Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sebastian Body Double
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 28, 2005 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I finally found products to give my baby fine hair volume. Dancing I had my hair cut and colored today. My salon just got in the Sebastian Body Double line. My hairdresser used the whole line on my hair. She was floored at the volume. Usually she has a hard time flipping up the back of my hair without using a curling iron.

As soon as she washed and conditioned my hair I could feel the difference just putting my fingers through my wet hair. The shampoo and condition are wonderful!! The best was yet to come...Sebastian Body Double Thickefy Styler. She applied it to my wet hair and blew it dry. Body and volume I have not seen in a long time.

I also bought the finish spray. It is OK but I tend to like a little more hold.

A lot of body shampoo, condition and styling products leave my hair feeling dry. This product made my hair shine and feel so silky. I am just thrilled.

Here is some info. if you have baby fine hair that needs volume and body: http://www.beautydeals.net/shop/list.html?categ=27
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 2:23 am      Reply with quote
I am not too satisfied with this series, but have only tested the styling products. The Thickefy Styler is a type of light foam, but it is very sticky and makes hair matte. The Thickspray Light has too much hold, it is almost like glue, and the nozzle doesn't distribute the product evenly.

Overall, I like Sebastian products, but for volume, I much prefer the Shaper volume shampoo and conditioner.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
I finally found products to give my baby fine hair volume. Dancing I had my hair cut and colored today. My salon just got in the Sebastian Body Double line. My hairdresser used the whole line on my hair. She was floored at the volume. Usually she has a hard time flipping up the back of my hair without using a curling iron.

As soon as she washed and conditioned my hair I could feel the difference just putting my fingers through my wet hair. The shampoo and condition are wonderful!! The best was yet to come...Sebastian Body Double Thickefy Styler. She applied it to my wet hair and blew it dry. Body and volume I have not seen in a long time.

I also bought the finish spray. It is OK but I tend to like a little more hold.

A lot of body shampoo, condition and styling products leave my hair feeling dry. This product made my hair shine and feel so silky. I am just thrilled.

Here is some info. if you have baby fine hair that needs volume and body: http://www.beautydeals.net/shop/list.html?categ=27

That's great that you found something, Winnie! And just in time for your vacation!!!

The Sebastian Shaper Plus hair spray has very good hold, and comes in a travel size. This hair spray is really good, even for those who don't really like hair spray. You can brush through it and re-style, and there is no white stuff or dry hair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Nemi wrote:
I am not too satisfied with this series, but have only tested the styling products. The Thickefy Styler is a type of light foam, but it is very sticky and makes hair matte. The Thickspray Light has too much hold, it is almost like glue, and the nozzle doesn't distribute the product evenly.

Overall, I like Sebastian products, but for volume, I much prefer the Shaper volume shampoo and conditioner.

Wow, Nemi... I find just the opposite. Did you blow dry your hair after the Styler? My hairdresser told me that was a must.For me the spray didn't seem to give any hold put it comes out in a very fine mist.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 7:23 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Winnie"]
Nemi wrote:

Wow, Nemi... I find just the opposite. Did you blow dry your hair after the Styler? My hairdresser told me that was a must.For me the spray didn't seem to give any hold but it comes out in a very fine mist. I guess if anyone has fine hair like me they should try at salon before buying Sad For me it works great.
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Winnie"]
Winnie wrote:
Nemi wrote:

Wow, Nemi... I find just the opposite. Did you blow dry your hair after the Styler? My hairdresser told me that was a must.For me the spray didn't seem to give any hold but it comes out in a very fine mist. I guess if anyone has fine hair like me they should try at salon before buying Sad For me it works great.

I've tried both blowdrying and airdrying. Maybe my hair isn't right for volumizing products, because I have bucketloads of it. Razz

But I don't think we're talking about the same spray. The one I tried is the pumpspray in the small bottle. That one is like liquid glue! The other one is brand new, according to my stylist, and is supposed to have very little hold. It's in a big aerosol can.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I've tried both blowdrying and airdrying. Maybe my hair isn't right for volumizing products, because I have bucketloads of it.

But I don't think we're talking about the same spray. The one I tried is the pumpspray in the small bottle. That one is like liquid glue! The other one is brand new, according to my stylist, and is supposed to have very little hold. It's in a big aerosol can.

Perhaps that is the difference for me Nemi...I have hair like a baby (extremely fine and not boat loads). Yes, I have the spray in the aerosol can. I used it again today and it works well for me as a root volumizer. But, for hold I will stick to the Shaper Plus.
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
My hair is more of the type that each strand is relatively fine and very soft Sad (unmanagable), but as I said, I have loads of it. My hairdresser suggested I try volume products to add some grip to my hair. Well, everyone has to find what works for them. I'm happy you like the Body Double-stuff. I much prefer Kerastase.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |