Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
how do i take out the yellow in my skin tone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
myztic
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2005 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
hey you guys how do i take out the yellow in my skin tone? thats probably the only part i don't like about my complexion
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2005 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
The one amazing thing I saw when I started using a Vitamin C Serum is the color of my skin. I also had a tendency to get sallow. If you don't already use a Vit. C Serum I think it will help.

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
myztic
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2005 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
ok i know this may be a silly question but what in the world is a vitamin c serum?? like what is it used for? what does it do? etc...
kookykitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2005 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have strong yellow undertones, too, and I find that using powder with color correcting agents in it like purples or greens help to even my my coloring a bit. Guerlain makes them--Les Meteorites as does Physician's Formula. It's not a permanent solution, though, since it is just make up. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 4:13 am      Reply with quote
myztic wrote:
ok i know this may be a silly question but what in the world is a vitamin c serum?? like what is it used for? what does it do? etc...

Try reading this thread...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4181&highlight=vitamin+c+serum

Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 11:28 am      Reply with quote
ok so i did read that thread but i'm a bit slow today... what age do ppl usually start using vitc serums.. i'm only 19... and i read its used for anti aging.. well i aint in the anti aging phase yet? or am i hehe...
I just want to know for a 19 year old what are its benefits. and which ones you guys suggest for my skin... i don't break out much(Xcept for that time of the month... but i occasionally do break out on the side of my cheeks), combination skin.. I Just want the yellow out and to have a white base as opposed to a yellow one naturally.. not with foundation Smile

Thank you for your time you guys.. Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
My 14 yo daughter uses C serum about 3-5 x a week to help with her acne. Done her no harm at all and it helps with the acne a bit as well

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
There is no certain age to use C serum. It protects your skin from free radical damage caused by smoke, UV light and pollution. We can use protection from all that at any age. It also prevents and corrects hyperpigmentation (sunspots) and will brighten up your complexion, control over-producing oil glands, and change your skin texture. Along with Retin-A, Vitamin C serum (l-ascorbic acid) has a nice long history of proven benefits to the skin. The most popular brands used here are Vivier, skinceuticals and cellularskinrx.com. To start, you should use a 10% nonaqueous solution (if not mixing up fresh each day) with a ph of between 3-3.5 and packaged in a dark glass, preferably airless bottle. After about 4-8 weeks, you will see brightening effects. Longer use leads to skin firming through collagen synthesis and reduction of hyperpigmentation. C serum is terrific! I couldn't go without it!
myztic
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
ok but i tend to get cold sores on my lips when i eat oranges.. so i think i've got a bad reaction to citrus for my lips, would i still be able to use it on ur face?
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I am sure you will be fine. I can't eat citrus fruit at all...my mouth cannot handle it. Just start with a low percentage.

I wish I had started using a C serum when I was 19...you are lucky to be able to start now and prevent free-radical damage!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 21, 2005 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
winnie and faith, which ones do you guys use? Cuz they seem to be really expensive.. is there no free samples that i can get from anyone? Which ones have the best reviews Smile
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 4:26 am      Reply with quote
I use IS Clinical, and I think Winnie might use Janson Beckett. Cellular Skin Rx (www.cellularskinrx.com ) and PSF Skincare (www.psfskincare.com ) make affordable C serums, and both get good reviews!! You can also make your own...see the DIY thread if you are interested!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 11:15 am      Reply with quote
ok so i've seen on the forum a lot about people liking vivier, skinceuticals, cellularskinrx,jenson becketts c&c, and cellex-c... now what I want to know is which products from these lines? whats the name of the particular products? and for my skin type,age, etc out of those 4 which can you recommend.. i'd like one that doesnt make me look oily, can allow me to put make up on easily afterwards and would most take out my yellow undertone. I guess i'm just finding it hard with so many recommendations... its so confusing! please help meeeeeee choose the right one Smile which would give me results quicker?
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
myztic wrote:
ok so i've seen on the forum a lot about people liking vivier, skinceuticals, cellularskinrx,jenson becketts c&c, and cellex-c... now what I want to know is which products from these lines? whats the name of the particular products? and for my skin type,age, etc out of those 4 which can you recommend.. i'd like one that doesnt make me look oily, can allow me to put make up on easily afterwards and would most take out my yellow undertone. I guess i'm just finding it hard with so many recommendations... its so confusing! please help meeeeeee choose the right one Smile which would give me results quicker?

I am not sure about the "quickest" results. These products work over time. I would say that in about a month you should see some results, but it will continue to get better the longer you use them.

When looking at all of these lines, you are looking for a C serum. That is what the product is called.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |