Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
what causes broken cappillaries?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
myztic
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I just recently started using Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant as well as Makari (fairness cream) and although Makari seems to me directed to african americans I tried using it because it said it should work on fair skin as well. I have fair skin (2 shades darker than white but got a lot of yellow)...and I suddenly see to have broken out with red cappillaries near my nose (bout half a finger away)... do you think its most likely caused by the microfoliant? allergic to it? or the makari isn't agreeing with my skin cuz its not african american or a brown color skin? I heard if It should go away naturally in two days.. is that true?? i'm really scared cuz i mean its my face! and i'm only 20, i couldn't have messed it up like this... what can i do to make it go away besides buying creams? are they broken cappillaries?? they are like red scratches .. red lines.. Sad Sad i really dont know what to do.. i know i may be over reacting but all help would be greatly appreciated
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
If you are too vigorous with exfoliants, you can break capillaries right under the skin. Also, Retin-A has been known to cause broken caps in some people. You can get the caps zapped with a laser to remove them. I cannot remember which laser though.
myztic
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
how do u know if its broken cappillaries tho? and i dont feel that i scrubbed too hard at all.. like it didnt hurt or anything when i did it... do you think it'll fade away by itself?
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 20 and i have a couple already..you really have to be GENTLE with your skin...they do sound like broken caps...unfortunately, i've never had them naturally go away...and im using IPL which doesn't seem to work well on my stubborn skin. Some people simply can't use exfoliants on their skin...I hope they do go away, for your sake.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
well i asked my aunty and she said that it happens to her too when she doesnt agree with a product its like a rash cuz my skin doesnt agree... she said for her it goes away after like a week.. what do you guys think?
should i put ice on it or somethin, maybe the heat makes it worsE?
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I would not put anything on it for a few days and see what happens. If it doesn't go away or gets worse, you should consult with a derm.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Brick wall HI, MY DERM DR JUST STARTED ME ON RENOVA FOR FINE LINE AND WRINKLES... BUT I HAVE ROSACIA AND A TON OF BROKEN CAPS FROM MY CHEEK TO MY JAWLINE. YUCK. HE SAID LASER FOR THE CAPS.. WELL INS. WONT PAY. BUT NOW THEY ARE GETTING IN MY EYES... MAYBE INS. WILL PAY. IM STARTING TO TAKE A MED. FOR THE EYESL. AND I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE RENOVA. I CAN DEAL WITH THIS ROAD MAP ON MY FACE. MINERAL FOUDATIONS HELP VERY WELL.. BARE ESCENUALS. COVERS COMPLEATLY.. BUT IS LIKE TO REST IN THE WRINKLES AND I CANT STAND IT. AND I HAVE BEEN USING THE ESTEE LAUDER LINE OF CREAMS . YOU NAME IT I GOT IT. NOW WITH RENOVA I DONT KNOW WHAT TO PUT ON AT NIGHT Question IM ALL SCREWED UP. WANNA GO TO CHICAGO ? FOLLOW THE LINES ON MY FRIGGIN FACE....... lassie1234 Embarassed Rolling Eyes Shock
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
lassie1234,

politely butting in, if you don't mind, can you not post in all caps? It is considered shouting... Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Embarassed sorry.. i dont realize that im doing that.im really not shouting. your the 2nd person writing me about that. its just a habit. and i forget to change it... hope im not giving the wrong impression. Embarassed
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
lassie1234 wrote:
Embarassed sorry.. i dont realize that im doing that.im really not shouting. your the 2nd person writing me about that. its just a habit. and i forget to change it... hope im not giving the wrong impression. Embarassed

It's OK Very Happy You are new to the forum. It is just easier to read when not in caps. Have a good night.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 3:59 am      Reply with quote
FYI - rinsing your face with water that is too hot or too cold can also cause broken caps, as can blowing your nose too vigorously – trust me on this, Allergies are the Official State Illness of Texas!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Shock wow....thanks for that info. i do use hot water and i do blow my nose alot too. but will it brake the caps in my eyes ?? did ya ever hear of that one ??? i didnt. Cool
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 4:31 am      Reply with quote
I got some broken capilaries on my chest during pregnancy, and I have been using Dr. Hauschkas rythmic night conditioner (the small expensive little glass-tubes with liquid inside) and they have been helping. I put most on my face, the dab some on my broken capilaries (it's amazing for your face). I don't swear by it, and they are really expensive (but you can find them on a european website cheaper:www.bce-europe.com)...they are not completely fone, but faded and look like just little tiny red dots. Very Happy
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I haven't done it yet but I am going to have my caps treated with an RF technique. Someone here told me that this works better than laser or IPL and my MD agrees. She also said that microdermabrasion can definately aggravate broken caps.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 9:29 am      Reply with quote
lassie1234 wrote:
Shock wow....thanks for that info. i do use hot water and i do blow my nose alot too. but will it brake the caps in my eyes ?? did ya ever hear of that one ??? i didnt. Cool

That is actually a more severe case of rosacea...If you research it, they have 3 stages ...one where its just redness and maybe some broken caps...2nd, pimples and inflammations may form..and then the eyes get irritated and can water...and i think the worst is when the nose um..swells. that one is more common in men...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 10:23 am      Reply with quote
hi, well my eyes are red and watery.. face is a road mad and red my nose is very red but no bumps at this time in my life !!!!!!!!!!!! im starting a oral medication for my eyes.. we'll see what happens...dr now has me on renava for lines and wrinkles..
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Lassie,

I'm politely putting in my 2 cents. Smile

Perhaps holding off on the Renova until you figure how to treat your rosacea might be a thought to ponder.. Question I think there is a Rx product called Metrogel that helps with rosacea. Please, please do NOT take my word for it though. I have read somewhere online about an Rx product that helps with this condition. I'm jsut not certain of name. It sounds too me that your broken caps really bother you and this is why I suggested you may want to hold off on the Renova.

I think you'll find loads of info here on the forum, and there are a heap of sweet people as well. Hope this helps.Very Happy

Lisa

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
I think what happened is I exfoliated too much and so I didnt leave enough layers on my skin (dont laugh at me if im wrong! hehe)... and now my skin is thin which is why my capillaries are showing, so now that i'm gonna start using a vitamin c serum do you guys think that itll make my skin thicker and the caps will disappear?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |