread I ordered a bunch of sample eyeshadows, blush and Line Eraser. Can't wait to give them a try Very Happy

Anya
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2005 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Penelope wrote:
Jess: I love the PL Line Eraser. After applying Jane Iredale pressed powder I apply a smidge of the Pure Luxe Line Eraser under my eyes. At my age, 49 for 19 more days, I can't use any powdered foundation under my eyes as it enhances the wrinkles and crepiness. But the Line Eraser not only covers well, but reduces the appearance of fine lines. I also use it around my mouth where small lines are also appearing Sad

I just received the Pure Luxe Line Eraser and was pleasantly surprised. This product does what it say. Where my eyes are my problem area I use a little under my eyes and on my chin (larger pores). Line Eraser does just what it says on the Pure Luxe website. It softens the whole area like a glamour shot. This product will come in very handy. I use mine without makeup or over a light liquid foundation. Certainly you can use it over mineral makeup. Pure Luxe Line Eraser gets an A from me. Line Eraser has it all over Dr. Feel Goods (Benefits). This product will really soften frown lines. The owner of Pure Luxe sells on Ebay also. I saved $2.00 by purchasing from her Ebay site. From Pure Luxe website you can purchase samples. Samples are the way to go. I did get the full size. Shock Fortunately, I lucked out. Dancing

BTW thanks so much Maria.

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Heléne
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies!
Now you´ve all made me curious! Smile Could anyone please tell me the web address to this Pure Luxe company? How is the coverage compared to BE and JI? And also; Winnie, you mentioned they sell on Ebay, do you know the name on the Ebay shop? TIA Wink

Tue May 17, 2005 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Heléne~

the web is same as its name:www.pureluxecosmetics.com

i've just order some samples~:P so excited! u can try try as well~ they ship to worldwide~ Razz

I've tried BE, the coverage is good i'm satisfied, but it makes my face too shiny and enlarges my pores..^^ i hv xtra large pores heh2...

i've just got my JI today! cant wait to try heh2~ so i'm sorry that i cant compare~:P

will come to share after i got my PL order! Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jess!

Thank you for the info; I´ll surf right to their website Very Happy
Good luck with your samples, it´s always exciting trying out new products. Wink

Regards/Heléne

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
My PL samples arrived and I've been having alot of fun Very Happy

Line Eraser - softens lines around my mouth amazingly well;

Eyeshadows - At first I thought they were a bit too glittery for my liking, but you really have to buff, buff, buff to 'soften' the glitter. I wore them to work today and got lots of compliments - bonus Very Happy

Concealer "What Red" - I have a broker capillary on my chin and I find I have to apply the concealer before and after applying my BE Mineral Veil, but it does a pretty good job!

I also got the Bananna Split concealer for those blue bits inside the corner of my eyes (she threw in an extra one of these as a freebie).

The samples are more generous than indicated on the website and for a $1/each (Line Eraser was $2.50), its well worth it. Those shadows will last forever!!!

Anya
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Heléne wrote:
Hi Ladies!
Now you´ve all made me curious! Smile Could anyone please tell me the web address to this Pure Luxe company? How is the coverage compared to BE and JI? And also; Winnie, you mentioned they sell on Ebay, do you know the name on the Ebay shop? TIA Wink

Her store on Ebay is Pure Luxe Cosmetics

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Heléne
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Winnie!! I´ll check it out Exclamation

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Question regarding the Line eraser, did you use the cream or the powder? I ordered some samples yesterday, Line eraser cream with What red? powder mixed into it, I will let you all know the results!!
Heléne
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Good luck ayasmom!!
Guess we are all anxious to hear the verdict... Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
ayasmom wrote:
Question regarding the Line eraser, did you use the cream or the powder?

I got the cream Line Eraser Aysasmom, but after you apply it, it turns into a powder - works wonders on fine lines Very Happy

Anya
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Confused hi, i have been using B E for about a month now.it really helps my red cheeks and neck.but i hate the shimmer'y stuff in it.it just finds every crick and crany and stays there. mineral vail or not.
i even use the rever upper .that just makes it stay on longer.. i order the luxe sample from ebay and the eraser from the webstie cuz i wanted a smaller sample to start. i hate shimmers.. it looks good on me but I KNOW that there in the lines.. i can tell and it bothers me. i hope i like this better. also i got the what red. is that seperate from the foundation powder or can it be mixed in with foundation ? or do you put it on before the foundation ? i have had tried every frickin green cream and nothing !!!!!! hate it. thats why i liked the B. E. no mixing or creams.gimmie a holler if you can understand anything i just said. i think im falling alseep here. just cant stop reading lololol. luvz ya .. or should i say luxe ya. lassie1234 Rolling Eyes
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 10:00 am      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
ayasmom wrote:
Question regarding the Line eraser, did you use the cream or the powder?

I got the cream Line Eraser Aysasmom, but after you apply it, it turns into a powder - works wonders on fine lines Very Happy

Anya
'

I LOVE the Line Eraser. Awesome product!!!

lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy welcome to the wonderful world of mineral makeup and foundation... I LOVE MY BE Exclamation my face is red and that is the only thing that will easily take out the red using one powder.. no concelers or anything. BUT ya gotta learn how to use it.. i have been using it for a few months now and im just now getting the hang of it hmm . at first i looked like the walking dead so everyone told me A LITTLE GOES ALONG WAY. Wink and it works.. once you break in your BE brush it goes on much better. Shhh and i will dampin my hands and pat certain places on my face and it looks great. couldnt live without it Drool have a good one Arrow lassie 1234
mozi
5% products discount

Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:07 am      Reply with quote
i LOVE pure luxe Exclamation having tried BE, i found it too waxy, shimmery (must be the bismuth) and made my pores look bigger. the PL samples are very generous. i first wrote here about MMU not looking too well on me, too much enhancement of fine lines and pores. now that i have many PL samples to play with, i find it really covers well and looks great! i use a small brush to apply it to all the trouble areas, as well as a different color for a contour before buffing out with a larger brush. i have learned a lot about applying the correct amount. like lassie said, a little goes a long way! the line eraser is wonderful! it really lessons the look of fine lines and pores! you can use it before or after your MMU as well as touch ups throughout the day. these products give me the closest thing to perfect skin i have ever had. i will never use liquid foundation again! for us oily girls, a bit of PL translucent matte gives that almost perfect finish with no shimmers. i am now a PL MMU junkie! the prices are very reasonable, as well. another plus is the owner, chris, will make you custom blends if you ask. the big test was my daughter's 8th grade graduation where it was about 100 degrees in the auditorium. the PL stayed looking fresh. sweating just seemed to continue to set the foundation (with minor patting) MMU is so versatile! i just absolutely love it and i am glad i did not give up after my BE fiasco! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:33 am      Reply with quote
hi all Very Happy yep..... mozi does look very good in her MMU i am so glad she tried again. she is a pro and now showing me what to do Rolling Eyes lolol. she has a artist talent and is now using it on her face Angel . if you want to know anything about any mineral,brush, ingredints in any creams, oils, ask ms. brains MOZI ! Idea Very Happy she helped me thru my renova ordeal and new everything i needed to do to stop the burning. luvz ya wave have a good one
Arrow lassie 1234
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |