Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cellcosmet question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 13, 2005 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the sample pack of the cellcosmet products and I must say (unfortunately b/c of the $$$) that I am really liking them so far.

The only thing I do not like is the scent! I don't know why they add perfume smells to stuff but I guess some people like them.

My question is if anyone has any idea if the men's products are the same minus the smell? If so I'm going that route....
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 13, 2005 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there Lilly

I am a huge fan of Cellcosmet and ashley really like the smell of all the products I have used in the range, which is basically all of them.

Can I just tell you about my little conversation reqarding the Mens range before you continue with your inquiry (which I have personally never smelt). I was talking to one of the lovely Cellcosmet trainers here in Australia the other week and we were discussing the womens line which than lead on the Mens products, (which she mentioned she has used/using some other Mens products with different brands as she prefers the textures ect). She went on the explain one of the major differences with the Cellcosmet range to any other skincare brand is that the products actually contain hormones, (this goes for both the Womens and Mens products), and it would be quite possible for a women to start sprouting facial hair if they were to continue use of any of the Mens skincare line.
This is what I was told and I thought it might be very useful information for you.

BTW I have just gone through some material regarding Cellcosmet products and it states that, one of the their many qualities are that they are a Natural fragrance with essential oils.

Hope I have helped you:)
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2005 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Pal: Wow! Thanks for that info. I certainly don't want hair growing on my face!!! Normally I don't mind essential oil/natural smells but somehow the smell in the Cellcosmet creams seems more perfumey to me. All of the other products are great- it's just the creams.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2005 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Glad I could help Lily:)
Inregards to the smell, I can not really help you there, if you dont like the smell, than you dont like it!, simple! Smile Skincare, I believe has to be result driven, but to acheive those results you do have to use the products, so they must be a pleasure to use. Maybe you might have to look into another brand, I also like some products and get good results from Valmont & Juvena but am unsure as to whether you would like the smell. I am lucky as I personally dont care what it smells like, to a degree.
Anyway good luck in your search and hope you find something you are really happy with Smile
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2005 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
i have been interested in this line myself.. i've never tried anything. but before i did. i would want to read the ingredients to see what makes this product so great and different. anyone know. where i could get a list of ingredients on these products. thanks.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2005 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi skinprofusion, Cellcosmet is unique simply because this is the only skincare that use's stabilised, active bio integral cells. Live cells. Most products in the range include high concentrations of cellualr components ranging from 2.5% in the Juvenil Day cream up to 24% in the Ultra Vital cream, Products are said to reach 30% but am unsure of which in the line these are, though would image a salon only treatment or the ampules. (Considering that most ranges on the market only contain between 0.5% and 1% cellular componets you can see how Cellcosmet is able to acheive fantastic results. I think they still say today that creams containing 3% active properties CAN be considered, effective.) Info in brackets is what I have read, heard about cosmetics in general, not quoting. I am no expert! Smile
Sorry at this time I do not have a list of ingredients.
I hope this has helped in some way Wink
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2005 1:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi lily - I know what you mean about the scent! I have the eye cream (only a sample) but I can't use it because the smell really puts me off. Reminds me of "old granny perfume" Laughing
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2005 6:28 am      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
Hi skinprofusion, Cellcosmet is unique simply because this is the only skincare that use's stabilised, active bio integral cells. Live cells. Most products in the range include high concentrations of cellualr components ranging from 2.5% in the Juvenil Day cream up to 24% in the Ultra Vital cream, Products are said to reach 30% but am unsure of which in the line these are, though would image a salon only treatment or the ampules. (Considering that most ranges on the market only contain between 0.5% and 1% cellular componets you can see how Cellcosmet is able to acheive fantastic results. I think they still say today that creams containing 3% active properties CAN be considered, effective.) Info in brackets is what I have read, heard about cosmetics in general, not quoting. I am no expert! Smile
Sorry at this time I do not have a list of ingredients.
I hope this has helped in some way Wink
very interesting.. thank you and if it's true.. amazing!!!!!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 3:24 am      Reply with quote
rzecka wrote:
Hi lily - I know what you mean about the scent! I have the eye cream (only a sample) but I can't use it because the smell really puts me off. Reminds me of "old granny perfume" Laughing

rofl You cant use it lady cause it doesn't have Dr Hauscha on the label....... Laughing
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Mmmhmmm... Ms. "I'm not gonna buy another eye cream until I finish my £93 pot of Cellcosmet" Think Liar methinks.

ps. yep, you're right - if it ain't Dr H it ain't for me Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I purchased just about all of the products in this line and am thrilled with it. I have only been using it for a few weeks and honestly people stop me and tell me that I look younger and very well-rested. I still haven't decided which cream suits me best, I have tried a few and sometimes I get too oily, but the overall look is really special.

Linda
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I'm having a terrible time with the Cellcosmet Sad . I only bought a sample pack to get my hands on the eye cream and it's the best ever so OK I'm happy to pay a bit extra for the only eye cream I've ever wanted to re-order. Trouble is now I also love smt049 the moisturiser and the gel pre-treatment stuff (actually I didn't realise you had to rinse it off, I used it as a skin prep and it gave my skin a real boost) :
I've just ordered two more sample packs to try out the concentrated day and the ultravital. It's going to be a difficult decision - but their moisturiser an absolute MUST have for me.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 12:07 am      Reply with quote
I was just wondering why the products are age specific? Do you think it is important to follow this?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 1:06 am      Reply with quote
rzecka........rather than pay £93+ for the eye contour cream.........why not buy 4 of the trial sizes for £13.74 each and get a trail size free........so your getting 15 mls of the eye contour cream for only £54.96............ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

just a suggestion ...........

regards Karina
Mabsy

Thu May 26, 2005 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I adore the Cellcosmet range and could not be without the eye cream. The problem with Cellcosmet is that as you try more of their products you tend to find more things you just "need" to have. I started with the eye cream and have also moved on to the cleanser (I'm now eyeing the gel one as well) and have recently found out that I love the exfoliator as well (you guys are such enablers!).

There is a salon in Brisbane though that had a few packs of Cellcosmet when I went there - this is the only place I have seen it in Australia so far. When ladies in the dept store ask me what I use and I mention Cellcosmet they just get this blank look on their face Laughing Anyway, I'm seriously due for some eyebrow waxing so I will be popping in to the said salon on the weekend (if I can get an appt) and if they have the men's stuff and testers (which I doubt, but you never know) then I'll let you know what they're like. From what Pal says though it looks like you're best sticking with the women's products though Smile

Btw, Pal - how does one get hold of a Cellcosmet trainer in Australia? TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I would be very skeptical about these claims about "active cellular components". Cells are large as are most of the related proteins. Only things under about a molecular weight of 500 are transported into the skin. I searched MEDLINE, PUBMED and GOOGLE for any research on "cellular components" in skin products or skin disease treatment. There is nothing. By what mechanism are they saying this works??? Are there particular "cellular components" used if so they are likely peptide segments for the reason stated above (you need to be relatively small to penetrate). Maybe they jsut have components that bind to the outside of the skin and tighten it. That is how many of the "quick working" products work they're good for a special occasion but do not heal your skin or cure wrinkles. There are many penetration enhancers out there; water soluble thing esp benefit from lipids.

One day stem cells may be able to be injected into the skin and regenerate the tissue but it's not today.
doinita
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 11:02 am      Reply with quote
You can go on their web page: www.cellap.com
Are good products, but .... Crying or Very sad too expensive for me.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
KARINA wrote:
rzecka........rather than pay £93+ for the eye contour cream.........why not buy 4 of the trial sizes for £13.74 each and get a trail size free........so your getting 15 mls of the eye contour cream for only £54.96............ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

regards Karina

Karina, thanks for this but I think you misunderstood me. I already have a sample of the eye contour cream and I actually didn't like it very much. (There's always the one who goes against the grain eh? Laughing )

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

This is my first post, but I've been reading, and learning, since I stumbled upon this wonderful website and forum a couple of weeks ago.

I've read, with great interest, the feedback on Cellosmet and want to order a sample pack, but I'm not sure of which to try. I used Obagi for six months, and recently switched to Skinceuticals. I'm very pleased with the results I'm getting with Skinceuticals B5 gel, Retinol and C E Ferulic. I've also just ordered the Line Defense to use on the night's I don't use the Retinol. I'm addicted to eye creams, and thought this would be a great way to try this, after reading rave reviews on a few threads. If anyone has any suggestions or feedback, I'm open to suggestions!

I celebrated my 29th bithday for the 15th year recently, and have been in search of the perfect products for about a year. My skin is on the dry side, especially when using Retinol, and rarely have breakouts. I have a bit of rosacea on the sides of my nose. (?) My main concern is lines and wrinkles. I don't like them! Wink
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
So the Cellcosmet site is down but I did find one other that puports to describe the mechanism saying that the embyoinic cells bind to the upper layer of the skin and make things that are good for it. I didn't think much of this. It's possible that the "cellular component" can bind to your skin. That it lives and makes things good for your skin does not seem likely. Possibly it just acts like a controlled drug release anyway it seems too far out to trust that there are no adverse effects.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy

I actually contacted the Australian supplier for Cellcosmet, as I am studing to become a Beauty Therapist and this is one of the ranges I will be using. She than contacted me back and arranged for a meeting Surprised
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 2:38 am      Reply with quote
KARINA wrote:

regards Karina

Hi Karina, Rzecka was having a go at me there, cause I bought it and have moved on the something else without finishing the pot - which is 30 mls by the way....
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Debra wrote:
Hi!

This is my first post, but I've been reading, and learning, since I stumbled upon this wonderful website and forum a couple of weeks ago.

I've read, with great interest, the feedback on Cellosmet and want to order a sample pack, but I'm not sure of which to try. I used Obagi for six months, and recently switched to Skinceuticals. I'm very pleased with the results I'm getting with Skinceuticals B5 gel, Retinol and C E Ferulic. I've also just ordered the Line Defense to use on the night's I don't use the Retinol. I'm addicted to eye creams, and thought this would be a great way to try this, after reading rave reviews on a few threads. If anyone has any suggestions or feedback, I'm open to suggestions!

I celebrated my 29th bithday for the 15th year recently, and have been in search of the perfect products for about a year. My skin is on the dry side, especially when using Retinol, and rarely have breakouts. I have a bit of rosacea on the sides of my nose. (?) My main concern is lines and wrinkles. I don't like them! Wink

Hi Debra - I'd take the one with the sensitive day cream - the sensitive day cream is lovely and chances are you won't have an adverse reaction to it in conjunction w/the retinol. I've used it - it's lovely...
Pudoodles
alycas
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 5:48 am      Reply with quote
HI , just a question how can I get the samples of cellcosmet? I just looked and cant find them thanks.....
alycas
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Forget it i found it Embarassed sorry,,,,,,,
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |