Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Update on new products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Ok, so i've been using my new Vivier C 10 with Skinsceuticals B5 gel and the JB prep and ADCE for about 2 weeks now...and I also tried the Cellcosmet day sensitive twice (haven't tried the eye cream yet...trying to use up my old cream first)

Vivier C in the morning with B5 gel and JB twice a day just on the one line between my nose and mouth.

The good news, the JB products have lessened the depth of that wrinkle on the one side of my face Smile It is definitely a lot less deep. i'm hoping it goes away completely soon Smile

I love the smell of Vivier C...and it hasn't turned yellow at all yet (although I am being pretty anal with it)

The bad news, my face (but not the neck) is going through this rashy thing (which i have experienced before). I get tiny tiny little bumps which I can feel (and which makes me upset because i have really soft skin). Luckily, the bumps are hard to see.

So, I was hoping the reaction was to the Cellcosmet day sensitive...which by the way has WAY TOO MUCH PERFUME. I don't like the smell. Anyway, so I cut the Cellcosmet out of the equation hoping that it wasn't the Vit C causing the reaction.

So far the rash/bumps haven't gone away...and then I also noticed yesterday one red dot (it looks like a red freckle) underneath my right eye Sad

So I'm thinking that my face isn't liking the Vit C - don't know if it is the brand or the Vit C. You dont' think it could be the B5 gel?

Anyway, before I admit defeat...I'm going to stop using EVERYTHING to let my face heal...then I'm going to try the Vit C alone (without B5) and hopefully it is ok this time...if not, I will just have to use it on my neck.

Maybe it is the perfume in the Vivier?

Do you think that JB C&C would be better?

<sigh>

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I would suggest what you have already planned. I haven't heard of that kind of reaction from Vit C before. When you mentioned that this has happened before, what were you using at that time?

When starting new products, it is a good idea to introduce them 1 at a time. Your skin may have just been over loaded. Try the Vit C again in it's own. If that is the culprit, you could try the JB C&C, I guess Confused Perhaps getting a sample, or buying it from somewhere that allows returns would be the best bet! Good Luck!! Smile And I hope it isn't that Vit C too!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2005 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Reactions to topical vitamin c, similar to the one you are having is not uncommon, especially in people with very sensitive skin types. You should stop using the products until it clears up, and then introduce 1 product at a time. I would suggest though using the vitaminc every other day and see if that will ease you skin into it. When you applied the vivier, was there any stinging/tingling, or tightness?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have sensitive skin, per se, but my skin seems to react to things....I didn't feel any tingling with the Vit C so I just assumed everything was fine.

The last time this happened was when I started using an Elizabeth Arden product with spf in it. I didn't react until a few weeks later !

As for getting Vit C testers....I have received some, but then I don't like using them because they have already turned yellow and I don't want to be counterproductive...so I feel like the only way to go with Vit C is buying a brand new bottle Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I don't use peptide products under my eyes anymore. I got some sort of scaly funny stuff with all 4 products I used also lumps. I've heard others have the same problem referred to as the uglies. Everyone has allergies to different things I use Skinceutical 20 and Cellex -C with not problem but it is drying to people with sensitive skin. It is a good idea to start one product at a time and maybe even stop everything else when you introduce a new product. I don't always take that advice (just got to get rid of that last wrinkle) but I think it is good advice. For example I looked up glycolic peels on MEDLINE and many studies showed skin thickening and many (one very publicized on the WEB) showed thinning. What was the difference; well it turns out if you are moderate you'll thicken your skin but if you cause too much damage (too often, don't build up to high conc. etc.) the opposite can occur.

Good luck hope you can eliminate the problem. It may take a little time (stopping the offending product will not necessarily stop the rash immediately especially if it is an allegic reaction).
Cautious newbie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
well, it is a good thing that my "rashes" tend to go away in a week..after 2 days of nothing i think my skin is on the mend again.

next time i try the c i am just going to patch test so i don't get a rash everywhere.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Sharky,
As for the glycolic peels, you do need to leave healing time in betwen peels. They work by traumatizing the skin, and the healing time in between peels is where the rebuilding & thickening occur.

Cautious newbie,
Too bad your C samples are yellow. That's a bad sign. Shame on you

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Yes that's what I got from reading these articles. I still don't quite understand whether glycolic acid everyday in a pH buffered solution is beneficial or not. The pH of some of the vit C products I use is very acidic (around 2). I do not know the pH of the peel products. The ingredients do have some alcohol and triethanol amine to buffer it. I used the Avon 10% one a while ago and now make my own.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I found an article to answer my question on MEDLINE. Doukis et al. Harvard/Mass. General,
Photochemistry and Photobiology, 74 (1), 2001, pg. 96.

They used two un-named commerical glycolic acid creams (buffered) and applied to arm skin every day for 21 days. Periodically they used a laser technique to assess new cell growth and found little regrowth or change in skin thickness in the control group but a linear increase with time in the change in thickness using the glycolic acid. Also the rate of change increased with increasing glycolic acid concentration.

Looks like it is a good thing.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |