Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Skincueticals - very confused-
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MsJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've got 12 samples of Skinceuticals, but I seriously do not know when to use these things! My regimen right now is wash my face in the morning with Yonka Gel or Dr. Hauska cream, then I apply my Shiseido extra smooth SPF 38, and then I apply my aromaleigh.

Please, pretty please tell me when to apply what to my face and when!

C+E
Eye Gel
CE Ferulic
Serum 20
C + AHA
Serum 15
Serum 10
Eye Renewal Gel
Hydrating B5
Intense Line defense
Phyto (what is this for?)
Phyto Corrective gel (???)

What do I use in the morning and what should I use in the evening?
Mabsy

Sat May 28, 2005 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I am not familiar with all of those but I can tell you that there is a lot of overlap in terms of product categories. So, for a vitamin C serum you would use either C+E, CE Ferulic, Serum 20, C + AHA, Serum 15, or Serum 10. I would suggest that you start with the Serum 10 first and let your skin get used to Vit C (if you haven't used a vit C serum before). Then you can go to higher strengths. Over the top you might like to apply the Hydrating B5 gel before putting on moisturiser. I would also suggest that you use the vit C serum in the morning rather than in the evening (only once a day is necessary). Please also consider that not all of those serums or other products may be suitable for your skin type btw, so don't feel that you have to use all of them if you think there is a risk of a reaction.

If eye gels are enough moisture for you then apply that in the morning and the Eye Renewal Gel in the evening (keeping in mind that this will exfoliate so only use if you need it).

I'm leaving the advice on the other products to the pros Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 8:10 am      Reply with quote
MsJam, WOW did you get alot of samples Exclamation

Mabsy gave you some awesome advice on the Vit. C samples. Smile

The Intense Line Defense is used as an exfoliant. Skinceuticals website read it is a 12% hydroxy blend. I suppose that means it combines both an AHA/BHA ingredients. This product is meant to remove dead skin cells that accumulate on the surface of the skin. Nightime would be the ideal time to use and if needed apply a moisturizer over it. Or perhaps the B5gel.

Phyto + is a lightening gel that helps reduce hyperpigmentation. It has kojic acid and arbutin as the main ingredients.

Phyto Corrective is an oil free gel that helps reduce inflammation and redness but also has some skin lightening ingredients. It helps "calm" the skin.

Descriptions of each product can be found atwww.skinceuticals.com

I would recommend using a photostable sunscreen daily, especially if you are going to use the Intense Line Defense. SKinceuticals is a nice line but is somewhat $$$ Shock Hope this helps!

Lisa

**edited to correct my dyslexic typing!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
C+E, CE Ferulic, Serum 20, C + AHA, Serum 15, Serum 10 - Pick ONE of these and use it in the morning after cleansing and toning. All are vitamin C serums...see the EDS website or the skinceuticals site for descriptions

Eye Gel - vit c serum for eyes, use once in the am...follow with cream if you want.

Eye Renewal Gel - exfoliating eye treatment, use at nightime...

Hydrating B5 - moisturizing product, use after vitamin c serum in the am and after cleansing toning at night if your skin is dry.

Intense Line defense - use at night. Exfoliating product...apply after B5 gel

Phyto, Phyto Corrective gel - use after the B5 gel and before moisturizing cream...am and pm if you have pigmentation/scarring issues...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much for educating me about this line. I sincerely appreciate your responses.
I have been using the serum 10 in the am and then the B5 and then the sunscreen.

Thanks again! Smile
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 6:30 am      Reply with quote
MsJam your welcome! Smile

Good Luck!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |