Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

More fun with Minerals: BE Goddess Kit
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
cheezwiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 1:42 am      Reply with quote
I wanted some more BE colours to play with, and had read great reviews of this kit on MUA. I bravely made my first internet purchase via E-bay and received the kit a few days ago. This was before I realized that EDS is now selling this item! Anyway I managed to get it at a bit of a savings by E-bay. I was very excited to get my hands on it as it supposedly ideal for fair/cool-toned women.

The kit comes in a cute little cardboard box with a mirrored lid. When you open the box you find:

A wee little 14-month calendar with several application tips included.

A nice velveteen drawstring pouch containing a blush brush, & 2 eyeshadow brushes along with:

All-over face colour in Gossamer: This is meant to give your face a glow (along the lines of clear radiance). Instead of being coloured, it is a shimmery white/gold powder. Personally, I can't imagine using this as an all over colour, as it is waaaay to shiny and sparkly. Nice as a brow or cheekbone highlighter, but inappropriate unless you're heading to a nightclub.

Glimmer in Trust: Very pretty pale pink shade with LOTS of gold shimmer. I was hoping to see more pink on my lid, but when applied, its the gold that is most noticeable. Still it is very pretty and soft looking. More shiny & and dramatic when applied wet.

Glimpse in Intuition: A medium grapey mauve -again with lots of shimmer. Very nice as a crease colour or even as a liner.

Liner shadow in Humor: This appears to be a very dark mossy green in the pot, but doesn't apply that way. Like the other two shadows, it also has an abundance of gold shimmer, & does not really seem intense enough to work as a liner. I tried it both wet & dry, and found it more suitable as a crease colour. Its a very pretty shade of green, and because my eyes are green, I'm sure I'll have fun playing with it.

Blush in Compassion: This appears to be a dark cool-toned merlot colour in the pot, but didn't turn out that way on my skin. In fact it applied warmer looking than I would have liked. Its not unnatural, but even small amounts look very red on my cheeks. Rather than a pretty flush, the colour is too reminiscent of my own splotchy skin discolourations!!! I think I need something brighter, softer & cooler than this shade. Sadly, EDS was out of the "Heaven" blush I ordered Crying or Very sad In the meantime, I'm mixing a bit of cultured pearl glimpse to soften the redness.

Lipliner in Earth: This is an automatic pencil in a nice neutral brownish shade . Looooove this liner - can't wait to get more shades from BE. Glides on smooth as silk without pulling. Colour is even. Would look great under a gloss.

Lipgloss in Gossamer: Basically a clear gloss with lots of golden shimmer (Identical shade to the all-over face colour). I really like the texture of BE glosses, so I'm sure I will use this one lots.

Lip Bud in Love: This is a tinted lip balm in a long slim lipstick case. It looks like an extremely bright pink in the tube, but goes on virtually colourless. I liked it well enough, but would have preferred something with more colour to play around with.

I will say that BE products are very nicely packaged, and kits seem to be a much better value than purchasing individual items seperately. This kit was very good value for what I paid, and contained lots of items. Even the ones that don't suit me can be used for other things.

I think the colours are actually more universal than I expected - so warmer toned gals who like BE might also want to consider this kit. wave

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |