Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Frownies?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Luminée
5% products discount

Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know of these or alternatives?

Please advise.

Also where can you get them in Vancouver?
Mabsy

Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, how interesting, I've never seen anything like this product. You can apparently get it at http://www.superdrugmart.ca/Pages/newprod_09.html
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I just talked about Frownies on the "wierd beauty habits" topic. I've been using Frownies for a couple of years now and they work MAGIC on a deep frown line I was developing between by eyebrows. If I don't wear one I wake up in the morning with a huge crease. They are not for people with crow's feet or mouth lines - but work wonders for "excessive night-time frowners". Hee!
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Zazu, I loved your story about the frowning at night as I have the same problem! What is the patch made of, and is it painful? Where do you buy them? What are the ingredients? Sorry for the 20 questions, but I think I'd like to try this! :P
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi thoughtcrime! Yes, the Frownies are funny yet oh so effective, for me at least. You can get them at some drugstores and also online. They are simply triangular pieces of paper with a light adhesive material on the back. You lick the back, then put the paper on totally dry and clean skin, smoothing out the area of the frown line so that the Frownie lays on flat skin, not frowning skin. Press down on the Frownie, and then go to bed! When you wake up in the morning, simply peel the Frownie off, taking care not to yank it off in a way that will pull at the skin too roughly. Peeling it off doesn't hurt AT ALL - just feels like a very light piece of tape coming off a hairless spot like the inside of your arm or something. I am a total believer - but only for people who wake up with a big red crease from frowning all night. Does this help?
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Zazu. Thanks to you I'll have to search my drug store for these! :P
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Zazu,
do you have to wear these long term, or does this problem Sad get corrected eventually? thanks :P
Mabsy

Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I was looking through http://www.adiscountbeauty.com/index.html yesterday on a search of the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque (and reasonable international postage rates) and found that this site sells Frownies as well. They've got a few of the Frownies range products and I think they are currently having a sale on them. They have two different types of the Frownies stickers; ones for the forehead and also ones for the corners of eyes and mouth. I have not bought anything from this site before though so I'm not sure how reputable it is.

Btw, allow me to take this opportunity to vent about something. Why do so many shops charge ridiculous international postage rates?! I did a search for the Queen Helene mask yesterday and most of the shops either don't ship overseas (which I can understand) or they charge over US$30 to send a 8oz product to Australia. And we're not even talking express post! Surprised Thank God for EDS and their low shipping rates! Very Happy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out.

Have you used Queen Helene products before, if so what do you think? I am not a big fan. I've tried the Mint Julep Masque and IMO it's just average. In the U.S. they are really cheap and sold in the drug store for like U.S. $3 or something like that, if you want me to send you one let me know. Wink
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi thoughtcrime - sadly, I think that if you want to minimize that nasty crease, you have to continue to wear them. And even then, its a minimizer and not a "cure" for our nighttime frowning. What I want to know is, why are we frowning so much while we sleep? What are we frowning at? Smile

Also Frownies does make two types - one for the forehead and one for the corners of the eyes and mouth (they used to call them "Wrinkies" - seriously!). In my opinion, and in the opinion of some dermatologist who reviewed Frownies in InStyle (Allure?) recently, the Wrinkies version are not effective - we usually don't use the eye and mouth muscles at night. However, excessive frowning is much more common. I (as well as this review) think that Frownies only make a real difference if you do this severe frowning.

ps: I first used the Queen Helene mask in grammar school when I dressed as a mummy for Halloween - it was so great! I've used it a couple of times since then and found it very drying - but now am not sure if that's what it's supposed to do? Anyway, I agree with thoughtcrime: average.
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
But Mabsy - if it works for you then who cares what I think. It all depends on the skin type, anyway.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:54 pm      Reply with quote

Quote:

Hi thoughtcrime - sadly, I think that if you want to minimize that nasty crease, you have to continue to wear them. And even then, its a minimizer and not a "cure" for our nighttime frowning. What I want to know is, why are we frowning so much while we sleep? What are we frowning at? Smile

Zazu, that's terrible that the problem doesn't get corrected Sad I know, are we having bad dreams all the time Surprised
Mabsy

Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:48 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime & Zazu,

Thank you for your experiences with the Queen Helene mask. I'm a bit disappointed to hear that you were not too fond of it because it's something that I have wanted to try for a long time (yet I forgot to get my mum to get it while she was in the US :MAD: ). Because I've wanted to try it for a long time I'm going to have to get it and see what it's like. Otherwise it will bug me for ages and I will eventually end up buying it anyway Smile One more thing, is this mask tingly? It has 'mint' in the name so I'm hoping it's nice and tingly Smile

Thoughtcrime - thank you for offering to get it for me. That's very sweet. I have emailed for a shipping quote from thatwww.adiscountbeaty.com place but have not got a reply yet. If I don't get a 'satisfactory' reply from them within the next few days I might take you up on that offer (if it's not too much trouble for you). Do you have a PayPal account by any chance?

Thanks Smile
Mabsy.
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy - I don't remember an actual tingle from the mask, but it does have a somewhat minty smell. It is super thick and somewhat pasty in its consistency. Yes - you should try it! It might be great for some skin types. It's been ages since I tried it. I would also be happy to get it for you - it's only around $3 USD...I know that thoughtcrime has already made the offer...
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:17 am      Reply with quote
These Frownies reminded me that I still had the "Cortry Remedy for Eye" eye pastors my friend brought back for me from Shanghai!! I still haven't been game enough to give them a go yet and as the box looked so cool, it just sat in my bookshelf !Surprised:P
Unlike the overnight forehead Frownies, these rounded adhesive strips go underneath the eyes and you leave them there for 15-20 mins to do their 'work' then take them off.... as I haven't tried them out yet can't elaborate.

Zazu, these Frownies sound intriguing, but I'm also curious as to how come people frown so much during sleep?? It's amazing that there's a market geared at sleeping 'frownies'. Anyhow... I'm glad to hear they work for you. Smile I'm curious as to what they're made our of? The eye pastors from Shanghai are made up of a concoction of Chinese herbs-- I listed them all in my review dedicated to eyes one time! I had and still have an obsession with eyes....hehe! Very Happy

Summertimegirl
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi summertime girl!
I have no idea why some people frown so intensly while sleeping, but let me tell you, it is a big pain in terms of my quest for beautiful skin! A groove is forming between my eyebrows, and I notice that I look sort of "angry" in pictures, or if I catch a look at myself in the mirror. Sometimes people even ask, "Are you okay?" because it looks like my brow is furrowed. This is what people say who get Botox injections - they don't want to look angry all the time!

Re: your question about what they are made of, Frownies are simply small triangular pieces of paper with a light adhesive on the back, much like the adhesive on the flap of an envelope. You simply lick the back, and smooth out your skin a bit and press the Frownie on your forehead trouble spot.

Does anyone else have this nighttime frowning problem - and have any suggestions about combating the "angry groove" between eyebrows that doesn't involve Botox? The bad thing about Frownies is that you must use them on totally clean skin - no creme or serum at ALL or the Frownie won't adhere or will fall of while sleeping. Grrrr...
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Zazu!

You got me thinking when you mentioned the groove forming between your eyebrows.... Since you live 8,000 feet above sea level and are pretty close to the sun, I can't help thinking that you might be squinting quite a bit when you're outside. I do that too even when I'm wearing sunglasses (theoretically you shouldn't have to) and they're the same muscles that get used. Do you wear sunglasses or a hat?? You mentioned that snow gets reflected off the ground too, so you're getting rays from both angles. So could it be that you're over-squinting? If you have a restful and untroubled sleep, I can't figure else why you'd be frowing.....just a thought. Smile

On the Botox front, the flip side to that is some people end up with a stunned rabbit look, where their muscles have been so frozen that they're incapable of showing any emotion except for 'surprise'. Surprised I guess that's in the 'extreme' though, I'm sure there are lots of success stories to its benefits.

Sorry Zazu, I should have been more specific but I was wondering what are the active ingredients in the Frownies.

Summertimegirl xWink
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, it's no problem at all. Just let me know if you want me to send the mask to you. I can't use my u2u for some reason, damn imac computer, so why don't you e-mail me at thoughtcrime@appleisp.net
I'm about to close this account in a few weeks so I have no problem with posting my e-mail on this forum, for all you unknown stalkers not part of the EDS forum clan that are lurking about, hee hee.
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Good points about squinting! I do squint, but not too much because I wear wraparound UVA/B sunglasses whenever I'm outside (doubles as additional protection of that oh-so-delicate skin around the eye!)...I've seriously frowned in my sleep for years, even when I was living in cloudy Boston. I have no idea why! I do know that I had a friend who frowned even more intensly than I did and when she woke up in the morning had these major deep red creases between her eyebrows!

summertime girl, sorry about my confusion re: the active ingredients in Frownies. I've scoured the box they come in and there is no "ingredient" listing. The material that adheres the Frownie to your face has no skin benefit ingredients - it is simply a light form of glue. The sole use of a Frownie is to "hold on" to the skin so that you can't frown. I imagine the actual ingredients would be the same as for the adhesive on an envelope flap. The haven't caused me any irritation at all, however. Sorry I can't be more helpful - the box has NO information about it.
Mabsy

Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by thoughtcrime
I'm about to close this account in a few weeks so I have no problem with posting my e-mail on this forum, for all you unknown stalkers not part of the EDS forum clan that are lurking about, hee hee.

LOL

Thank you Thoughtcrime, I'll be sure to fire off an email your way tonight Wink

Zazu - thank you for your offer as well. It's so nice to be able to ask people to get you something that is not easily accessible to you. If you ever need anything from Australia don't hesitate to let me know Smile

Re: frowning. I don't think I have the problem with frowning while I sleep. But I do tend to do it when I read (particularily technical textbook stuff) or when I'm outside in the sun. I find that even with my sunglasses I still squint, probably just out of habit. I really need to put a stop to this somehow....
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Zazu,

Thanks for the info re: the ingredients in the Frownies albeit no ingredients :P ...anway I'm glad they work for you if you notice a difference in the mornings. As for why we frown in our sleep there's no one explanation for it.... I know a friend who has to wear a mouth guard to bed as she grinds her teeth in her sleep, to the point of wearing down her bite. As it's all in the subconscious, and we're none the wiser.... it's like sleep-walking! You don't know you're doing it until someone wakes you up.

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
zazu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Exactly - just like sleepwalking or grinding. I was sort of joking earlier when I posed the question about "why" I frowned --- it just seems so odd since I don't have much to frown about, yet I do it SO intensely! Wierd...
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |