Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
:: Review :: Jane Iredale Circle/Delete 2 Concealer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:53 am      Reply with quote
I've been using this for a week now and I'm very happy with it. I think I am still in search of the BEST concealer out there (one which makes the skin under my eyes look flawless under the 8x magnifying glass Smile) but I am happy with this one and will continue using this.

The pot is divided into two parts, one is a more pink shade and the other a yellowy shade. The yellowish one is great for covering circles and the pink is fantastic for covering blue veins Very Happy For reference, I'm a MAC NC15. I didn't think I would use the pink side of this at all because it looked WAY too pink but I found that using my Laura Mercier Camouflage Brush with it and drawing a line on the vein and then smudging it really reduces it's visibility (I have an annoying blue vein that runs next to/under my left eye; not a good thing if you're really pale! Sad). Ok, I'm not saying that the pink concealer completely covers it but I was pleasantly surprised by how well it covered it.

The concealer is very light and glides on smoothly. It also has some vit K in it to combat dark circles so perhaps there's some long term effect to be had (though I doubt I will see it considering that I'm using PTR Power K Eye Rescue as well).

The only two things that I have against this product are:

1. In hot climates it tends to get this oily 'sweat' on the surface of the concealer in the container. A 'feature' shared by quite a few other concealers I've tried (e.g. BeneFit Boi-ing). Not quite sure why this happens, I don't think it makes it any less effective but I just find it icky.

2. I think this might settle into lines. I get that impression because the skin in the inner most corners under my eye tends to be a little 'creepy', i.e. not as smooth as elsewhere under my eye. I am not 100% happy with how the coverage looks in that area, it's probably not the concealer's fault though seeing as it doesn't have a nice smooth surface to work with. Mind you remember that I am looking at it up close in the mirror, my other half keeps telling me that I look rested lately (I certainly don't feel it!).

So thank you Leila for helping persuade me to buy this and thank you for your help in chosing the right shade. #2 is perfect for me and I'm really glad I tried it Very Happy

Incidentally, does anybody else know how to get rid of that creepy skin in the corners under the eye? Is that just something that everyone has or can that be corrected?

This has been another epic post from:
Mabsy :P
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Mabsy!

:P So glad to know that you are happy with this eye concealer. I know it's not the best product ever ( if ever there is for us, who always find a...beautiful excuse to continue our search for the perfect things in life, as for me now, I'm on my personal search for a perfect pair of knee high boots, that explain my last few day absence from this forum, you have such a way to pull people toward your ...uhm...moment interests, dear Mabsy, any advice, dear Mabsy girl, I know it's a torture for you to think about boots in your hot summer land now Very Happy).

I agree with you on everything you said about this concealer down to the minute details.

For those oil sweats, I, too, felt a little bit...concerned, but after using a very fine piece of tissue paper to blot them off and after a few times using, those in my jars just simply disappeared:P

And for the skin at the eye corners, I have some difficulties to make it look super smooth, too, I guess it's about time we have to search for a good eye cream. At 23, I don't think it's too early to start thinking about...anti aging ( OMG!) stuff. We always are getting older, aren't we? May be, Vit-E for a good start?

Enjoy your summer, Mabsy!:P:P:P
Mabsy

Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Leila,

Yeah, I've done the same with my concealer. I wiped it a few times with a tissue and it appears fine now. But I think like the BeneFit concealer once it gets really hot it will get a bit icky. But hey, as long as it does its job it's all good! Smile I might have to look into different eye creams as well but I'm determined to finish my PTR Power K at the moment. Once I do I might do some 'research' on the whole 'creepy skin' issue...

Now for the boots part; I am happy to report that it's cooled down a bit in the past week or so and it's also been raining (we REALLY needed the rain, it's been dry as!). What a perfect excuse for the boots to come out of hiding!! I have a few 'pointers' I guess for buying boots. First of all you will have them for a long time so take the time to find the ones you REALLY like even if they are more expensive than others. Buy leather because when you have to wear them for the whole day you'll definitely be thankful that you decided on leather. I've got skinny legs Sad so I decided to go for lace-ups. I don't like boots that don't quite fit snugly up the top and this takes care of that (there's also a neat trick to lacing them up quickly which I unfortunately did not find out until just recently). You can also get boots altered if they are too wide up the top. It adds to the cost, I know, but it's *SO* worth it to have a nice pair of COMFY boots that look good on you Smile

Let the boot-finding expedition continue!! Smile Apologies for the off-topic part of this post everyone.

Mabsy.
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Leiladao

I was just reading your posts -

I am also looking for the perfect concealer. AND, you are so right about starting early. I realise that as I age, the most telling sign is the eye area. I am really lamenting that I did not discover EDS till recently. You guys have such a great headstart.

As for the Boots:
Check outwww.victoriassecret.com for some great looking boots and others.

They send to most countries - takes about 10 to 14 days.

Ciao
Jenny

Cool
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Mabsy! Hello Jenny!

You are so...cool !!!

Well, I try to avoid using ( I think) 'high school' language but I couldn't think of any thing else ...more cool to say to you, Mabsy and Jenny!

Thank you so much for sending very caring posts.

To Mabsy, I didn't want to make everyone upset with a ...' way off topic'...topic, so I didn't want to talk more about boots, but I really appreciate your sending me so kind tips about finding a good pair of boots ( not that I don't own more than one already). I have skinny legs too so finding a well fitted ( you know, kind of ...elegantly sexy...:P) pair of boots is very...very hard. Stretch leather sounds very good, but is it genuined or just synthetic?

To Jenny, I'm very pleased with JI concealer, it's the only concealer that doesn't give my under eye areas any allergic reaction and help cover the lavender circles beautifully. And that was Caspers Mum who helped me. I'm so grateful to her. As for victoriasecrets' boots, you just read my mind. Did you see me 'window surfing' there ? :P Thanks, Jenny, you are so cool and so cute. May I ask which one is your favorite?

To Caspers' Mum and Magda and everyone, please don't kick us out of this forum ...with your ...uhm...high boots !!! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Mabsy

Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:58 am      Reply with quote
Leila - way to go girl! You can NEVER have too many boots Very Happy Message me when you find your pair and tell me what you got ok?

Jenny - thanks heaps for that link! There's some really nice shoes on there and the postage to Australia isn't that bad considering the weight of the parcels. Now I just have to find out for sure what size I would be and I'll be set! There's some great clothes on there too.... I think I might have to spend some quality window shopping time there this weekend Very Happy

Mabsy.
jenny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Leila and Mabsy

Hey, we are all fellow cyber shoppers. Nothing like sharing with folks sharing the same interests.

My feet sz is kind of small so there are limited styles I can purchase. Anyway, you can send back anything you do not like within 3 weeks and they wl refund.

I juz lurvvvve these 2 websites: EDS and VS.

Happy shopping, Mabsy. I know you're gonna njoy the weekend.

Very Happy
Evelyn
5% products discount

Fri May 07, 2004 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! Just read about JI eye concealer. Like everyone, I'm also in search of the perfect undereye concealer.

I read in Paula Begoun's review (the author of Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter without me) that Cle de Peau's concealer is really really good. Here's what she has to say:

Concealer ($65.00) is exceptional. This twist-up stick concealer has a light, smooth texture that glides over the skin and offers substantial but (almost) imperceptible coverage in three excellent shades. The soft matte finish poses little risk of creasing, and the only thing that's disconcerting about this is the prohibitive price.

if you're interested, the site is:
http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/reviews.asp?bFlag=1&selCategory=40&selBrand=189&selRating=00&txtKeywords=concealer

Has anyone tried this brand yet?
Mabsy

Fri May 07, 2004 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Evelyn,

I haven't tried the CDP concealer but I have heard many raves about it. I don't think CDP is actually available in Australia, and I'm not willing to spend US$66 on a little concealer until I'm POSITIVE that the shade I'm getting will definitely suit my skin. Otherwise I would have tried it by now Laughing

CDP is actually Shiseido btw, well, it is made by Shiseido.

Mabsy
Evelyn
5% products discount

Fri May 07, 2004 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,

I've been reading about your rave reviews on Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream and I'm going to get one myself. Hopefully it really is a miracle in a jar for my eyes!

As for concealers, I've also been told that Becca has a pretty good range, with a little SPF I think. And the brand's from Australia. Have you tried it yet?

Evelyn Very Happy
Mabsy

Fri May 07, 2004 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Evelyn

Heard good things about Becca too, but again, can't check it out and they have a lot of shades to choose from! No Mecca in Brisbane either - so I can't go check out all the shades Sad There's a few things I've wanted to try from Becca, might give Mecca (or Becca directly?) a call next week and see if they'll send some samples.

I actually just had a look at the CDP concealer and there's only three shades. I never realised that before! I might buy it next time I order from Saks, see what the fuss is about Smile Might take me a few weeks though - I still have an order that's on the way.... Embarassed

Mabsy
Evelyn
5% products discount

Fri May 07, 2004 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
You're right, Becca has an amazing range of colours so it's a little difficult to buy online. You might like to check out their website at http://www.beccacosmetics.com/

I used the Luminous Skin Colour and it gives a nice sheer coverage with relatively high SPF25, but it's a bit oily for the humid weather here. So now I'm using Prescriptives Traceless.

I'm definitely going to try CDP's concealer once mine runs out. It's expensive but a lot cheaper than Botox!

BTW, can you tell me how I can request samples from Essential Day Spa online?

Thanks Razz

Evelyn
Mabsy

Sat May 08, 2004 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Evelyn,

I've been wanting to try the Luminous Skin as well, but read some posts about it and decided that it might be too oily for me (as you said). Perhaps it would be ok in winter, but again, can't choose a colour off the website Confused A little late now too, I have some Stila and GA coming in the mail.... Embarassed

You can request specific samples from EDS when you make your order (there's a comments box and you just type it in there). The only other way, if you are not placing an order, is to give them a call. You'll have to pay for postage though.

HTH
Mabsy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |