Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help needed for Ex-Decleor/SkinCeuticals user!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nikita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2005 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi...

It has been a long time since I have visited these forums...but I am so glad to be back!

I have reverted back to my old bad ways and at the moment am using nothing more than basic Nivea cream on my face...

I need help!

I am 32 years old, am of Indian origin, and have fairly good skin, though I suffer from eczema on parts of my body...not face though..I have a few (hardly visible but they are there!) 'freckles/age spots' on my cheeks, no wrinkles yet...get the occasional spot, I would say skin is fairly dry....

I did once use the Vitamin C Serum you guys reccomended but that all seems like a century ago....!

The only 'good' product I still use is the Dermalogica exfoliator....does it lose its effect after continuous use? I have been using it for a very long time - 18 months!!

I need to invest once more in my skin and am looking for:

1. A moisturiser..used to use Decleor's HyrdaFloral but would prefer with sun protection
2. Something for the 'age spots',
3. A night cream
4. Anything else that I should be using that I'm not!

Its so confusing with so many products available and hoped that you guys would be able to help me...

Should I restart the Vit C serum? If so is the SkinCeaticals one advisable or not?

Any help/advise reccomendation would be greatly appreciated....

Thank you so much for your time and wisdom!

Nikita
rosyb
5% products discount

Sat May 14, 2005 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
hi

I was a great decleor lover and changed my skincare range about 8 weeks ago. I am using the skin ceutical range - I really like the way my skin feels and it looks a bit better. What kind of skin type are you. One of the skinceutical ranges that are good for age spots is the Photo plus.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2005 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nikita,

I would restart the Vit C again. I am not sure if you finished your old bottle, but if you haven't it is too old to use. Did you like Skinceuticals before? You mention dry skin...I have dry skin too and cannot use Skinceuticals C serum. Vivier 10 is popular and less drying. I would start with that Very Happy

I don't think the Dermalogica would lose its effectivness, but some people do feel like their skin gets too used to a product, so they find switiching back and forth useful. When you say exfoliator, do you mean the Daily Microfoliant or the Cream Exfoliant? or something else? I still think that one of these may be useful. Very Happy

You might also want to consider and HA serum, to be applied after your C serum. It helps boost and lock in moisture. Skinceuticals, and others, makes one.

Moisturuzer with sun protection and night cream...I am not sure. I am sure someone else has lots of ideas Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2005 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for replying guys!

I used the Skinceauticals 15% Vit C serum with no problems, and yes I have a little left...so I will throw it away!

I use the Daily Microfoliant...

I guess my skin type is mainly dry, though not as sensitive as some dry skin can be as I did not suffer any reaction with the Vit C serum etc when I used it last...

I want an effective way to treat the freckles/age spots, and I guess at my age something to delay the wrinkles!

I did use another serum with the Vit C and this must be the HA one you mention, I used advise from these forums then to build up my skincare routine...and am now desperate to get restarted...

I really do appreciate your help. Thanks Faith and rosyb.... Smile Smile

Niki
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2005 3:50 am      Reply with quote
Nikita wrote:
Thanks for replying guys!

I used the Skinceauticals 15% Vit C serum with no problems, and yes I have a little left...so I will throw it away!

I use the Daily Microfoliant...

I guess my skin type is mainly dry, though not as sensitive as some dry skin can be as I did not suffer any reaction with the Vit C serum etc when I used it last...

I want an effective way to treat the freckles/age spots, and I guess at my age something to delay the wrinkles!

I did use another serum with the Vit C and this must be the HA one you mention, I used advise from these forums then to build up my skincare routine...and am now desperate to get restarted...

I really do appreciate your help. Thanks Faith and rosyb.... Smile Smile

Niki

No problem!! Maybe do a search for recent sun protection threads. I know Bad Bird just recommended a moisturizer/UV protection product to someone else! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2005 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nikita,

If you want to treat your freckles/age spots, you must use a sunscreen with a high UVA protection. Along with that, you can use vitamin C serum (which photo-protects), and also try the Phyto+ serum.

If you want to delay wrinkles, I can't stress often enough the importance of a photostable sunscreen and a vit C serum underneath. It is your first line of defence. Smile
Nikita
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your advise Bad Bird. I am currently drawing up my shortlist for the products I need to buy and the Vit C serum is at the top.. Smile

Photostable sunscreen? Does one with zinc oxide count?
Bad Bird
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Zinc oxide? Err ... generally, physical agents like zinc oxide and titanium dioxide are photostable but if you are looking for high UVA protection, you need to go for a physical-chemical combination. I would recommend La Roche Posay or Bioderma. Smile
Nikita
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2005 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Bad Bird thanks for your reply...I am currently using SkinCeuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF30, is this adequate? If not I will try out your reccomendations as I am coming to the end of this product anyway.

Deciding on which Vitamin C serum is just as confusing! Can a homemade version be the same?

Thanks!
Nikita
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2005 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Bad Bird...any particular La Roche Posay product/Bioderma product? There seems to be a huge choice! I can't seem to find them on EDS...I need somewhere that will deliver to UK..
Bad Bird
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2005 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nikita,

You can try beautycentre-europe.com or bce-europe.com for LRP, and delivereddeals.com or beautytarget.com for Bioderma.

It depends on what SPF/PPD you are looking for. I'm not a good person to ask because I will just recommend the highest SFP/PPD.
Nikita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Would 'La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 60 XL Face' be appropriate?

What does PPD mean? Please do recommend the one you think would be best suited, I have dry to normal skin.

Thanks in advance Bad Bird, your help is much appreciated... Smile
Bad Bird
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nikita,

Yes, you can try the SPF60 cream, or the Milk (Lait), or even the Fluide Extreme. The cream is rather heavy, but if you don't layer much underneath, you may like it for your dry skin.

PPD is the protection factor for UVA, like SPF is for UVA. The LRP SPF60 has a PPD28, which is quite good. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |