Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My nose is always red
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sasuke

Sun May 22, 2005 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
This is my first time posting on forum and I desperately need some recommendations about how to tone down the redness of my nose. I have tried several different foundations and concealers as well as green makeup in order to counteract the redness. After applying the makeup and powdering, about 10 minutes later the product absorbs into my skin and the redness begins peaking through. Within a couple hours, my nose is as red as ever. I don't think I have rosacea but my nose has for several years had a more inflamed red color than the rest of my face. The problem is that I have a big nose and I am trying to detract away from it. The redness just makes it more prominent. I would really appreciate any advice on creams, makeup, vitamins, etc., that people have used to effectively treat this problem. Thank you so much.

Sasuke
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
My nose tends to get redder then the rest of my face as well Confused I've been using a lot of products for sensitive skin which have definately helped. I actually asked my derm last time I was there and he told me it was to do with how close the blood vessels were to the skins surface (they are really close so heat and irritation show through the skin if that makes sense). Same reason why I get flushed when I exercise. I'm just careful now not to irritate it and once I put my JI powder on you can't even notice it. My friends little brother thinks it's funny to go around squeezing people's noses, little does he know the trauma he's causing me Laughing my nose will be red for ages if someone squeezes it Laughing Your case may be different though, have you checked with someone to make sure it's not rosacea?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2005 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
You might want to give this a go. It will stay put until you take it off. The secret is learning to blend.

Jane Iredale CoverCare Camouflage

True camouflage to cover bruising after facial surgery.
Extremely effective in covering birthmarks, scarring, hyperpigmentation, etc.
Use with a camouflage brush to get even coverage and ultimate control.
Mix loose minerals with CoverCare if you want to change the color, then thin with moisturizer.
When it dries it will stay on the skin until removed with a cleanser.
Apply Mineral Powders over it and be sure to feather the edges with flocked sponge.

Jane Iredale products have very good coverage. You can view them right here on EDS.

BTW it is amazing what you can do with makeup to enhance or detract from a facial feature. If one has a long nose you would just put a tad of a slightly darker color (with a brush) at the very tip. If a nose is wide you would highlight down the very center with a lighter color and along the sides with a darker color.Nice technique when you want to look your best. I couldn't be bothered doing this on a daily basis but it makes a real difference. Takes practice.

Check out LaurenHutton.com. These products don't have the coverage you are looking for but shows you this technique. I love LH's face disc. Half the products in it I don't use but others are a must for me.

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |