Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ceramic iron?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
myztic
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2005 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
HEy, which ceramic iron do all of you use? and recommend?? I want to buy a ceramic iron but im scared of damaging my hair, and dont wanna spend too much... 100 plus minus
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 12, 2005 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi!
I have had a pair of GHDs for ages which are great but did dry the ends of my hair a bit - I recently upgraded to T3 Tourmaline Irons ( the regular not wet to dry version). The finish is the same but the temperature can be lower for the same effect and I found them much less damaging. Sadly both GHDs and T3s are fairly expensive:O(
If you do a search under 'Flat Iron' there was a thread recently that had a lot of recommendations for irons of all proce ranges and me dithering as to whether to upgrade or not!!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 13, 2005 12:56 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure where you are but I have a babyliss pro ceramic straightener and it is great. Was about 120 AUD. so not too bad, also I think for extra ten dollars it came with ceramic hairdryer. It depends what sort of hair you have too- I have fine, slightly curly hair so it straightens it well. if you hair is thicker or curlier you may need a better one.

maddy
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2005 7:44 am      Reply with quote
i LOVE my Chi! It was definitely worth the money.

Funnily enough, I was amazed when I went back to the UK everyone was raving about GHD's ... they are not available in North American ... or so I believe, as I haven't seen a mention of the brand anywhere.
MaryR
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have an HAI flat iron and it is great!
myztic
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
i don't know why but i found that chi doesnt straighten as much as i would like? i dont have curly hair, nor straight.. just like 2 waves in it.
Also how often do you guys use your hair irons?
is there anything safe to use like 3 times a week? Whats the safest hair iron that damages your hair the least ...
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
T3 is probably the least damaging for your hair. In winter I flat iron it every 2 or 3 days. In summer, I don't bother here as it is just toooooo humid, and nothing can help me...except an elastic.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
for those of you who have tried the t3's.. which one do you guys think is better and less damaging... the wet to dry or the normal one?

Also, is straightening your hair less damaging to your hair than blow drying it?
Thanks for your input!
nicky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 4:40 am      Reply with quote
For those of u in the UK (i didnt check if they ship abroad) but there is a website calledwww.snipz.co.uk and they do the T3 straigtners for £70 (just check and make sure they are the ones u were talking about but i think they are.) They do other straighners also.

Just thought i would add this.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |