Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermalogica Face Brush?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
myztic
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 12, 2005 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hey have any of you tried the Dermalogica Face brush? do you use it to take off masks as well as use it with your cleanser? How do you like it??

Smile
Thanks!
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 12, 2005 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've been wondering about that also, and is it ok to use if you have sensitive skin?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 12, 2005 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have the dermalogica one, but I have one that is similar. I used to use it all the time with cleanser...recently I have been lazy though, and using AHAs, so I feel like I don't need it as much.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 12, 2005 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
well, i just bought one off ebay. 2.50 and then shippin so it came out to like 9.20 . anyways tried it today, wow the bristles are SOOOOOOOOOOOO soft... used it with my cleanser.. makes everything a bit more messy cuz its makes ur face more watery everytime u clear the brush with the water but boy does it feel nice, its like a massage..
can you still exfoliate if you use this product everyday?
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 12, 2005 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
So glad you ended up getting one, Myztic! I've been thinking about getting one too (have been eyeing the Shiseido brush that I've read so much about) but have been hesitant because my skin is so sensitive.

Do you think that it would be okay for sensitive skin?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 12, 2005 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
truthfully i think it'd work for any skin because it is SOOOO very soft... its not tough like i dont know if it would exfoliate your skin much but its very gentle, its like a slight massage... Smile
NOw i just have to find a good price for the daily microfoliant, heard great reviews..

What have you heard about the Shiseido brush?
marmur1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 12, 2005 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
There are a lot of good reviews about the Shiseido brush on the forum (although I'm sure yours works just as well! Razz )

I haven't seen either of them in person, but it sounds like they're both really soft, but I believe that the Shiseido brush has some silicone pieces that massage your face while you're cleansing.

Thanks so much for the review! Glad to hear that it's so soft. I think I'll have to try it with my next order!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2005 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
i love this brush i've been using it for about 7 years now..maybe more. i've tried others but it's not the same.. it's very soft but not to soft to you can get a nice cleaning going... i've gone thro about 5 of them.. i keep dropping them hehe.
myztic
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2005 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
yeah but like how do you use it? do you put the cleanser on your face, rub it around and then use the brush? i know it may be a silly question but im new to all this hehe.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2005 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
myztic wrote:
yeah but like how do you use it? do you put the cleanser on your face, rub it around and then use the brush? i know it may be a silly question but im new to all this hehe.

The way I use my Dermalogica brush is to put a blob of cleanser in my hand then pick some of the cleanser up with the brush and then massage onto my (damp) face. The brush works up a great lather. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
thanks, i been using putting cleanser on my face, rubbing it around and then using the brush to clean better.. but i'll try it your way see which way works better hehe..
Thanks a bunch
SaffronRouge
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have the shiseido brush and I LOVE it. It feels like a little mini facial everytime I wash my face. I have never used it to take off my masks, though, only to cleanse my face.
myztic
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
how much is the shiseido one? do u think its any different from the dermalogica.. dermalogica feels like a slight face massage, nothin major..
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I use a brush that I bought at one Body Shop for about $2.50 Can. and it works well. I wonder if the more expensive ones are really worth it. I have the feeling that sometimes we pay more just for the name and prestigious logo. Confused

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |