Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jurlique Face Wash Cream, Concentrate, Make up remover
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 3:59 am      Reply with quote
3 in 1 review! I'm using them together so it makes sense to review them like this.

I like these. After trying the Dr.Hauschka version that didn't really suit my skin (pores seemed more blocked but skin felt soft Confused ) I was a little concerned about trying it BUT I liked the herbal recovery gel and wanted to give more of the range a try.

First impressions.
It is more chunky than the Dr.Hauschka wash and smelt better!

The concentrate smelt of lavender - when it hits the water it turns milky.

The make up remover, reminds me of sweet oil, melissa? but it's not on the ingredient list? This is like a thin lotion.

Usage

Morning, concentrate, cream
Evening, make up remover.

I am first used the lavender concentrate in water and pressed the wet cloth on my face about 10 times(while I have oilier skin and the lavender is for normal/dry, lavender is good for all skins and balances the skin.
I then use the wash cream and massage my face in sections.

Results
So far no adverse reactions and I like the fact that I'm using plant/herb/essential oil based products for a change.

I would recommend using BOTH the concentrate and the cream if you have tried the Dr.H and didn't see results or it clogged your pores.
Perhaps just using the concentrate would work but I don't seem to be left with a film on my skin after using the cream that I got from Dr.H.

So I reckon I'll be buying the larger version very soon Smile

At night I'm using the make up remover - nothing special nor can I say anything bad about it, it's very gentle, smells and feels nice and has not broke me out which is all I ask of a cleanser.

I will say my face is looking fresher from this new regime and I would buy them all again.

I've also been trying the face oil and day lotion - reviews to follow Wink

Wed May 25, 2005 4:36 am      Reply with quote
I think Jurlique cleansing routine is excellent for unclogging pores and really cleaning skin well without drying and stripping the skin.

Even though I don't use Jurlique products any more (just because I'm a product junkie that can't make up her mind) I still soften my face with warm water and a washcloth before cleansing at night.
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I've recently started using Jurlique Face Wash Cream too - haven't tried Dr H CC so I can't make a comparision between the two but I LOVE IT!! I'm so impressed by the way it exfoliates and deep cleans but is so gentle that my skin could go without moisturiser afterwards. I'm about to purchase a new cleanser but can't decide which one...

Eve - is the make up remover/cleanser you got the one that smells slightly like orange? I'm leaning towards it but am scared it's gona break me out. What skin type are you? Is Herbal Recovery Gel worth the money?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 2:19 am      Reply with quote
princesita wrote:

Eve - is the make up remover/cleanser you got the one that smells slightly like orange? I'm leaning towards it but am scared it's gona break me out. What skin type are you? Is Herbal Recovery Gel worth the money?

It might smell of orange, I find it hard to tell it reminds me of kali (uk peeps of a certain age should remember this)it's orange in colour Laughing

I tend to be combi/oily-hormonal breakouts.

When I first used the Gel I didn't think much of it, I was trying to many different things so I didn't give it a proper chance.
Now I really like it and find it very soothing, especially if you want something oil free at night when you're having an oil slick issue! Hope that helps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks eve, I think I'll leave the gel on my to-try list for now. I've got heaps of other stuff here that I need to finish first! Too many products and only one face Laughing

Thu May 26, 2005 6:06 am      Reply with quote
princesita wrote:
I've recently started using Jurlique Face Wash Cream too - haven't tried Dr H CC so I can't make a comparision between the two but I LOVE IT!! I'm so impressed by the way it exfoliates and deep cleans but is so gentle that my skin could go without moisturiser afterwards. I'm about to purchase a new cleanser but can't decide which one...

I have tried both the Jurlique and the Dr Hasuchka and found the results to be very similar. Both are great gentle exfoliating products and both do a great job at decongesting the skin and minimising pores for me. Some might prefer the Jurlique smell - I have never had any issues with the Dr Hauschka scent but I know that some people don't like it. Btw, the Jurlique is a chunkier product as it does have pieces of flowers etc whereas the Dr Hauschka cleansing cream is based purely on extracts. The only problem I have with the chunks of flowers is that they get stuck in my hairline Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 7:49 am      Reply with quote
it can look like a bad case of dandruff Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Princesita- Get a sample of the Herbal Recovery Gel from EDS! I was really hoping I wouldn't like it (I was already thinking ahead to the $124 bottle of it!) but both that and the Neck Serum are fantabulous!

I have dehydrated oily skin (mid-20s) and almost everything makes my skin more shiny. The only things I've tried so far that haven't (underneath my Obabi spf 35) are the Herbal Recovery Gel, Carita's Le Visage Matifying Multi-Protection Fluid, and Anna-Lisa Morning Moisture N/O/S. This is so far, though!

The Jurlique has made my skin softer than it's ever been before and doesn't feel heavy at all. I honestly love the rosy scent, too. It does add a little bit of a dewier glow than I'd have just using the JI Absence and the Rose Silk Dust, but my skin feels so great with it I think it's totally worth it!

To me, it's totally worth the money (and hopefully it's not an "at least at this point in time" deal!) I plan on making it a staple. (I was actually scared to try it for a while after a MUA-er likened it to a certain male-bodily fluid. I thought it would scar me forever with it! But I was safe. Very Happy )

As an afterthought, though, Dr. H's CC didn't do much for me, at least not as much as the Microfoliant. The CC had a nice smell and feel for me, and it didn't make my skin react at all, but I actually felt like I could see "more" blackheads after using it once a day for 3 weeks (5 minutes at a time, although after cutting it down to 2-3 minutes, it really helped it perform a bit better for me.) If I alternate it daily with the Microfoliant, my skin couldn't look better. So I don't know, cutting the CC out of my routine enables my Herbal Recovery Gel purchase that much more. Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
The Jurlique face wash cream is the one that’s supposed to be like Dr. H CC, right? Would you mind posting the ingredients for me? (I want to see if I can try to make some myself...) Also, can you tell me if you have to use the same press/roll/knead application technique for the Jurlique that is required of the DHCC?

TIA,
Carrie

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
carekate - these are the ingredients for the Jurlique face wash cream:

Prunus dulcis (Almond); Avena sativa (Oat); Aqua (Water); Herbal Extract Mixture from: Calendula officinalis, Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria), Bellis perennis (Daisy), Rosa gallica (Rose), Viola odorata, Althaea officinalis (Marshmallow), Equisetum arvense (Horsetail), Camellia sinensis (Green Tea), Vitis vinifera (Grape Seed), Curcuma longa (Turmeric); Glycerin; Alcohol ; Sesamum indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil; Glyceryl Cocoate; Honey; Macadamia ternifolia Seed Oil; Daucus carota sativa (Carrot) Root Extract; Xanthan Gum; Triticum vulgare ( Wheat) Bran Extract; Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C); Hydroxymethylglycinate; Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium) Leaf Oil; Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil; Lactic Acid; Citrus grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract; Tocopherol (Vitamin E).

It says on the website to mix about 4cm of the cream with a few drops of warm water and then press it onto your face with your fingertips - no scrubbing, the same as Dr H.

rusalka - now you're making me re-think putting herbal recovery gel on my "to try" list Laughing It's cheaper over here too... Very Happy I might see if I can get some samples from a local store on the weekend.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
wave Hi all,

For those of you that use the cleansing cream do you use a separate cleanser first and then the cc? Also would you say that the cc is a good exfoliator?? I currently use PTR Buffing Beads and am looking to try something new.

I recv'd some Jurlique products for Xmas last year(Herbal Rec. Gel, Neck Serum and Day Care Face Cream-too heavy now with the warm weather) and since then I have been eyeing the CC. Can't make up my mind yet. Your help is appreciated. Smile Thanks

Lisa

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Lifeplyr01 - yup you use a separate cleanser to take off your make up and then the CC, it's more like a deep cleanse exfoliant combo. I have just swapped over from using Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant and find that it keeps my skin just as smooth and exfoliated but leaves a bit more moisture on there afterwards if that makes sense. It's winter here now so I need all the moisture I can get Laughing I never thought I'd give up Microfoliant and the Jurlique CC is a little bit weird if you're used to a "conventional" exfoliant (no scrubbing, and it's more of a chunky paste) but it's very effective.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Princesita for your input. Very Happy

I have a voucher from EDS that I am going to use and might try the CC. I also have my eye on a PTR daytime moisturizer. But I really am lemming an exfoliant! Cool Thanks again!

Lisa

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Your welcome Lisa! Totally off the topic of Jurlique but I just noticed ur in VA, I'm going to be there in August for a few months. Norfolk is near Virgina Beach isn't it?

Fri May 27, 2005 7:16 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Also, can you tell me if you have to use the same press/roll/knead application technique for the Jurlique that is required of the DHCC?

I use exactly the same technique with both the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream and the Jurlique one. I also get the same great results with both. The two products are very similar (almost the same I would say, apart from the larger chunks of flowers etc Smile)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 8:01 am      Reply with quote
looking at the ingredients it appears (to me) that the Dr.H has more oil in it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Princesita~

Yes Norfolk is near Virginia Beach, not really far at all Exclamation

Traffic wise it might take you abit to get here, depending on the time of day. PM for info on fun things to do, etc! Very Happy

Lisa

**Gosh, I'm anal, edited to correct spelling. Embarassed

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |