Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Peter Thomas Roth
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2005 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased a couple of products using my gift certificate. I got me Yonka Juvenil and Dr. H's Daily Face Care Kit for oily skin. Thanks for the recommendations here in the forum. Along the order came sample packets of PTR products. Not sure if I would want to try them out because of the ingredients that i'm not big on. The Beta Hydroxy Acne Wash has ALS (Ammonium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate) which are known irritants; the Oxygen Detoxyfying Masque has hydrogen peroxide which is a known oxidant; the Chamomile Cleansing Lotion has DEA and TEA which are carcinogenic if mixed with nitrites in the product.

http://www.organicprincess.com/toxic-toiletries.htm

The Yonka Juvenil reminded me of a product that I used one time called DermaMed Acne Gel. It smelled exactly like it. That medicine smell was very strong but it disappeared after a while. I thought it could be the same thing but the ingredients are different.

http://www.dermamed.com/product_details/natural_skin_care/dmacne_gel/default.asp

As for the Dr. Hauschka skin care kit, isn't there suppose to be instructions to use the products? I opened the kit and nothing... how am I suppose to use them?
eSquire415
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
I just used the Yonka Juvenil last night. It has a very strong mediciney smell and it doesn't go away. The consistency is like water. I would have liked something that's more viscuous. It is strange that it uses a squirt bottle such that when you try to spray it, some of the liquid spills down the nozzle/cap which is messy. Also because of the watery consistency, squirting some on your fingers will result to part of the liquid getting between and through your fingers with a tendency to drop some of it. I think Yonka should have used a sponge applicator rather than a squirt bottle due to the watery consistency of the product.

A workaround is to squirt it on your palm. This however still does not prevent the liquid from spilling down the nozzle unless you squirt it such that the bottle is tilted parallel to the ground. To put the solution on your face, you cannot lift your palm to your face because it will just spill from your palm. You need to bend forward and put your face on your palm. It's not a convenient way of applying but it's a workaround.

As for the efficacy of the product, I have only applied it once so I cannot make a review of that just yet. I should probably give it a couple of weeks. The instructions tells of using it with the Creme PG and Creme 15. Also to use it am and pm. I don't think I'd like to smell like an old geezer wearing Ben-Gay throughout the day so I'll only use this in the evening.

As for Dr. H's Face Care Kit, can someone please post a link for me on the instructions on how to use the products?
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
This is taken from the drhauschka.co.uk site:

Cleansing Milk
Moisten the face and apply Cleansing Milk evenly over the face using a press and roll motion.
Remove with warm water.

Cleansing Cream
Use twice a day, in the morning to remove any toxins excreted by your skin during the night, and in the evening.
Fill your basin with warm water and make sure that your skin is well moistened, either by applying a warm damp flannel to your skin, or by splashing with water.
Squeeze about 1 cm of Cleansing Cream into the palm of your hand and add some warm water to the Cleansing Cream, mixing it together with your fingertips until you get a smooth slightly runny paste.
Gently apply to the face, then work the product into your skin using the palm of your hand and fingers with a pressing and rolling motion. Work from your forehead to your chin.
Work the Cleansing Cream into your skin for up to a minute (or longer if you have open pores) then rinse off with plenty of warm water.
Then, wet your flannel under the cold tap, wring out and apply to your face for about 5 seconds. This makes the pores tighten up, forcing any inpurities still in the pores to be expelled.

There is a great video on the site which shows the application technique. It's definitely worth watching.

Facial Toner
Use in the morning after cleansing.
Use in the evening after cleansing unless you are taking a course of Rhythmic Conditioner Sensitive or Rhythmic Night Conditioner.
Spray Facial Toner onto your face, neck and earlobes.

Moisturising Day Cream
Mix with a couple of drops of Translucent Bronze Concentrate for a tinted moisturiser.
Keep in a cool place away from direct sunshine.
An ideal moisturiser for men as it is absorbed quickly and leaves no oily sheen.
Moisturising Day Cream, or indeed any of the Dr.Hauschka moisturisers, should not be used at night time as the skin uses this period to excrete toxins absorbed during the day - so any products that interfere with these natural processes should be avoided.
Regular use of night creams can mean that the skin becomes dependent on an external source of moisture rather than producing its own.
If your skin feels taut after cleansing in the evening, be patient. Wait 20-30 minutes and the skin will re-balance itself. Make sure that you are rinsing the Cleansing Cream off properly. If you have been using night creams for a long time, then your skin may need extra support in the changeover period to Dr.Hauschka, and in this case, we recommend the Rhythmic Night Conditioner ampoules.

Rose Day Cream
Squeeze a small amount of Rose Day Cream onto the palm of your hand and warm it by pressing your hands together. This makes it easier to apply.
Gently apply to face, neck and earlobes.

Quince Day Cream
Apply every morning after cleansing with Cleansing Cream and Facial Toner.
May be used in alternation with Moisturising Day Cream to really activate the skin's Moisturising processes.
Combine with Normalising Day Cream to give added day to day protection against sun and cold.
Apply over Rose Day Cream for greater protection in winter.

So your routine should look something like:

AM:
Cleansing Cream
Facial Toner
Moisturising Day Cream, Rose Day Cream or Quince Day Cream

PM:
Cleansing Milk (if you wear makeup)
Cleansing Cream
Facial Toner

Good luck! I hope you like the products Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2005 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I used a cleanser sample from PTR, it was camomile something or other, gentle for sensitive skin and I really liked it! Most cleansers irritate my skin but this one didn't. When I won my gift certif I looked at PTR but it is soooo expensive so I got something else instead.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the instructions. It is very stupid of Dr Haushka not to include directions to use the products. I actually sent this to my sister-in-law. I didn't know there were no instructions. I guess if you have no access to the internet, then you're on your own.
Mabsy

Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
eSquire415 wrote:
I just used the Yonka Juvenil last night. It has a very strong mediciney smell and it doesn't go away. The consistency is like water. I would have liked something that's more viscuous. It is strange that it uses a squirt bottle such that when you try to spray it, some of the liquid spills down the nozzle/cap which is messy. Also because of the watery consistency, squirting some on your fingers will result to part of the liquid getting between and through your fingers with a tendency to drop some of it. I think Yonka should have used a sponge applicator rather than a squirt bottle due to the watery consistency of the product.

A workaround is to squirt it on your palm. This however still does not prevent the liquid from spilling down the nozzle unless you squirt it such that the bottle is tilted parallel to the ground. To put the solution on your face, you cannot lift your palm to your face because it will just spill from your palm. You need to bend forward and put your face on your palm. It's not a convenient way of applying but it's a workaround.

I think the sponge applicator would to an extent go against the purpose of the product - you'd be getting germs from the pimple back into the bottle and putting them back on your face next time.

I use this product more as a spot treatment or mixed in with Creme 15. I hold the bottle parallel with my palm and squirt some on and then dab my finger in it and apply to affected spots. Other times I just squirt it onto Creme 15 on my palm, mix together, and apply. When I do use it by itself all over my face, I just press my palms together to distribute the product and then pat on my face. I never have any problems with wasting it that way Wink

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |