Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

SkinCeuticals Question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Gypsy
5% products discount

Wed May 18, 2005 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Im new to the whole C Serum thing and Im fixing to make a few SC purchases but need some advice.

SKIN: oily, enlarged pores, blackheads,some pigmentation problems from acne scars (not many though)

ER ISSUES: Nasial creases and Im starting to get the puppet thing on the corners of my mouth. And I have a few wrinkles under my eyes. Im 26 so all these probs are pretty new. And probably just noticable to me.

*My skin is used to AHA products and is not sensative*

Questions:

Daytime: Should I get the SkinCeuticals Serum 15 OR the SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic?

For eyes I was thinking of SkinCeuticals Eye Balm.

When using these products would I still need to use a spf for face or eye area? And is the SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Gel doubled as your daily moisturizer?

Night time: I was thinking of trying SkinCeuticals Intense Line Defense

For eyes Im not sure if I should use Skinceuticals Eye Gel or SkinCeuticals Eye Renewal Gel?

Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks in advance. =)
Bad Bird
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Gypsy,

Your skin is oily and not sensitive, so you'll have no problems using a high percentage of vit C. I would recommend the Ferulic because it has 6 times more photo protective capabilities than Serum 15. Use Eye Gel on your eye area because ferulic is too strong.

Using a sunscreen is recommended on top of vit C. The Eye Balm is fine, and you can use the Eye Renewal Gel underneath it, at night.

B5 Gel is to be used over vit C in the morning or underneath moisturiser (over Line Defence) at night. It is not a surface hydrator, however, so you should still use a moisturiser on top.

Based on the products you've chosen, this can be your routine:

AM
Serum 15/Ferulic, Eye Gel on eye area (wait at least 5 minutes)
B5 Gel
Moisturiser (can be omitted if sunscreen is oily)
Sunscreen

PM
Line Defence, Eye Renewal Gel on eye area (wait 5 minutes)
B5 Gel
Eye Balm
Moisturiser
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Gypsy:

I have been using a few of the SkinCeuticals products and love them. I also have oily skin (and breakouts at times too).

I use the SkinCeuticals C+AHA serum (15% C, 10%AHA) in the morning. It has been working great for me, definitely noticed a difference in my skin as far as clarity and tone, but I am tempted to try the CE+Ferulic.

Like Bad Bird said, the CE+Ferulic is supposed to have even more protection against photo aging. If you go that route, you may want to use the SC Intense Line Defense (12% AHA) at night.

As far as SkinCeuticals eye products, I haven't used any yet. I use the Cellex-C Advanced C Eye Toning Gel (10% C) and on top of that the Cellex-C Advanced C Eye Firming Cream (10% C).

SC Hydrating B5 Gel is a great moisturizer especially for oily skins. It is the only moisturizer I use, other than a Sunscreen which I put on last.

Hope this helps!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |