Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

LRP vs Dermalogica
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 8:57 am      Reply with quote
I am currently using Dermalogica products and like them very much. Friends have been commenting on how good my skin looks Embarassed

I have also tried some of the La Roche-Posay line and liked that as well Embarassed

What I wonder is...is one line better than the other Confused Is LRP more chemical and Dermalogica more natural Confused

It seems the big difference is in the price Shock Also LRP products are more readily available to me.

So, big question is should I switch to LRP. Anyone have any insight hmm
Bad Bird
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Actually, if Dermalogica works for you, why change at all? Wink

I personally prefer LRP (not that I've tried their skincare but comparing ingredients). Dermalogica is overpriced and over-hyped.
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Guess it all comes down to money Laughing

If I can get the same results and ingredients with LRP for cheaper, wouldn't I be silly to spend more for Dermalogica Shock
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Agree with Bad Bird. If it ain't broke, don't mess with it. I personally had allergic reactions with dermalogica products. Am currently using LRP for my sensitive skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
brooke, where'd you find LRP in vancouver at? I've got a sample of an eye cream I would like to get...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 8:48 am      Reply with quote
lianne: Believe it or not, I can get LRP products at your local Shopper's Drug Mart Very Happy I thought it was only available at Pharmacies (like The Medicine Shoppe) but it was right there at Shopper's in the cosmetics department.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I've never seen it at mine....hmm...maybe I'll try another one. I only see the roc, vichy and biotherm.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Not sure where exactly you are located, but one on Broadway (between Oak and Cambie) carries it, also at Richmond Center Smile Also, so pharmacies have it behind the counter (The Medicine Shoppe).

I am wondering if it is a seasonal thing though cause I have never seen them carry it before hmm

Good luck and let me know what you gat and how you like it Very Happy
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks brooke!! I'm in richmond...usually shop at blundell and garden city one...

I hate the damn mall...but suppose I could make a trip there. It could just be new, b/c it's not listed as a brand on their website yet

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Just go to the mall during the weekday (not the weekend!!!) either right when they open or right when they close before it gets BUSY Laughing
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
tell me about it. my boyfriend and i went on sunday when it was raining...it was NUTS! luckily we knew exactly what we wanted and where to get it!

Maybe i'll check out the new one on cambie before trying the mall

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
The problem with LRP is that their lines don't offer many products. For instance, it doesn't carry a toner for normal to oily skin.
I think that it is clearly marketed as a «serious skin care company» as opposed to a «cosmetics» company.
I have read somewhere today that LRP has merged with a pharmaceutical company to expand its product lines. Hopefully, it will bring more products. And that explains why Effidrate was recently discontinued.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
That's true...seems like they target problem skin and us out there with somewhat "normal" skin don't know which of their products to use Confused

They also have their Biomedic line, but I think that is exclusively through dermatologists hmm
freckles127
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I personally think La Roche Posay is well worth the money. It's only a little more than dermalogica but it hasn't irritated my skin yet. I'll stick with LRP if you have sensitive skin. But I'll echo what the others have said, if Dermalogica works, then why change it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
brooke,

They do carry it at the 5 and cambie store. The nice lady gave me suggestions and samples to try.

I purchased their lipbalm and facial spritz! The store is really nice and WAY more selection than the other stores...no smashbox though Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Lianne: Thanks for the update...I will have to try that store out Smile

Freckles: I find that the prices for LRP are WAY cheaper than Dermalogica. The most expensive LRP product I have seen was $42 CDN (for the active C) Shock and the moisturizers run about $25 CDN Shock
That's why I was thinking of switching if the line (and ingredients) are as good as Dermalogica Very Happy
Heléne
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I have been wanting to try out LRP for some time now, but all websites I´ve visited says something like one has to either call them to be able to order, or have a prescription or something like that. Somebody who can explain this..? hmm

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Try feelbest.com. In Canada, you don't need a prescription for the «mainstream» products. You need a prescription for the «Biomedic» lines, which are specialty products. Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Not sure how it works where you are....but it seems to me that they have 2 lines-
La Roche-Posay and then Biomedic. I think hmm the Biomedic line is only available with prescription from a dermatologist Rolling Eyes Also I find that their website is really poor and doesn't feature all their products.

Maybe we can get EDS to stock LRP Laughing
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I doubt that ESD can stock La Roche Posay products because the company is very particular about its image. That is why products are offered behind the prescription counter, but available without a prescription. It means that these are not cosmetics, but serious skin care products. It's their marketing decision.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Linnie and Cbrooke; I will check the website right away... Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Can't believe my eyes!! LRP products are offered for sale on Ebay Shock
If I were to bid on any, I would contact the seller and ask for the expiry date on the box.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Linnie,

It is hard to get LRP products in the US so ebay is definitely one way to go Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
How come no LRP in US Confused

It always surprises me when Canada has something the US doesn't because we always seem to be soooo behind with everything Laughing I don't even have a Walmart to shop at in Richmond, BC, Canada Crying or Very sad
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
cbrooke wrote:
How come no LRP in US Confused

It always surprises me when Canada has something the US doesn't because we always seem to be soooo behind with everything Laughing I don't even have a Walmart to shop at in Richmond, BC, Canada Crying or Very sad

Because some of the ingredients are not approved by the FDA.

I don't think Canada is behind...you just have to live in an urban area, with a large enough population to support the industry in the area. I understand that may not be possible, but luckily, there is the internet. Very Happy

Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |