Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: Decleor Cleansing Oil review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:43 am      Reply with quote
I added this to my last order based on Leeleedeedee's previous recommendation and I have to say that I am definitely NOT disappointed with this product! Thanks Leeleedeedee Very Happy

It comes in a 250mL bottle with a twist-open type cap underneath which is a plug with a small hole to let some of the product out. I wish this came with a pump type dispenser, but hey, I can live without it.

First of all this cleanser is absolutely wonderful at removing eye makeup. It's as if my eye makeup sees this coming and decides to take a run for it Smile I guess it's not surprising though. I've heard people say that baby oil is great at removing eye makeup and this is oil too. However, while this is oil, it is a very light type of oil and smells WAY better than baby oil too.

Secondly this does a nice job of cleansing my face without drying it out. It rinses clean and doesn't leave any residue on my face. I have combo skin btw. I use a wet Bioelements sponge disc thingamagig to wipe it off and then rinse with warm water. Voila! Nice clean skin!

I would say that it's right up there with my Eve Lom cleanser. I've just ordered YonKa Gel Nettoyant (couldn't resist after Lisa's review Smile) so there's a possibility that I might end up with three 'favourite' cleansers soon. I'll keep you posted of course! :P

Mabsy.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Decleor Huile Demaquillante Cleansing Oil (250 ml / 8.4 Fl.oz.)
Decleor Huile Demaquillante Cleansing Oil (250 ml / 8.4 Fl.oz.)

For once oil and water are in total harmony. Applied on dry skin, this non-greasy oil is transformed on contact with water into an emulsion which is easy to rinse off.
Key ingredients: Sweet almond oil, plant esters.
Benefits: The ideal product for busy women who wear waterproof make-up. Easy practical and modern, it can be used on the face, eyes and lips.

leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Hello Mabsy,

So glad you liked the cleansing oil. I'm relieved - just kidding. I think it's hard not to like this cleanser because it's good for all skin types, takes off makeup even around the eye area and, like you said, leaves no oily residue. It's great stuff. A cleanser that I, myself, may repurchase soon.

Great review. You certainly write better than I do!
siri
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I'm just wondering if any of you use contact lenses, and if so, do you get that oil-feeling on the eyes/lenses with this product? And which toner do you use with this? I think I must try this one, too Smile

I am using Decleor cleanser+toner with essential oils and essential waters now, and I am very pleased with these, but I need quite a lot of the product -do you need much of the cleansing oil at the time?

Thanks.. Smile
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Hello Siri,

I always take out my contact lenses before cleansing, so I can't help you there.

The cleansing oil goes on oily. Because of this you don't need all that much because it spreads nicely on the face and around the eyes. However, when you wash it off there isn't a trace of oil left on the face. Your face feels nice and soft. I didn't break out with the oil. If I don't break out then no one will as I have the most sensitive skin on the planet. I hope this helps you a little.
siri
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Thank you leeleedeedee Smile

I am buying this when I finish the one I am currently using. I like that this one removes eyemakeup also, because now I need a separate eyemakeup remover.

I am using those new types of contact lenses which you can wear day+night for a month (love them!) you see, so products that creates "deep fog" won't work Smile

Mabsy

Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Leeleedeedee and Siri,

First of all I don't wear contact lenses so I can't help you there, sorry Siri. I HAVE contact lenses but I also have some weird fear of touching my eye so while I can put them in I can never take them out. That leaves my other half (who wears contacts on a regular basis) or tweezers (*shudder*) as my only 'get them out of there' options. Neither of them are good options let me tell you! Smile Perhaps I should look into the type of contact lenses you have! Wink

See if you can get a sample of the oil with your next order first before you buy the full size. You only need a bit of this oil each time so the 250mL will last a fair bit. No point in buying such a huge bottle if you find that you can't use it. If you're not ordering anything from EDS in the near future I can send you a bit of mine to try. I have an empty Decleor toner sample bottle which would do nicely as the 'transportation device' Smile Send me a message if you'd like me to send it to you. The Decleor Tonifying Lotion is what I have been using with the oil (until today when the sample ran out). I've ordered the Phytomer Rose Visage toner so I shall start using that whenever it arrives.

Leeleedeedee - this is a great product. I'm sure you would have been quite confident that I would like it Smile I don't see how anyone would NOT like it. Glad you liked my review but remember that yours was persuasive enough to make me want to try it in the first place! :P

Mabsy.
siri
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:43 am      Reply with quote
You are so sweet, Mabsy, thank you so much for the offer! I am placing an EDS-order in the near future, so I will ask for a sample of this then. But I must say -I am moved by how nice all of you are!! Smile

Tweezers and contacts, OUCH! Be careful! Or try the contacts I am using, they are amazing. I have been using lenses for almost 15 years, and these are the only ones that I don't feel on my eye at all, anytime. And they are safe to wear day+night for 30 days! They are called Focus day and night, I guess they are available all over the world. It is so great to get up in the morning with perfect vision Smile

leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Hello Siri and Mabsy,

Siri, I know what you mean about the contact lenses. I also have the kind you can wear day and night, but I prefer to take them out at night. These lenses still offer a great advantage because, like you said, they are very comfortable, so if I happen to have a very, very long day my lenses still feel sooooo comfortable in my eyes even after 18 hours or longer. However, for some strange reason I still like to sleep without the lenses. I understand the problem you must have when choosing a cleanser. I don't know if this cleansing oil would leave a film on your lenses, but I can imagine that some cleansers must. A sample is the perfect solution.

Mabsy, thank you, as always, for the kind words. You really must find a way to remove your lenses so you can wear them. Try to find a way that is comfortable for you, because you are missing out on the joy of wearing contacts. I put my lenses in and remove them in a way that is totally different from how my optometrist showed me because I wasn't comfortable with his method and chose my own. I hope you can do it.

So glad you're enjoying the cleansing oil. Decleor really does make some beautiful products.
Mabsy

Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Getting tweezers anywhere near your eye is not a good idea Smile But the problem I have with removing contacts stems from the fact that I just can't bring myself to put any pressure on my eye. I'm also wearing dailys (Focus) and I've been told that they have a higher water content and have more 'grip' when they sit in your eye. Not quite sure how true that is.

Either way the ONLY thing I can do is move the lens to the corner of my eye but I can't actually get it out. So since the lens scrunches up in the corner I take tweezers and get it out Surprised It's a daily so it gets thrown away anyway. I realise that's not the best way to go but I've tried so many different ways to get it out and still haven't found one that works for me. Putting it in is not a problem because the lens just sort os seems to get sucked onto my eye. I'm sure I've seen the Focus monthlys advertised so I might look into it.
daisyatl
5% products discount

Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
hi--i just got my order but am a little unclear as to how to use it. the directions say to apply with a cotton pad and then lather. so do i apply it to dry skin, then add water, lather and rinse?

thanks!
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've never tried Decleor cleansing oil.. but with DHC and SKII that i've tried. It's apply on dry face, massage, and rinse off with water.

Oh, and don't forget to tell us how you like it.. because i'm also interested Very Happy
Sadie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I have been so curious to try this, I might just give it a go!!
Mabsy

Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:13 am      Reply with quote
daisyatl wrote:
hi--i just got my order but am a little unclear as to how to use it. the directions say to apply with a cotton pad and then lather. so do i apply it to dry skin, then add water, lather and rinse?

thanks!

I haven't used this for a while but I'm pretty sure that I didn't use any cotton pads with it (although often there is more than one way of using a cleanser). I poured some onto my hand, applied to a dry face and then emulsified with water. Massaged for a bit and then rinsed off.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I just recently got this with my last order & I'm quite pleased with its make-up removing ability...especially stubborn eye make-up Wink I also really like the herbal smell & the fact that my skin doesn't feel dry after cleansing anymore.
Mabsy

Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I used this just the other day because I have recently started using the Dermalogica Precleanse and I wanted to compare the two. I noticed that while the Precleanse *is* good, it does *not* remove mascara as easily as the Decleor cleansing oil does. The Precleanse is somehow less oily feeling that the Decleor and I think this might, perhaps in part, be the reason.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
That's great Mabsy - I was just about to PM you asking for a comparison of Precleanse and Decleor Laughing So which do you like better overall? I have oily skin and am considering to try the Decleor because it's cheaper than Precleanse.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:34 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I used this just the other day because I have recently started using the Dermalogica Precleanse and I wanted to compare the two. I noticed that while the Precleanse *is* good, it does *not* remove mascara as easily as the Decleor cleansing oil does. The Precleanse is somehow less oily feeling that the Decleor and I think this might, perhaps in part, be the reason.

My thoughts exactly. I find the Decleor cleanser does a better job at getting rid of eye make-up but does tend to leave a bit of an oily residue on my face. Whereas the Dermalogica pre-cleanse doesn't leave as much of a residue.
Mabsy

Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:13 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I read this at work today and decided that I needed to do a side-by-side comparison for sormuimui when I got home. So, here we go:

Decleor does indeed feel oilier. This makes it somewhat easier to spread, although this is relative as both the Decleor and Dermalogica are easy to spread. I do still find in the side-by-side that the Decleor removes mascara quicker though I don't think there is much difference in the removal of the mineral makeup I was wearing today (Everyday Minerals). Both emulsify nicely and wash off quickly. The Decleor does feel oilier when you wash it off but interestingly both sides of my face now feel the same so for me neither leaves any residue. Texture wise, as I mentioned, the Decleor is oilier and feels somehow more substantial (thicker) whereas the Precleanse feels like a lighter/drier oil mixture. Also, I prefer the scent of the Precleanse, though both smell nice. Neither stung my eyes.

On the packaging front - both suck Smile Why would you put a screw-on cap on something that will be handled by oily hands? How about a pump bottle?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy, that was very helpful Smile
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I was debating between getting either Decleor or the Dermalogica pre cleanse, thanks for the reviews, helped me decide too!
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have combination skin and had tried a sample of the Decleor Cleansing Oil. It felt oily (as I've always used foaming cleanser or cream) but after washing off, my skin felt soft. As I have some small bumps on my face, I am not sure if using an oil cleanser would help.

I am looking for a day cleanser (as I don't have time to use Dr H CC in the day). Just wondering if Decleor is a good choice.

Thanks.
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:20 am      Reply with quote
i just received Decleor cleansing cream with my last order. it smells really lovely and does it job so well! i can honestly say it works MUCH better than Shu Uemura's cleansing oil (which i've been using for years!)

i've also bought Dermatologica's daily microfoliant and DHCC. but i have no idea how to fit these three in my cleansing schedule. can anybody recommend when to use them?

thanks a lot for your help Smile
gosa
Windyemmy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I think I'll give it a go after i use up my current one:)
bondgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
I am certainly not disappointed with this cleanser. Having just ordered it and tried it few times, I find it very easy and pleasurable to use. I thought it might be too oily but it is quite the opposite. I used to wear contacts and had to take them out in order to cleanse. Wink
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
damn makes me want to try this now. BOO hoo hoo. does it go with clarisonic>
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |