Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone tried La Roche-Posay products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 2:15 am      Reply with quote
hello all Smile

Has anyone tried La Roche-Posay products?

I just noticed they have a lot of interesing products for acne and other skin conditions but I havent ever heard anything about this skin care line.

Would appreciate your comments!

Aga

Thu May 26, 2005 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Yes!
I use some LaRoche Posay. But I use the line for sensitive/intolerant skin & I really like it. It hasn't inflamed me once! (Unlike Skinceuticals.) I love their Vitamin C line, their lip care & hand cream too. And their prices aren't too outrageous.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I love their ceralip, and water spritz!! Also tried samples of active c lotion, active c eyes, and the toleriane(?) lotion for sensitive skin.

I quite like the products...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've used their vitaman C line as well and thought it was very good. I keep saying I will repurchase but have been so busy trying new things I don't know where I would fit it in!
I can get it locally though, so it's just a matter of time. It is a very good line.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have sensitive skin and uses toleriane dermo cleanser, toleriane cream, and anthelios fluide extreme spf 40.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 2:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Wink
Im going to look more into this line.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 2:53 am      Reply with quote
Aga,

I have been meaning to try some of this line as well (easy for me to get my hands on it). The prices over all seem quite reasonable.

Please post a review of any products you sample!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I have tried the effaclar cleansing gel, which I liked very much Smile Rinses off really easy and leaves a sqeaky clean feeling Smile

Also used Anthelios Lait SPF40. Too whitish and contains titanium dioxide which gives me a rash Crying or Very sad They have a gel formula which I am waiting to see if we will get in stores and would like to try that Smile

Really want to use this line but find the products are limited and not sure what to use Confused

My friend's dermatologist recommends this line so that makes me feel good about it Very Happy
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I am torn between trying a few things from either Dr Eris or La Roche-Posay Smile
I am visiting my family in Europe at the moment and these lines are pretty cheap over here Smile
Tough choice!

Im going review whatever I'll try in the end Wink

Aga

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried everything under the sun for sensitive skin, I have a skincare graveyard site in my bathroom cabinet of products that irritate. Sad I think I've finally found my HG product in LRP toleraine products, right now I'm loving the toleraine fluide during the day, a little goes along way, its light and oil free, great for summer...and at night I use their toleraine soothing cream moisturizer which is wonderful also! I've been using these products for a few weeks now, and have had no irritation once so ever! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
My little sis loves their sensitive skin products for her super sensitive skin.
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
AJAX: Can you tell me more about the Active C Question Did you use it day/night Question Did you see results Confused Thanks Very Happy
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried the Active C eye cream (sample) and really liked it a lot. The Active c face cream has a fragrance though which I didn't like. I am so going to get my hands on some of the Toleriane products, do they ever sound great for combo/oily sensitive skin!!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
I am using Effaclar cleanser twice a day, the Effaclar K treatment cream twice a day, the water spritzer whenever I feel like it (which is often) and the Vit C eye cream. All are very good products. Still can't get over the discontinuation of Effidrate, which was a extremely good moisturizer and oil control cream. Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry , I am just now looking at this thread.
I used the C at night, but from what I have learned from this site, it can be used either am or pm. It really is a nice product and this thread has gotten me thinking about repurchasing!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to let you know that I got EFFACLAR A.I. to try from LR-P Smile
The great thing is that it comes in a box with samples of all other products for acne from this line Very Happy

I also got 2 acne products from Dr Eris, theyre called
Pharmaceris T Gentle foaming cleanser
Pharmaceris T Sebostatic Acne Cream

I got all this since its really cheap over here and I am still looking for my HG as far as acne Wink

Aga

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Are these products suitable for acne-prone, large-pored skin? Specifically the Toleriane line?
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I believe that the Effaclar line would be better for you. Plus the water spray.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Aga, where did you the LRP samples? I contacted them and redirected to Pricklyapple who sent me other (unknown)products they carried instead of LRP. I really want to try LRP before buying them.

KK
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
KK,

I got some samples from my local shoppers drug mart!!

There's also skin-etc.com but you need to purchase something in order to get samples...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Lianne, I will try Shoppers Drug Mart.

KK
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:51 am      Reply with quote
not all of them have it...look for one of the beauty botique stores or one with a larger cosmetics section

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Or ask the pharmacist. La Roche Posay doesn't consider its products to be cosmetics and insists that they be placed behind the counter, with the drugs or controlled painkillers, Nicotine patches and gums, etc.

Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I have tried the effaclar cleansing gel,Anthelios Lait SPF40 and two of their moisturisers.
The cleanser is ok for me.all the moisturisers and sunscreen contain alcohol.
Most of products from this line contains alcohol.so if u are sensitive to alcohol,be careful!
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I had no idea they had alcohol in them, thanks mag524! I am terribly sensitive to it. Sad

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |