Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

soap allergy

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
My mom finally went to the derm and they said she's got a soap allergy and it's causing her eczema. They also said there's nothing she can do about her milia besides getting a laser treatment..

What are the "soap" ingredients?? Anyone have got product recommendations? (hair, detergent, facial cleanser, etc, etc)

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
lianne wrote:
My mom finally went to the derm and they said she's got a soap allergy and it's causing her eczema. They also said there's nothing she can do about her milia besides getting a laser treatment..

What are the "soap" ingredients?? Anyone have got product recommendations? (hair, detergent, facial cleanser, etc, etc)

Hi, there! Smile

I also have eczema prone skin and goatsmilk or olive oil soaps are lovely for me. I buy mine from www.dancingducksorganics.com The owner, Dawn, is really knowledgeable and sends a free full sized gift with ever order. Smile

5% products discount

Wed May 18, 2005 7:42 am      Reply with quote
she should probably just use a castile soap which is(usually, read ingredient list) 100% olive oil and lye. i know lye(aka sodium hydroxide) sounds scary but soap cannot be made without it. you can get these at a natural foods store usually. it is the mildest out there. hth's.
afterhours

Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I started using a plain soap, and something my MD said was 'incurable' has gone away. An itchy feeling on my face and backs of hands now hasn't returned. All I did was start using a different soap. (just plain soap from Moondance Soaps -- google for the moondancesoaps website ). They have a Castille soap, but I haven't tried any of their other products yet. Happy just having something that works.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Both goatsmilk and olive oil soaps are like heaven to use, I have both at hand for my morning shower and they are so gentle I can use them for cleansing my face.

Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
Both goatsmilk and olive oil soaps are like heaven to use, I have both at hand for my morning shower and they are so gentle I can use them for cleansing my face.

Hmmm, I saw Goats Milk soap at that moondancesoaps .com site, but I was worried about ANYTHING that might set me back -- even milk products. Maybe I should try some on my next order with them. Have you had any reactions?

Oh -- and their recipe is just veggie oils and sodium hydroxide --nothing else in the 'plain' soap. I think they use olive oil or canola... don't have the label next to me at the moment.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have seborrhea and eczema. I cannot use any facial cleanser with SLS, SLES, and castille liquid. I also avoid SLS in shampoos.

I have no allergic reaction with goat milk soap except it was a little too drying for my face. I also tried shea butter soap and it was still too drying for me.

Now I cleanse with my face with camellia oil and wash my hair with shampoo bar followed with AVC rinse.

5% products discount

Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Castile soap is great, but be sure to get pure olive oil castile soap. I've seen a lot of so called castile soap (Dr Bronners) made with coconut oil, aka sodium lauryl sulfate.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:20 am      Reply with quote
She could try one of the Dove soaps. I started using Dove in the shower a couple of years ago because I found it did not leave any soap scum in the shower. Then I found a lot of strange itchy areas on my body disappeared as well. I tend to stay with it now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:41 am      Reply with quote
Shux are you saying that Dr. Bronners is still SLS?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:57 am      Reply with quote
check ingredients as most commercial soaps have SLS and animal ingredients ......(tallow = animal fat ....which I think is in Dove...yeah scary .....)Confused
olive oil soap is always great also with pure lavender oil as its so soothing and healing ....(make sure its pure essential oil though and not an artificial fragrance )
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Most commerical soaps are actually detergents.

You might want to try a handcrafted soap. You can google them, and I list of thousands will come up. Look for a soap that is 100% natural. Pure olive oil soap is the gentlest, it can be used on newborns. Stay away from any scented soaps, even those scented with esscential oils. Some people are allergic to certain oils. Before you order soap, ask the company 2 questions.
1. What is the ph of your soap? 7.0 is the most mildest.
2. Is your soap superfatted. You want soap that is, because it is milder. What superfatting means is that extra oil is added to the soap to make it extra mild.
I have seen a lot of people with problem skin using a doctor recommended (read expensive)cleanser have luck with handcrafted soap.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:06 am      Reply with quote
What brands can u suggest are olive castile soaps? Smile Is there a liquid one? Question

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:34 am      Reply with quote
joziegrozy,

I'm sorry I can't recommend anything online. I usually make my own or buy from local craft shows.
kpage828
5% products discount

Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
joziegrozy wrote:
What brands can u suggest are olive castile soaps? Smile Is there a liquid one? Question

Try Elysian Dream online, they have a pure olive oil liquid castile soap. They also have others that have coconut oil, so be careful to read the description to get the pure one. I'll try to link, but I don't think it will let me:

http://www.elysiandream.com/castile_liquid_soap.htm

Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

B Kamins Clear Control Purifying Masque (120 g / 4 oz) Rodial Tummy Tuck (150 ml / 5.1 floz) Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube (177 ml / 6 oz)