Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Urban Decay lid primer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 4:44 am      Reply with quote
It is fantastic. Very Happy
My lovely personal shopper Carrie sent me this. Big thanks as always.
Well Exclamation I can finally wear my powder eyeshadows without them falling straight off. It is a nice creamy consistancy, goes on easily and the powder seems to stick to it.
I can see me ordering several of these next time around.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I too have heard so many good things about this and may have to pick some up, the only thing that puts me off is the size as it's tiny.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Yup, UDPP is wonderful stuff.

A little tidbit I heard to get the last bit out is to remove the little gromet thingy at the top of the genie bottle when you're running low, and it allows you to milk every last drop of this precious stuff!!!!

Also, and I'm not sure if CVS's are available outside the US, but there's a product called Lumene Lid Primer, that in my opinion is pretty durn close as good as UD. Much cheaper too!

I don't know how our lovely Carrie gets goodies to you girls across the pond, but Lumene is also a good choice! Laughing

I've been dying to get my hands on Helena Rubinstein mascara's and they don't make them here in the US anymore, so I know the frustration of not being able to find something in the states!

Maria Surprised

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Mariav wrote:
Yup, UDPP is wonderful stuff.

A little tidbit I heard to get the last bit out is to remove the little gromet thingy at the top of the genie bottle when you're running low, and it allows you to milk every last drop of this precious stuff!!!!

Also, and I'm not sure if CVS's are available outside the US, but there's a product called Lumene Lid Primer, that in my opinion is pretty durn close as good as UD. Much cheaper too!

I don't know how our lovely Carrie gets goodies to you girls across the pond, but Lumene is also a good choice! Laughing

I've been dying to get my hands on Helena Rubinstein mascara's and they don't make them here in the US anymore, so I know the frustration of not being able to find something in the states!

Maria Surprised

Maria,

Amazon has HR Mascara. Don't know which one you like. Do a search for Helena Rubinstein. Smile

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search.html/ref=xs_ap_l_xglna/104-4806672-3540767?index=beauty&node=11055981&keywords=helena%20rubinstein

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Loopylori............Carrie sent me this as well...........i really do appreciate her doing all this for us...........i, too think the Urban Decay primer is brilliant......i too never could wear eyeshadow......because it came off in hours.........now i can wear eyeshadow all day...................and still look good...........regards Karina

Carrie is truely a star!!!!
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Oooooooh, Dottie always coming to everyone's rescue!!!

I never even thought to look at amazon.com. I did see a couple of sellers on E-bay!!!

Well, I'm off to order some. Kinda steep price however, but I've heard so many good things about it, I must try it.

Mascara is my one true weakness. Okay, maybe not my only one weakness.....maybe one of five weaknesses? Alright, at BEST, one of my 10 weaknesses.....

Maria Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Don't they sell this at Boots in the UK???? Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

Maria, I was at CVS today and picked this up. I rarely wear eye makeup unless I put contacts in (which I hate the feel of). But, I am going away and want to look really nice. Eye makeup goes weird on me. I tend to get oily on the lids so makeup doesn't last long. Will let you know how I do. Thanks. Very Happy BTW you know a lot about makeup (I don't). Someday I would love for you do give me advice. You live in NH???? Sorry if I am confusion you with someone else. If you ever come to Cape Cod let me know.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
ww.lumene.com provides some good make-up tips. i like their lipsticks quite a bit.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Yup, Dottie that's me in NH.

I used to live in Middleboro, MA - so were were maybe 25 minutes from the Bourne bridge. We were down the Cape all the time. So pretty. My husband had worked for Ocean Spray in Lakeville for a number of years, and then a nice opportunity became available for him up in this neck of the woods so after 10 years of the Southshore, we moved up to NH.

I truly do love makeup - always have! I have been doing wedding and prom makeups for about 20 years (just did a couple of proms last week!) and I have so much fun with it. It's disgusting the amount I have! No control!

You are gorgeous and don't need one BIT of help from me, young lady...but the next time I'm Cape Cod bound, I would love to get together with you!!!

Please let me know how the Lumene works out! I really like it - my lids are oily too and it really helps keep the shadows put.

Wink Maria

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 12:41 am      Reply with quote
I too have been dying to try this one out. Unfortunately it seems that Urban Decay has suddenly vanished from the retail stores that used to feature it prominently in Canada.

I have looked high and low at the Bay & can't find the displays anywhere!

Can any Canadian ladies clue me in to where I might find UD in Vancouver? I sure need something - my eyelids are ridiculously oily!!!
Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 11:14 am      Reply with quote
order it from sephora-they ship to Canada and you know what you're payng in Canadian $, duty etc before you place your order.
CharlieBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I like things that do double duty so I use my Trish McEvoy concealer for a shadow primer, concealer and lipstick primer. Works like a beauty! And only one product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Please let me know how the Lumene works out! I really like it - my lids are oily too and it really helps keep the shadows put.

Maria

I tried the Lumene Eyelid Primer for the first time today Very Happy. My liner actually stayed on all day. My upper eye area looked nice and smooth (didn't get oily). Thanks Maria. This is the first time I have used any kind of a primer. What I love about CVS is you can use the product and if you don't like it RETURN IT "no" questions asked.

tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 Maria, I was at CVS today and picked this up.
Posted: Sat May 28, I tried the Lumene Eyelid Primer for the first time today

wow, they deliver fast!
Mabsy

Sat May 28, 2005 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
tipu wrote:
Quote:

wow, they deliver fast!

Huh? I'm pretty sure Winnie bought this in-store and tried it the next day. I don't think she actually bought it online.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
tipu wrote:
Quote:

wow, they deliver fast!

tipu,

CVS is my local pharmacy. CVS has exclusive rights to Lumene. I didn't buy it on the internet.

Winnie
tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
silly me...... Bad Grin
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
tipu wrote:
silly me...... Bad Grin

I can be pretty silly myself. It is really nice when you don't have to order on line. Very Happy
tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Smile
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Tipu, is Lumene a popular line in Finland?

From what I understand, it does very well in the CVS stores here in the states. They, so far anyway, are the only pharmacy that has the rights to carry it. I've only tried the lid primer which I am very happy with.

Maria Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Smile
angeleyes

Mon May 30, 2005 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
urban decay had it right when they made this eye primer. if i dont put it on i find myself reaplying my make up all day long its deffinetly better worrying about others thins than my makeup.thanx for taking one last thing off my mind!!

tip: i find that not only is just using the wand is good use your finger to blend in hard to blend places when applying!!

angeleyes*** Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Cheezwhiz wrote:
I sure need something - my eyelids are ridiculously oily!!!
Isn't that weird? Of course my eyelids are oozing oil, too, which is how I came to try UDPP in the first place. But the thing is, eyelids and lips are supposed to be the only places on the face that don't contain any oil glands!! Does this mean that those of us with oily eyelids are freaks of nature or what??

Even though a CVS Pharmacy just opened up down the street from my house, I haven't gone to get the Lumene eye primer stuff yet to try out even though Mariav mentioned it to me/us a couple months ago. I guess I'm just too happy with my UDPP just yet to think of being "unfaithful"! Wink Since I got it, it's literally the first time in my life that I've been able to wear eyeshadow (regardless of whether it's cream or powder formulation!) and not have it slid completely off my eyelid in less than an hour! At the end of 12 hours, I *do* have a tiny bit of creasing to my shadow, but after years of not being able to wear it for 12 minutes, much less 12 hours, I'm not going to quibble about that minor detail. My guess is that for those with "normal" eyelids, that your eye makeup would look just as flawless by the end of the day as it did when you applied it. Unless I found out that the Lumene works just as well for me, the UDPP is going to have a permanent place in my makeup bag!

BTW, just for grins, I also tried the UDPP as a lip primer, when I wanted to wear one of my super pale pink lip glosses and wanted the color to look "true," and it actually worked pretty well, but I don't know if I'd want to use the same tube on my eyes that I'd use on my mouth (for the record, I swiped a bit on my finger and applied it to my lips that way, rather than with the wand)....

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Carrie - so great to see you posting again(phew!).

My purchase of the Lumene was a flukey thing whilst waiting for my UDPP. I had ordered it from Sephora and my hubbie and I had a party to go to and I knew I wanted to have my eye makeup last, so when I saw it in CVS, I figured what the hey....turned out to be quite good. I checked out the reviews on MUA to make sure I wasn't nuts, and some of them say its just as good as UDPP. But I DO SO love my genie bottle and the staying power. Wink I did a side by side eye test to see which one held up better and I really couldn't see a difference, so now I can wait a bit to reorder the UD, and use the Lumene as quite a good back-up. I go back and forth! You know you're right about the oily lids too! I have the driest skin in the world, but my dang eyelids are an oilslick?! What the????

Cool idea about the lip primer. I may have to try that!

Maria Very Happy

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |