Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Waxing
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
myztic
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Any wax recommendations? I personally think cold wax... when u dont have to heat it.. it doesnt work as well. I think i like the microwaveable kind but any recommendations? Because a lot of the ones out right now dont let you pull the hair out in just one or two pulls which makes waxing take forever. Whereas at beauty salons after one pull its like all gone.... helP!
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2005 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi myztic,

Bliss carries a strong but gentle wax, although it is not for the microwave. You can check it out via this link:

http://www.blissworld.com/shop/detail/POE-001A/33/

I know good old Sally Hanson makes microwave wax. I think it depends on the area you are waxing and how dense your hair is.

Best, joani

Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:08 am      Reply with quote
I actually really like the NADS wax myself. I keep trying others but I always go back to this one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I actually really like the NADS wax myself. I keep trying others but I always go back to this one.
It must be an Aussie thing, because I swear I've never been able to get Nads to work for me! And have you see all the negative reviews for it on MUA??

Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
It must be an Aussie thing, because I swear I've never been able to get Nads to work for me! And have you see all the negative reviews for it on MUA??

Yeah, I have and I also know that you've tried it and hated it. But, for me, it's been better than anything else and also seems to be less painful than other waxes. I do use it with strips (I know some use it without) though and I do microwave it to warm it up although it says that it's supposed to warm up with just body heat. I would really like to NOT like it because of the price but I can't argue with my results....

*edited to correct spelling Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
Also would put in vote for nads as best one for use at home. Have had the best results there, but would really just prefer to pay someone else to do it for me. esp back of leg, am so unco-ordinated.
Has anyone tried epilation> if so, what brand? I used to have a friend that swore by this but have never tried it or seen how effective it is.
Mabsy

Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:24 am      Reply with quote
maddy wrote:
Has anyone tried epilation> if so, what brand? I used to have a friend that swore by this but have never tried it or seen how effective it is.

I have an Emjoy Gently Gold and really like it. I don't always use it - sometimes I prefer to wax. Not too sure why... But the epilators generally work quite well. Carekate also just bought one. There's another thread about it right now if you're interested http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6448

Btw, Carrie - I've never had any problems with my cordless Emjoy running out of charge. I've used it without recharging in between and it's been fine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I've never been able to get an at home one to work...they only seem to get half the hairs, and that's doing it twice!!

Might be cuz of my super fine baby like hair...I'll stick with shaving...once a week isn't bad, but I know a lot of girls that are daily shavers

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy Very Happy
Have been busy with uni etc so miss a lot of threads lately. Haven't been spending much time here.
Thanks again and take care all-

maddy
DollyPotter
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:21 am      Reply with quote
I like hot wax. I just bought a personal wax heater. It works great, no messing with it in the microwave. The wax comes in little 1/2 pots (i use it for my brows). Doesn't take too long to melt and stays liquid the entire time i am using it. Also, you can get different kinds of wax depending on what kind of hair you have (fine, course, etc).
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |