Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
IM FREE !!!!!!!!!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy if any of you have been following my story with using renova...... I AM DONE Bad Grin im going back to my estee lauder as soon as my face HEALS Exclamation im soo tired of the burning .. so tired of the leather face. so tired off all of it. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is the 3rd night i will not be using it. if anyone try's renova from the dr ..please ask Question first... like the dummy iam, i didnt. all i was told was use a pea size everynight before bed...OY Arrow DONT.i have had the most miserable time of my life this past week....i felt like i was in prison.. scared to go outside. scared to put anything else on my face without a blowup Cool right now i would take a shot to the face then to live like this using renova...IM DONE Exclamation ill keep my little lines and wrikles.i was ready for the nuthouse.......omg.today did it. i felt like my skin and eyelids were being pulled upwards and i had no control over it..... watch out ladies Rolling Eyes be careful. maybe someday i might use it once a month if that.or it just might go in to the trash. i want my old face back and my estee lauder back.. never had a awful time with anything like this.BUT I AM concerding JB Shock ya know we just cant stop looking for that piece of hope that we will find the right think for the right face. what works for you doesnt work for me or some others.. so we keep looking and trying and spending Exclamation i dont think it will end unless YOU are the lucky one who found your piece of gold that works for you. i know now i didnt. and im scared to look anymore. but knowing lassie 1234 ill do something stupid again.. im more than the desprate housewife ... Razz im the DESPRATE FIX MY DAMN FACE WIFE . have a good weekend.. ill be inside hiding from the good ole sun... Rolling Eyes
have fun Laughing lassie 1234
CharlieBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I really don't blame you for being so frustrated, but this is totally your doctor's fault. Most docs recommend initially using these type products every other night or every third night and also waiting at least 30 minutes after you cleanse your face to apply it. As you have found out, you can be in great discomfort if it is not applied correctly. It is a shame so many doctors are not more careful in their instructions and so many patients get scared off of a great product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
rofl
I think we all feel a bit like that. I have a few red marks on my face from over zealous use of a dermabrasion sponge. Guapa nearly burnt her face off with glycolic acid. I guess we are all a bit desperate to turn back time. Good luck in your quest.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
i hope i learned a lesson from all that if been thru, Sad but im sure i will find what will help me. i still want EVERYONE'S suggestions just in case.. but for now , i have to calm things down on my face and let it heal. no more hannible lecter at my face.... Cool im keepin what GOD gave me (for now) Bad Grin lassie 1234
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
lassie1234 wrote:
i hope i learned a lesson from all that if been thru, Sad but im sure i will find what will help me. i still want EVERYONE'S suggestions just in case.. but for now , i have to calm things down on my face and let it heal. no more hannible lecter at my face.... Cool im keepin what GOD gave me (for now) Bad Grin lassie 1234

We all have been there at one point or another Lassie1234. Good for you giving your skin a rest for awhile Very Happy

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
mozi
5% products discount

Sat May 28, 2005 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
well, ladies (and some gentlemen) lassie1234 is my best friend. her posts are hilarious! Laughing she is even funnier in person! she is the one that got me started using estee lauder among other things. i was with her through the renova nightmare and it was baaaad! i guess we have all been there trying to "scrape, burn and peel" away our problem areas! i once tried a battery powered scrubber in the 70's that resembled a small scuzzbuster! it promised to deep clean those pores and i think i ended up with scabs. it sure is fun trying to find our own "miracle" product! ahh the thrill of the hunt!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Im starting to wonder with some dermotologists...I went to one when i was like 17..my problem was redness, and what did he do? He looked at my skin, saw one zit..and diagnosed it as acne...yup. Gave me a bunch of drying cleansers and let me say im better off trusting my own judgements. Glad you got off the renova..never should use something more then once if it blows the face up!:P

5% products discount

Sat May 28, 2005 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yep as I said it has taken me this long , and I am using Decleor and I have only been using it now for 2 weeks (almost) and the difference is just unbeleivable (that looks awful long ) anyway as I was saying Idea my skin has improved beyond my expectations, took me 30 years , been doing skin care since I was 15 and though I was never ever going to not ever have a pimple my whole life Embarassed Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Lassie, you may want to try some copper peptide serum from skin biology (diana yvonne and pure deming sell it too). It should help with the healing process. Emu iol is very good for calming skin down as well.

Here's a hug anyway ((((()

5% products discount

Sun May 29, 2005 3:34 am      Reply with quote
I tried the MD Forte range hoping that glycolics were the answer to getting rid of some of the pesky lines. I only tried the level I including the Rejuvenating Eye Cream w/ Retinol and to cut a long story short I ended up with MORE lines around my eyes than I started with Mad and my general skin condition went way down hill Crying or Very sad Needless to say it all went in the bin and I'll never go near a glycolic product again.

Luckily I have hit on my perfect skin care range (ADCE and associated products) and I can't see me every switching to something else

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I have tried so many lines and so many products as well.....hoping to find ny holy grail. Something that won't dry out my any more, but will still moisturize and hydrate. Something that would clear up those first fine lines and prevent future ones. Something that will brighten and even my complexion, and provide protection from future sun damage. It has been a long and expensive search....and I am just happy that I didn't have the terrible, painful experiences some of you have had. But I must say I have FINALLY found what I have been searching for....Alphaderma CE, JB Mineral Skin Prep, Okusil, JB Organic Cleansing Cream, and Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. This is my FOREVER skin line!!!! I am loving it, and it is doing all it says and quickly.

Good luck in your search!

Lori

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 9:03 am      Reply with quote
SusanC wrote:
I only tried the level I including the Rejuvenating Eye Cream w/ Retinol and to cut a long story short I ended up with MORE lines around my eyes than I started with Mad

Well, I had the exact same experience with this horrible eyecream Sad
Wouldn´t recommend this to anyone.....

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 6:47 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Lassie, you may want to try some copper peptide serum from skin biology (diana yvonne and pure deming sell it too). It should help with the healing process. Emu iol is very good for calming skin down as well.

Here's a hug anyway ((((()

The Copper Peptide serum is magical for healing skin.

I've been doing a ritual of Dr Hauschka Rejuv Mask/Rhythmic Ampules/EpidermX scrub & Copper Peptide serum and my skin is getting back to it's old self.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I also use the CP serum after using a glycolic peel product. It does seem to heal any redness quickly.

My MD prescribed Tazorac. It works the same but has less side effects. I use it most nights and haven't had any redness or bad reaction. That said my skin is not so sensitive. I use Cellex-C and skinceuticals 20 without a problem others here find these drying.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |