Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermalogica Microfoliant - a somewhat review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
myztic
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
So I just purchased the microfoliant because of the fab reviews, While I was using it i thought it was very gentle and that it wouldn't be effective at all.. but thats not true because after i washed it off my skin was very soft and smooth... but it does make your skin more dry so you definately have to apply a moisturiser afterwards ( or atleast i had to). active moist.
What results have you guys seen.. like what has it done for your face?

And how often do you use it? daily..(night or day)... when did you see results? and do you use it with water or do you prefer mixing it with your cleanser?? Smile
strawberry1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to know everyone's response to this also. I just went for a facial and she recommended this to me and I bought it. It is rather drying and I thought that it would have some little granules in it to do some exfoliating. I am almost tempted to give up on it but I have heard so many good things about it.
Joom
5% products discount

Thu May 19, 2005 1:01 am      Reply with quote
If you're finding it drying it could be that you're not removing it all. It does take quite a bit of rinsing to get it all off.

Dermalogica cleansers are supposed to be used twice so I use the special cleansing gel to remove make up then I use the microfoliant then I use the special cleansing gel again and it removes all traces of the mocrofoliant preventing any dryness. I really love this stuff leaves my skin so smooth and since I've started using it I've not had any flakey patches at all.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2005 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I love the microfoliant. I have found that it has BRIGHTENED my skin quite a bit and evened out the tone.

I always use a moisturizer anyway, so I haven't noticed any drying effects on my already "sometimes dry" skin.

Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2005 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
I just love the microfoliant; I'm convinced that this product, and the Dr. Hauschka cleansing cream has has helped to improve my skin dramatically. No more dry patches at all, on the contrary, my make-up wears better than ever!
Pudoodles
kookykitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2005 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the other ladies here. Before I went on Obagi, I had clear skin(went on Obagi just to get rid of old scars and marks) and the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant was part of my routine. I just mixed it with a wee bit of water to form a grainy paste then exfoliated my face with it. I did not find it to be drying, but then again, I have very oily skin. I did follow it up by patting my damp face with Sage Old Lady Cream(this locks in moisture). I agree that this product definitely makes your face look clearer and brighter. Smile

Thu May 26, 2005 5:14 am      Reply with quote
I am taking a holiday from Microfoliant right now but I still have heaps left and it's still one of my fave exfoliants. I can use it daily without having any drying effect on my skin but I don't use any other exfoliants at the same time. I have found it to be quite effective at evening out skin tone and also brightening. Combining this with a vitamin C serum is fantastic and also helps heal post-acne marks (at least it does that on my skin).

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I love microfoliant, but I am also taking a break from it (giving Jurliques Face Wash Cream a try instead). I used it everyday until the container ran out (which was for over 6 months) and found that it really improved the texture of my skin. I did feel like I needed to moisturise afterwards but it wasn't overly drying and didn't irritate my skin at all.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Gotta agree with myztic and strawberryl on this one - I found it to be very drying. I also find the active moist to be too rich and greasy for my skin.

Right now I'm happy with my Decleor oils & balms for moisturing, and am trying to see what my skin likes better - the Ylang Ylang line or the Iris line. Ylang Ylang is intended for oily skin (which I have), whereas Iris is meant for "mature" skin (I'm 39 but my skin seems older...). Very Happy

For exfoliating I've tried pretty much everything from green cream (too harsh!!) to Clinical Solutions. I really liked how the Dermalogica Micro sounded on the board but don't think the dryness afterwards was worth it.
MaryR
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
This has got to be EDS's all time best seller judging from all the reviews. I love it too, it is great for the flakies before you put on your makeup.
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:05 am      Reply with quote
kookykitty wrote:
I agree with the other ladies here. Before I went on Obagi, I had clear skin(went on Obagi just to get rid of old scars and marks) and the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant was part of my routine. I just mixed it with a wee bit of water to form a grainy paste then exfoliated my face with it. I did not find it to be drying, but then again, I have very oily skin. I did follow it up by patting my damp face with Sage Old Lady Cream(this locks in moisture). I agree that this product definitely makes your face look clearer and brighter. Smile

Please can you tell me what got rid of your scars, as I have a chicken pox scar and would love to get rid of it
myztic
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
i went to the doctor (not a derm) and they told me theres no way i could have exfoliated my skin to make capps show.. but i dunno.. she didnt seem to be a helpful doctor gr hehe
but anyway i stopped using it, but will use it now occasionally as its a lovely product Smile
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
myztic wrote:
i went to the doctor (not a derm) and they told me theres no way i could have exfoliated my skin to make capps show.. but i dunno.. she didnt seem to be a helpful doctor gr hehe
but anyway i stopped using it, but will use it now occasionally as its a lovely product Smile

Well I am sure she/he is wrong. If you over exfoliate or exfolaite with a product that is too harsh for your skin you definitely can break capillaries on your face, and then they will show.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:12 am      Reply with quote
she was like no thats just how my skin is, im like well it looked worse 2 weeks ago when i exfoliated it so she's like well ur skin would naturally be red after exfoliation and then she was like why do you exfoliate anyway? so then i was like ok she really isn't all that bright.. i hate when doctors think they know too much and dont care for their patience, she was like anyway i am over the 15 minutes that was alloted for your appointment but boy do you have a lot of complaints for a 19 year old... if u dont have complaints tho, why go to a doctor then? hehe..

Anyways tho, my skin has healed a bit from the exfoliation, i think maybe the vitamin c helped too Smile
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Laughing I would just ease up on it a bit, and don't press too hard when you are using it; gentle is better Smile. I am sure the Vit C did help!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:03 am      Reply with quote
i really love the vitamin c... but its so expensive so i dunno Sad Sad Sad i've spent so much on skin and hair products its crazy
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:52 am      Reply with quote
I used daily microfoliant every day, morning and night, it is quite gentle...
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I use this nightly and haven't had any problems with dryness (I do put moisturizer on afterwards). I have combo skin. I really do think it's brightened up my skin. I'm not sure if I'll be able to continue using it though ... I have the Clarisonic brush coming and from what I understand, that will be enough exfoliation on it's own. Although maybe I'll skip a day or two so I can use up the Microfoliant.
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Ladies, wonder what are your views / comments on the thread ' ** Disturbing News ** just posted by Kalumbia ... please have a look too at the website supplied by her.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I use this product once in a while. I have quite dry skin, so i find this product to really dry out my skin if i use it daily
Kiwi bird
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have found the product great as far as exfoliation goes - much better than the rub off ones. I definitely need to use moisturiser after though.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Guys this isn't a MECHANICAL exfoliant!

It uses enzymes, so just having it on your skin let's it do it's job. You don't need to scrub Smile
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Joom wrote:
If you're finding it drying it could be that you're not removing it all. It does take quite a bit of rinsing to get it all off.

I totally agree with this: Microfoliant is a great enzyme cleanser but I think it can be somewhat deceiving when you rinse it off. I remember when I first started using it I rinsed to what I thought felt like a clean skin...but afterwards i felt a little dry...So I gave myself an extra long rinse and lo ad behold - that slightly dry feeling was gone. I wouldn't be without Microfoliant.
Pudoodles
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Sometimes I mix the Microexfoliant with a foaming cleanser. I use it every other day.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
For those who have tried this as well as Philosophy's Microdelivery peel, how does it stack up?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |