Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What skin care product has made you say wow?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
myztic
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm curious to know and learn more about the skin care industry and was wondering:
What skin care product has made you look in the mirror and say wow, what an amazing product.. this is truly the best! Something you can't do without. Smile[/list]
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Caudalie Beauty Elixir (Best toner/elixir ever)

Dr Hauschka cleansing cream (I leave it on for a minute or two and it really tightens my pores like a mask)

Dr Hauschka Rythmic conditioner (wow...)

Shankara Microcrystal exfoliation (babyskin hallo...)

Jane Iredale pressed base powder o rouge (flawless!)

I hate to admit it, since I'm all for organic skincare, but Renova was amazing (I stopped to use it because I'm pregnant and won't use it as long as I breastfeed...but after that I'm back to it!) my skin flaked for two weeks, then baby skin appeared and it is the ONLY product I have ever tried that actually changed my skin texture and I would wake up in the morning and be amazed with Very Happy
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I love Dr H Rejuventating Mask - after I wash it off my pores are far less noticable and my skin is super soft.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I think I will have to a little list too Very Happy

*Dr Hauchka: The routine of not using moisturiser at night. Rejuvenating mask, I use it as face mask and a cream during the day, Normalising Day Oil, Lip Balm, Cleansing Cream.

*Bare Escentuals eye liner powder - I love this stuff, could not go back to pencils.

*MAC eye paints, Studio fix powder, concealer, brushes, bronzer and sheertone Blushes.

* My Jane Iredale brushes especially the eyeliner and detail.

*Carekate's Apple Cider Vinegar Toner and homemade Dr H cleansing cream

*My Neal's Yard Doederant Stone - it's like a little crystalised rock I've had it for two years and the thing just won't give up Rolling Eyes Wink

I think that's about it Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I think everything I use plays atleast a small part in the health of my skin. However these products visible and almost immediately give the WOW factor!! Very Happy

Skinceauticals 10 Vit C

Cellcosmet Ultra Vital

Cellcosmet Eye contour cream

Valmont Renewing Pack Mask

Alpha H Balancing Moisturiser

Alpha H 15% Hydrating Glycolic Mask

Flaxseed oil ( internal use )
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Immediate wows have been:

Cellcosmet eye contour cream
Okusil
Epidermx (though I've gone off the idea of strong exfoliation again so I no longer use it)
myztic
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2005 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
this is so bad! i don't have any of these products but i am SOOOO tempted to try them!!, grr.. right now i've got
Dermalogica EVERYTHING lol
hydrating booster
Special cleansing gel
Active Moist (just finished intensive moisture balance, i think i prefer the intensive moisture balance)
skin hydrating gel
Multi Active Toner
Microfoliant

hmmm but do i think wow of anything? erm... well what are they truly supposed to do? they do keep my face clean... breakouts aren't that often.... is that what makes it wow though?

Just ordered J&B's C and C Serum, i hope that can make me say WoW Smile
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Definitely Vitamin C:

SkinCeuticals C+AHA
Cellex-C Advanced C Eye Toning Gel
Cellex-C Advanced C Eye Firming Cream

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 5:44 am      Reply with quote
My favs are the same as MystyPines but I also love the homemade toner with green tea, peppermint oil and sometimes ACV.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Dermalogica Microfoliant. I was surprised and "wowed" that something so gentle could make such a difference in my skin.

Also love the Alphaderma CE. Within just 2-3 weeks use, the "11s" between my eyebrows are GONE. And they were very visible and even had me considering botox.

So these two products were the biggest WOWs for me!

Thu May 26, 2005 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Mine's a bit of a list too....

Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream
Cellcosmet Gentle Cream Cleanser
Dermalogica Microfoliant
PTR Botanical Buffing Beads
vitamin C serums (as long as they're effective)
YonKa Juvenil
Valmont Renewing Pack
Valmont High Performance Serum
Dr Hauschka/Jurlique Cleansing Cream
Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel
Jane Iredale pressed mineral foundation
Jane Iredale Circle Delete
Alphaderma CE and Skin Prep (after seeing my mum's results)
Phytomer Face Dew
Babor Sensational Eyes Eye Cream
Decleor Lip Balm
Decleor Essential Balm
Sothys Hydroptimale Gel

I'm sure there's some that I'm missing but I can say that I have been lucky to have tried stuff that I really like - I attirbute this to reading the reviews here and on MUA in order to figure out what I'd like.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 7:18 am      Reply with quote
The only stuff I've used and got an immediate wow factor from was stri-vectin. 5 days after using it on half my face, the difference was so noticable that I gave up on my initial idea of comparing it for a month!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Viver Vit C was an immediate wow for me. Love it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Sage Skincare products for oily/blemished skin. It cleared up my skin super fast before. Also, Astara Blue Flame Mask, Paula's Choice 2%BHA used with Creme de La Mer(old formulation), Decleor Ylang Ylang Oil and Balm, and hmm..that's all that I can think of right now. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
renova at night and moisterzer spf 30 during the day....im a new with this product..i like it. but i had to put my estee lauder to rest.
cant
use it with renova.. ouch !! Shock it was a sad day.. hopefully good ones will be coming lassie 1234
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 1:21 am      Reply with quote
Am getting a little list together. Still have tons that I want to try though!

Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel
Clinique 7-day scrub
Thalgo Pure Radiance Exfoliant Cream
Thalgo Moisture Quenching Mask
Decleor Ylang Ylang oil

Thats about it for the moment. These ones have been fantastic for me
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Esthers secret masque

Relaxaline

Mineral make-up
if that counts in this section

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 4:56 am      Reply with quote
I'd have to say Strivectin and VC 20 Skinceuticals teamed together gave me the most noticeable difference I've seen in my skin - especially around the eye area.
Cellcosmet eye cream is a very close second place for around the eye area..
Pudoodles
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 5:08 am      Reply with quote
hi , all your things sounds great. but i cant use a scrub or derm of any kind due to my roceca and the fact of the renova. and speaking of renova............ Shock i forgot and put some ( B E id bare vitamens skin rev-er upper) OUCH Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation my face started burning like a curling iron was on it. a whole circle from eyebrows all around to my cheek !omg. my friend ran over and brought my some hydrocoritisone cream. pharm.rec. it. omg. i wont be using another thing untill i am use to this renova cream... i guess i had on a couple of products with g. acid in them.. Embarassed so only eurcerin moist. spf 30 right now. soap was even burning everthing. like it was all inflames not flamed , flames.. so i have my winkle cream and moist. now im looking for a mineral foundation that will cover the red without shimmers .. and i dont want to use a green powder first then the foundation.. i only use one powder to fix everything and that B E but it has shimmer in in. hate there mineral vail.. ya look like the walking dead.. maybe ill mix and see what i get. wowoowow what a story Brick wall Confused lassie 1234
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lassie1234 - I've used Renova before...I don't have rosacea and I still suffered some initial irritation with it.....Are you sure that the renova isn't making your rosacea worse? I'm wondering if your skin will get used to the Renova or if the rosacea will just get worse...yikes - your description sounds so painful!!
Pudoodles
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 6:05 am      Reply with quote
well things seem better today. the rosacea seems like it isnt as bad as it was when i was using estee lauder products.. i stopped them when i started the renova last saturday. yesterday was like acid over acid.. and i am taking a anit bio. for the red in my eyes so maybe its helping the face too. anyway, i learned a lesson. but im the kind that will try anything to get these wrinkles go away. today, im thinking a little different. my mind is 21 my face is not... its 48 lololol. i will use my samples of renova and see if i want to spend the money on it.or if i like it enough to spend the money..because the money will be spent on something else for my face.. hope i can handle this renova...... Razz lassie 1234
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
ok i didnt learn from my mistake yesterday... i did it again! i bought some luxe eraser and got it today, ah yep i used it Shock my face burned like hell...imagine a very sunburned face and then opening a oven and sticking you head in it Mad ok there is a problem here. im nuts,crazy, retarded or something. i had to wash all the mineral makeup off and the soap which made things much worse. my cheeks are hot and red.i do think im having a breakdown here. there is nothing i can put on my face that does not make it burn.i went to the store and all eyes were on my face !!!!!!! uhg Bad Grin i didnt use the renova last night and dont think ill use it tonight.. i think my face is swollen.i feel like a frickin flame thrower threw somthing at me.. should i just keep a cold soft cloth on my face or what ? my moisterizer is not soaking in. my skin looks like red glass.my problem is i keep putting crap on my face.. the dr really told me nothing about this renova cream . like what not to do ??? duh Mad now all i can do is lay in bed...FOREVER ! everything has an ingredint in it and if i use it BANG on fire. i just dont know what to do to make it stop burning........ HELP Brick wall Eh? Crying or Very sad
just to let ya know i started renova treatments last saturday
Sad lassie 1234
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
lassie1234 - I could never really tolerate Renova. I used Retin-A for a couple of years when it first came out, but had to stop -- my skin looked worse, not better. Then when the Renova formula came out years later, I used it for months but my skin always felt (and looked) dry, crusty and irritated -- just as it was when I used Retin-A (I saw no difference in the formulae). These were both touted as Fountain of Youth products, but all they really do is irritate the skin and cause edema (mild swelling) -- that's why lines may smooth out somewhat. There's another retinoid-type gel called Differin. It's normally prescribed for acne, but is much milder on the skin. I hardly use any acid products anymore -- just milder OTC ones like Roc now and then.

A friend likes Pevonia for her rosacea, but if you have a bad case of it, you may want to get a prescription treatment.

I've just started using Alphaderma C+E on top of Mineral Skin Prep followed by a bit of Okusil. These are the best products I've used in a long, long time.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
lassie124, are you using renova every night? Should never start every night-at least start every 3rd night if not 2x a week. Are ou using a pea size? what strength? I know they make .025 now (at least in the states-God forbid we should get in Canada). I had a hard time with renova and I have tough skin.

Get off the renova for now, use something for rosacea (metrogel? I'm not sure about the name-maybe someone else will jump in). Then start with a retinol OTC and build up from there if you tolerate it well.
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 6:36 am      Reply with quote
well i dont know where to get some of these products everyone tell me.. and i was using it every night before bed. a pea size. thats what the nurse told me. i havent used it for 2 nights now. my face does feel like leather Shock . i just got samples from the dr. no instructions. duh.... the idoit. and the spf facial moist. doesnt soak in.. so my face just shines..im taking an oral medication for the rosy because its in my eyes. red line on the whites of my eyes... i had no idea i had it there until i went to the dr. and they did tear and felt like rocks were in there.. i think i will finish out the samples of renova to make sure if its a product i think is working. im just so use to using my estee lauder creams which i miss so much.. my face was like silk.... NOW CALL ME LEATHER FACE Brick wall . now i just got some luxe loose powder foundation and what red... i hope i can use that. because i bought her eraser and it did work on winkles BUT................ OUCH Crying or Very sad have to use B E or the luxe to go out. just to take the red out.. i am not going out looking like the CHAIN SAW MASACER today..im not letting this ruin my weekend.i will start just using the renova 2-3 times a week... i would of been nice if someone told me that.like DUH dr.well i dont think im permently damaged my face that is.. mentally im ready for the nut house.. i just cant believe what happend in one week Exclamation

and i will try to use more caution on what im putting on my face.. can i get more wrinkles from using the renova Question Question Question .. anyone using renova and luxe minerals please let me know if it bothers your skin. Confused
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |