Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Reviews:: AlphaDerma (etc) Reviews (may be long!)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I thought you cannot wear Vit. C with ACDE. Am I right?

Janson Beckett actually has their own Vit C. Yes, you can use C with AlphaDermaCE. When it first came out JB directed it to be used after AlphaDermaCE. I always used it FIRST: C&C, Prep, AlphaDerma. HTH
SusanC
5% products discount

Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I haven't been back here for quite a while so effectively this is an 18 month follow up.
Basically I had to drop everything I was using in my original post about 12 months ago Sad
I went away on a 2 week holiday and stopped using most of my products except for my cleanser and moisturiser (both Shiseido). When I started to use everything again I had real problems - dryness and flaky skin with wrinkles looking worse. I couldn't pinpoint if it was a particular product so I dropped eveything and switched completely to Shiseido Bio Performance range. This has been fantastic for the past 12m and although I would say my brow wrinkes are not as improved as with ADCE the eye and neck are pretty close.

Whether the intolerance is hormone linked (which could be the case as I'm getting to "that age") or not I'm not sure. Anyway I'm more than happy with the Shiseido range so I'm sticking to that now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
Last January, I got the full-size ADCE and Skin Prep, and the travel size of the whole line. I used them for about 8 weeks and saw minor improvement overall (maybe 10-20%) with regard to firmness, texture, wrinkles, etc. All was good. But of course, good never seems good enough and I wanted great.

Then I got samples of another product line, so I decided to take a break from the JB to try them. After a month, I went to go back to the JB, but this time my face broke out in an itchy, painful, uncomfortable rash. I went off the JB, and just about everything else except for a little jojoba oil to moisurize. I waited until my skin felt good and healthy, and then I tried the JB again. Same itchy, painful rash! Gave it another rest, and then ordered samples of the PSF line (which I really liked and have now switched to). But since I had spent SO MUCH on the JB stuff and it HAD worked initially, I couldn't make myself just give up on it. So I tried it again. Same terrible rash results. At that point, I had had enough.

I do have sensitive skin and rosacea. The only thing I can figure is that I developed an allergy to one of the ingredients when I took the initial break, and I suspect it is the argelline (sp?).

I do use the JB nighttime moisturizer with DMAE and Vit C ester, which I got when JB gave out the full-size bottles as samples. I do really like this moisturizer, but it's not a wonder product for me. When I run out of it, I will keep looking for my HG. Unless I could get a deal on it (e.g., product with purchase), then I would use it again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:43 am      Reply with quote
If you don't mind me saying so, I think you switched brands too quickly and your skin got sensetive. You have to try a product at least three months. But if you try something new and right away you get a reaction then I would have stopped.

I really think it was because you swithched brands and went back that you got a reaction to a very strong skincare product.

Does anyone else agree?
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:46 am      Reply with quote
You might be right. I suspected as much, and that's why I waited a long time (at least 3 months) and let my skin feel healthy before the second pass. The allergic-type reaction was quick and strong. Is it possible to induce an allergy? If so, does it last forever?

Since finding EDS, I've found myself jumping on the "next-great thing bandwagon" in search of those HGs. I've found some great products as a result. After my experience w/ JB though, I am taking things a lot slower, giving my skin time to adjust and giving the product time to work. I do like sampling though, so I indulge but do so carefully and a little at a time.

Skincare wrote:
If you don't mind me saying so, I think you switched brands too quickly and your skin got sensetive. You have to try a product at least three months. But if you try something new and right away you get a reaction then I would have stopped.

I really think it was because you swithched brands and went back that you got a reaction to a very strong skincare product.

Does anyone else agree?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds good! Try not to go crazy with skincare products. Whatever works for you, even if it is not popular on EDS, stick with it. Very Happy
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Yes, Molly now I remember our long email on facial exercise Very Happy Sorry, we talk to so many people. You must consider my age. Laughing You certainly know a lot about exercise.BTW I am learning the scalp routine Smile. I just found that the acupressure course I took relaxes and softens the face. This is a short paragraph and a diagram of some of the points. There are many more points. Will try to scan and get to you. The points can be found easily as there is a little indentation that your finger fits comfortably in. You just gentle massage in circular motions 30x's left, then 30x's to the right. Perhaps this is not the thread to post this...just wanted to respond to you.

The face has a complex muscular structure. Each facial muscle is constantly busy performing a multitude of movements. Consider the full range of emotions, movements and expressions your face makes every day. Even as you dream your facial muscles are working. When facial muscles are massaged and exercised regularly, all the metabolic processes are stimulated, which means facial circulation is improved, capillaries are strengthened, the facial lymph system is cleansed and the skin becomes blemish-free. Whatever your skin type, it will respond to facial massage positively, because massage keeps the collagen and elastin fibers wet and warm which encourages and stimulates their growth. With each facelift massage, the toning benefits increase because muscles have memory.

obviously a pro.clap hands
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:55 am      Reply with quote
one month ago,i am afraid of its ingredient-peptides.but now,i think it's the best product .
maybe i will find a better product than adce in future.
its texture are so fine,and i could see the effect after applying.
my skin is too sensitive to endure millions of products.
but adce make my skin tone even,enhance the texture...
i love it
toey
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
can anyone compare AlphaDerma with Cellex-C?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
From what I understand, they are totally different.
toey
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:10 am      Reply with quote
How different? Have you tried both? I am now intested in Alphaderma for my mom 54 yo. Please suggest.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
From what I understand, they are totally different.

yes ,they are almost different.
maybe you want compare the c&c serum with CELLEX-C l.a.a
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I think there was a post from Mabsy about her mother and what she used. PM her and ask her but don't forget to ask what is her mother's skin type.

I never tried AlphaDerma....I might buy Neova.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I think there was a post from Mabsy about her mother and what she used. PM her and ask her but don't forget to ask what is her mother's skin type.

I never tried AlphaDerma....I might buy Neova.

cu peptide sounds some terrible.
would my skin be poisoned by metal?

could you understand my meaning? my english is not very good Sad
lesleyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've used a lot of anti-aging products in the past including Dermaglow Nuvectin, which is the Canadian version of Strivectin, Cellex-C and Retin-A 0.01% (a prescription product that did wonders for my skin, absolute wonders! I used it for five years altogether and it revolutionized my skin). Without sounding immodest, I have to say my skin's in pretty good shape. But seeing as I'm middle-aged, I do have lines and a bit of sag around the eyes and I'd like to avoid plastic surgery and expensive laser treatments. I don't mind growing old gracefully.

Recently, I was in the Essential Day Spa buying Nailtiques (I live near the spa) when I asked about ADCE. After discussing it with the rep who had very good things to say about it, and who uses it and has great skin, I decided to give it a try.

First, I'm impressed it comes in a glass bottle as so many products are in plastic now and you can never tell what effect plastic has on products. I also like the texture and the smell.

I notice a tingling when I first put it on, and over the last couple of days I've acquired a tiny bit of redness which is comparable to the effect Retin-A and Cellex-C had when I used them. Even though it's only been two days I do notice a new glow and my skin feels very smooth. Like it's been exfoliated.

After reading all the favourable comments I decided to invest in the Skin Prep and the Okusil. I have ordered these two products and can't wait until they arrive. I also want to try the Lips Plumper some day as it sounds like a safe natural way to increase plumpness and smoothness in the lips.

I also visited the JB web site and am impressed by the before and after photos, which are remarkable!

So although it's early days, I'm pleased so far. Smile
lesleyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="felinehhy"]
Skincare wrote:

cu peptide sounds some terrible.
would my skin be poisoned by metal?

Just to advise, there's been considerable research on peptides and these are completely safe and highly effective in repairing skin.

Unfortunately, we can't link to other sites here, but if you type "copper peptides" into Google or any search engine, you'll see numerous links.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Hello, after reading the Clear Skin Prescription by Dr. Perricone, I was intrigued that his suggested topicals to clear up problem skin also have anti-aging benefits [alpha lipoic acid, dmae, vitamin C ester]

So I started looking around for products that contain these ingredients and it looks like AlphaDerma is the best candidate. I've since read just about all the many reviews on this product and seriously seriously wanting to try this - I have a few lines on my forehead and tiny crowsfeet around my eyes. The skin under my chin could use some firming as well, all the things AlphaDerma seems to address, but will it be effective on oily, acne prone skin?

Thanks,

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
Hello, after reading the Clear Skin Prescription by Dr. Perricone, I was intrigued that his suggested topicals to clear up problem skin also have anti-aging benefits [alpha lipoic acid, dmae, vitamin C ester]

So I started looking around for products that contain these ingredients and it looks like AlphaDerma is the best candidate. I've since read just about all the many reviews on this product and seriously seriously wanting to try this - I have a few lines on my forehead and tiny crowsfeet around my eyes. The skin under my chin could use some firming as well, all the things AlphaDerma seems to address, but will it be effective on oily, acne prone skin?

Thanks,

AlphaDerma is not oily at all. I use it in the summer when my skin becomes quite oily and also in the winter when it is dry. In the winter months I apply a moisturizer over it. If you are looking for alpha lipoic acid, dmae, vitamin C ester +++ all in one product you can't go wrong. If you want these ingredients without the Argireline (wrinkle relaxant) the Day and Night Cream also contains these ingredients. My favorite right now is the Night Cream. The Day Cream comes in too small of a bottle (1 oz). I find it very expensive for the size. The Night Cream is 4 oz. and lasts forever.

IMHO Perricone's prices are way out of line for the actives that are in his products.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
IMHO Perricone's prices are way out of line for the actives that are in his products.

Winnie, I couldn't agree with you more. While I thought Dr. Perricone's emphasis on diet and inflammation as the root cause of problem skin and aging made a lot of sense, I was really disappointed when I researched the ingredients in his products. Extremely pricey and the very actives he promotes were not even in the top 5! Is Argireline necessary for my shallow wrinkles? If not, the night cream would probably be a good bet.
BTW, how long does a 4 oz. bottle last? That sounds like an awfully large bottle, unless you have to use a lot.

Thanks,

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
Winnie wrote:

Winnie, I couldn't agree with you more. While I thought Dr. Perricone's emphasis on diet and inflammation as the root cause of problem skin and aging made a lot of sense, I was really disappointed when I researched the ingredients in his products. Extremely pricey and the very actives he promotes were not even in the top 5! Is Argireline necessary for my shallow wrinkles? If not, the night cream would probably be a good bet.
BTW, how long does a 4 oz. bottle last? That sounds like an awfully large bottle, unless you have to use a lot.

Thanks,

Argireline temporarily makes it harder to contract your smile lines. Therefore, you do not notice crows feet, forehead lines as much. I have always loved AlphaDermaCE. I have used JB products for almost three years (also worked for them BRIEFLY).

I am starting to change my skin care routine somewhat. I am using the Night Cream both night and day. I love the ingredients and believe that it is feeding my skin. I used to use AlphaDermaCE all over my face. As of late I am only using on a few forehead lines and crows feet. My raves go to JB ingredients as I believe that they have kept my face quite firm for my age.

The 4 oz. bottles of both AlphaDermaCE, Mineral Prep and Night Cream last me 4month (1 oz. a month). All products are very spreadable. In the winter I use 1 plump for my whole face and neck. Summer I can get away with 1/2 plump for whole area.

I would suggest that you try the five day sample pack. Make sure that the line is right for you. Not sure, but I would think if you called Janson Beckett and purchased the 5 Day Sample Pack they would also include samples of their night cream and C serum.

Shock Just noticed that EDS is giving away a choice of a few JB products with an $85.00 purchase. JB prices are less expensive on EDS than Janson Beckett Website.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/alphaderma-anti-ageing.htm
lesleyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:13 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the Skin Prep, the CE, and the Okusil Under Eye Serum since December 23rd. That's almost two months. Although I notice some improvement in skin tone, there has been no change in any of the lines, fine or otherwise. I do not smoke or drink and eat a very healthy diet and my skin was in pretty good shape to begin with. For my money I don't think these products are worth the expense.

Maybe some people find they are getting results but I haven't seen any change. And these are not inexpensive products. I will be trying something else when the products run out.
christygao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I've been tempted by this brand for a long time, but still wonder whether it might be a bit early for me.

I'll be 26 this year, and have combo skin~but have been suffering from light acne recently Confused

I have bad dark circles, but no lines so far. although i can feel the eyelid is not as firm as when I was 24...

I've been using anr for almost a year now, but that didnt really help

Could you guys give me some advice and recommendation please, cheers!!!
rainbowcheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
It is also good for the wrinkle of the neck
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
christygao wrote:
I've been tempted by this brand for a long time, but still wonder whether it might be a bit early for me.

I'll be 26 this year, and have combo skin~but have been suffering from light acne recently Confused

I have bad dark circles, but no lines so far. although i can feel the eyelid is not as firm as when I was 24...

I've been using anr for almost a year now, but that didnt really help

Could you guys give me some advice and recommendation please, cheers!!!

I have used AlphaDerma and other Janson Beckett products for three years now and I have a Happy Face. Laughing

If your eyelids are not as firm as you like I highly recommend their Eyelid Ampules. You can find this in their Salon section. The ampules are very soothing to the whole eye area and helps firm and smooth the area. The product also claims to reduce dark circles. I can't confirm that as I don't have dark circles. What I really love about the ampules is that you can apply this gel/serum to the whole eye area (including lid) without any irritation. Few products I can put on my lids. I believe the ampules cost around 40.00. You get 6 ampules with twist on caps. If used daily the package would last 4 months. One tiny drop for each eye. LOVE THIS STUFF!!!

Alpha Derma would be great for someone your age to use on forehead, smile lines. It can help prevent these lines from setting in. IMO you would only need the 1 oz. bottle to spot treat. I am much older and use it on my whole face and neck. (Don't think you need that).
beautydream
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:54 am      Reply with quote
I used ADCE,c-serum and Okusil for 3 month.
I found the change on my skin,more bright and smooth,but the result of firm can not been found,the Okusil can work on the puff under eye due to drink much water. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |