Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Honestly, is it ever possible to get perfect skin again???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2005 2:02 am      Reply with quote
I'm still in my teenage years and my acne wouldn't be considered bad. just mild acne i guess. Like small, really small bumps (but q numerous) on my cheeks and my forehead. it was more serious last year, very red on cheeks but its gotten better. However, i still see faded red marks and kind of like, uneveness in skin along with the tiny bumps. My skin definitely does not look flawless like all my friends. Is it ever possible to get back my once flawless skin? Or is this permanent, (as in the marks and uneveness)?
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2005 3:47 am      Reply with quote
There is another thread on the forum discussing a similar thing... maybe some of the suggestions there will help you. It's: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6258 Also a lot of people have recommended using Md Formulations products with glycolics or other aha's. I haven't tried them personally cos I'm scared of putting them on my sensitive skin but they're supposed to be great for acne scars and also prevention of further pimples. Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2005 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm all about organic/natural skincare, but in your case I will suggest something different:
"Renova"

or any retin-A cream. The Best is ofcourse to go to a dermatologist and get a subscribtion, together with microdermabrasion treatments...if you're on a budget though, just order the generic retin-A from Mexico online without ubscribtion (you're going to have to google alittle).

Your skin will "peel" and flake for about 2 weeks, then baby-skin will start appearing. This is a very STRONG treatment and if you have sensitive skin, don't even consider it without seeing a dermatologist first. If they try to give you the micro-retinA, say that you want Renova (it's milder on the skin, but as powerful). If you order online, see to it that you'll get the same strength as Renova in the generic version.

Good luck! Very Happy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2005 8:05 am      Reply with quote
If you are using any tretinion treatments, it is really important that you use a good sunblock. I think that they should be supervised by a Dr as well, though that may only be in the UK

5% products discount

Sun May 15, 2005 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I thought my dermatologist told me that the Renova is not as powerful as the Retin-A, therefore got the Retina A.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2005 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I think time is all that is needed for scar healing and try having Zinc supplements to speed up the process. A Vit C Serum could also help, everyone seems to have this as their holy grail Laughing

5% products discount

Mon May 16, 2005 7:12 am      Reply with quote
tynkerbell wrote:
I'm still in my teenage years and my acne wouldn't be considered bad. just mild acne i guess. Like small, really small bumps (but q numerous) on my cheeks and my forehead. it was more serious last year, very red on cheeks but its gotten better. However, i still see faded red marks and kind of like, uneveness in skin along with the tiny bumps. My skin definitely does not look flawless like all my friends. Is it ever possible to get back my once flawless skin? Or is this permanent, (as in the marks and uneveness)?

I have acne similar to that you described when I was in my teenage years and they cleared up by themselves when I was in my early 20's. Of course, I have to work to prevent acne scars from ocurring by trying my darnest not to pick at them, keeping my skin clean and having very simple make-up.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 10:32 am      Reply with quote
tynkerbell your skin sounds similar to mine, ie red marks from spots. I personally think it depends on how fast you heal, unfortunately I heal really slowly, if I cut myself, even a scratch, it will generally scar, therefore it's been really difficult to get rid of the red marks. Your skin should heal quicker as you're still a teenager. One thing you could try is Prolagene gel by Decleor, it's great for scarring but it can take several months to show any effect.
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 12:19 am      Reply with quote
tynkerbell: You have all the time in the world to get that flawless skin. It sounds like your acne is already starting to improve for you as it is better this year than the last. I had horrible acne in high school and far into college even. And not just on my face so I didn't do a lot of sunbathing except for rare occasions in my own back yard because I didn't want anyone to see. And as we all know these days, the lack of overdoing the sun as many of my flawless-skinned friends did was a blessing in disguise skinwise for me. I'm a bit thin-skinned myself and sometimes prone to those leftover usually faded red marks that sound similar to what you describe, and I've found that exercise and getting some blood pumping under my skin really seems to help with them especially if they are fairly recent. Uneven skintone and any blotchyness seem to benefit as well.

My point is that my flawless skin was still ahead of me when I was your age. Time is on your side. Your acne will almost certainly improve as you keep getting older and the new information and products available keep getting better all the time to help us have the best skin that we can. Try to not abuse your skin too much, educate yourself as you are beginning to do here, and see whose skin is flawless as time goes by. I've aged and my face reflects life here and there, but I think that I am going to fare pretty well when my 25 reunion comes around in a couple of years. My former horribly unflawless high school skin will do me proud I think.
Joom
5% products discount

Tue May 17, 2005 12:38 am      Reply with quote
The best thing I've found for reducing old acne scars is aloe vera gel. Once the actual spot has gone I just use this of a night and it does seem to fade much quicker. Another product I've recently purchased is Epidermx microdermabrasion, my skin does seem to be more even toned and smooth but I've only used it a couple of times so it could just be a coincidence, and it's just that my skin isn't playing up at the minute. Has anybody else achieved good results with this?
tynkerbell
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
thakns so much for yr comforting words marella Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |