Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Decleor Essential Balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 4:28 am      Reply with quote
dd7 wrote:
i have tried the balm in a local beauty store, and its texture is just... so unappealing !! thicker than a lip balm, how am i supposed to use it on my face ???????????????? Question Question Question Question Question

You take a pea size amount, warm it up/melt it in your hands and pat/sweep on to your face.
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
I use the Darphin purifying balm and although I really don't know what benefit it is to my skin I love using it!
I also warm it up in my fingers and then pat it on my skin and it feels great!
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
it is very suitable for the dry skin!
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I am on my 3rd jar of ylang ylang EB. It's the best for night time use on my oily skin.
Kerryshka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought this one for my sister because her skin is feeling tired and needs a glow. this stuff is so good for every skin problem.
benek

Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:10 am      Reply with quote
hi, i just read all the great reviews on the decleor products and i am really excited to buy a lot of the products on EDS but could any one tell me whether the decleor ylang ylang oil or neroli oil is good for combination/oily/sensitive skin.
also, which balm works better with each one, the essential balm or the ylang ylang balm. i also wanted to know if the hydra floral moisturizing emulsion is good to use for my combo skin....
jjvk
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the Iris one. I really like the smell.
irina

Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:29 am      Reply with quote
i am going to buy essential balm for my boyfriend. this sounds really good
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
irina wrote:
i am going to buy essential balm for my boyfriend. this sounds really good

Hi Irina, it's great that you take care of your boyfriend's skin! I try to get my husband to take care of his skin, but I'm lucky if he'll even wash his face with something other than bar soap!

I really like the essential balm but I would recommend getting a sample before buying it for your BF. Just in case he didn't like it...

But I guess you could always use it then!
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Irina,

Decleor has a whole range for men. I bought the men's night balm for my father. He liked it although my boyfriend didn't like the sample. That's because he can't be bothered with too much fuss.

Am sure you can use it if your boyfriend doesn't like it. I have used my dad's once in a while and it's fine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I used the essential balm for nine months, and it works perfectly well. At first it seemed to be too oily, but when I left it longer on my face before I applied other products, it was absorbed much better.
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
blaziamm wrote:
At first it seemed to be too oily, but when I left it longer on my face before I applied other products, it was absorbed much better.

Blaziamm, what do you apply on top of the essential balm? I always thought it was a product you used by itself. If anything, I would apply something before applying the balm. I'm intrigued, please give more details!
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I apply it right after toner! Smile It's really good for dry skin. I can't use it in the summer months though. It's a bit heavy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
I'm confused... what's the purpose of the balm? It's so thick that it looks like a moisturizer for very dry skin, but it seems like people with oily skin use it too. Is this for congestion? How does it decongest skin when it's so thick?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:45 am      Reply with quote
skim wrote:
How does it decongest skin when it's so thick?

Hi skim, you only use a very small amount, like half the size of your pinky nail. You warm it first between your palms and then smooth your hands over your face, with a gentle massaging motion. It's very soothing. I can't claim to say I know how it works, but it does, at least for me. I use it when I know my skin needs a little help (when I'm stressed or raging hormones) and it really really helps.
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Skim,

it's a night balm. It has pure beeswax with essential oil. You need only a tiny amount (like a pea size) and apply it as schang described. You need to smell it before you apply it (because of the aromasence).

You do not need to apply anything after you apply it. Even prolagene is discouraged even before applying this product (as it is not needed).

HTH,
Vidisha

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
It could be my imagination, but my skin did look a bit better this morning. I got a sample from EDS and tried it last night.

I also used Paula's Choice carbon mask last night too.

I'll keep using it a couple nights a week to see if it helps with congestion. I've been using JM Bioclear and it helps bring out the gunk, but I am still struggling with congestion on my cheeks and jaw.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
schang wrote:
blaziamm wrote:
At first it seemed to be too oily, but when I left it longer on my face before I applied other products, it was absorbed much better.

Blaziamm, what do you apply on top of the essential balm? I always thought it was a product you used by itself. If anything, I would apply something before applying the balm. I'm intrigued, please give more details!

Hi Schang!

I bought the Neroli oil and the balm together, since my skin is so oily that I can not stand to use the Neroli oil during the day. So I combine both of the product and use them at night. Sometimes I use Neroli oil first then the balm, while sometimes I use the balm first then the Neroli oil. But in either way, I will give the first one some time to be absorbed before I apply the other one.
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Blaziamm,

Sorry to butt in. How many drops of the oil do you use? You need only 2-3drops for the whole face and neck area. You don't need to use both balm and oil at the same time.

Your oil must have come with how to use and apply the product?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:30 am      Reply with quote
Been using this for a couple of years now, and would not be without it! Between the way it smells and the way it makes my face feel, I would say it's one of the best products I've ever used...and I've used a LOT...LOL!!
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I find smaller amount of the balm more effective on my skin than when I get greedy and take more!

I have learnt that you must not be able to feel the layer when you apply it on your skin. If you do, then, you have applied too much. Overnight, the balm does it's magic i.e soaks in and moisturises the skin over the hours.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Vidisha Lala wrote:
Hi Blaziamm,

Sorry to butt in. How many drops of the oil do you use? You need only 2-3drops for the whole face and neck area. You don't need to use both balm and oil at the same time.

Your oil must have come with how to use and apply the product?

Hi VIdisha Lala!

I can tell my skin type is totally genetic, because even when I was in primary school and I did not use these beauty product, my skin was oily.

FYI, Beauty assistant in Deleor Salon said that the balm works better when using the oil with it.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
You can use the balm alone or with the oil. The treatment will be more intensive when using both. I find the oil spreads better if I mist my face with Avene Thermal Water first. You could use any hydrosol or thermal water. First warm a few drops of the oil between your fingers and then spread on your face. Then do the same with the balm (warming it up between your fingers). The balm kind of seals in the moisture/treatment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Blaziamm,

I am sorry if I might have offended you. I know they use both of the products (in turns and not together) in the salon while giving a facial but this is the first I am hearing anyone recommend using both together at home.

If using them both suits your skin, then, ofcourse why stop it. Having oily skin is good as you would get wrinkles later than other skins!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Random question, but how do you pronounce Decleor?

Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |