Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone used Shen Min?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I know this is about haircare, not skin......but I have heard about this for hair regrowth and general health of hair for many years. Always skeptical, never tried it.

I have had a lot of hair loss since my last child and am looking for something to kick start some regrowth!!

Thanks, Lisa. Smile

5% products discount

Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lisa!

I just bought some Shen Min yesterday. I have had problems with my hair thinning since my mid 20s. I am really hoping to see some results. I will keep you posted.

-Kim
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried this but I am using a combo of minoxidol and cooper peptides and am seeing dense regrowth.
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for responding, guys~
Keep me posted, Kim!

Sharky, I saw you mention that in another post.....do you use the two together, or separately? Just massage them into the scalp? Very intrigued!! Does the copper peptide stain the scalp? Do you rinse them out in the morning? Am I asking too many questions?? Laughing Sorry!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sharky, I'm intrigued too. When you say dense growth that sounds very impressive. Do you mind if I ask you what problem kind of problem you're trying to improve? What's you're starting point? Is the new hair different to the old hair? - thanks M
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:43 am      Reply with quote
My mother had a bald spot at 50. I am around 50 now and the top of my head had less hair (you could see the scalp in some lights). I tried Minoxidol alone for about 9 months and did not see much change. I then bought 2 CP containing hair treatments (am at work now will later post exact names). I started putting both on twice a day. I do not wash it out but wash/rinse my hair in the evening and after it is dry reapply the treatments. About a month ago I noticed that I had a large group of 1" hairs at my hairline. They are the same as my old hair dark and some grey. They're now 1.5" long. At first I was worried that I might be breaking hair but when I look on top there are clumps of these shorter hairs. I also use a green tea/peppermint oil rinse after I wash my hair. I do not know which is making the difference but it's working so I'm not stopping.

(I also take fish oil and Reseveratrol supplements).
Jenlex
5% products discount

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sharky,

I'd love to know the names of the CP's that you are using to regrow hair. My hair has been thinning at an alarming rate for awhile now. Confused I began taking fish oil (Omega 3) about 3 weeks ago. I've heard this is good for your hair as well.

Thanks!
Jenlex
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
I found this old post and was wondering if anyone had success with Shen Min herbal hair supplement. I purchased some today at our local health food store, it wasn't cheap, but if it can help get my hair to stop falling out, I would pay any price!

Almost 10 months post partum and my hair is still falling out like crazy! I've had some blood work done also to rule out thyroid issues, but didn't hear any word back to whether its okay or not, that was 3 weeks ago so I assume all is good there.

I will post my results with the Shen Min later on, it says it can take anywhere from 2-4 months of treatment to see a difference...hope it works!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I saw an ad in one of my health magazines for Shen Min and I'd like to know if anyone who posted previously that they were using it has seen any positive results and would they please share updates? Even if it didn't work for you, it would be great to hear from you. Here's the site I was looking at:

http://www.shenmin.com//index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4

The FAQ link on that site has some decent info, if anyone is interested.
mom2eloise
5% products discount

Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I used shen min for about a month, think I noticed less hair in the drain catcher and was hopeful that this was going to work. Then I started getting liquid diarrhea. I thought it was just a fluke but stopped taking it for a week, elimination went back to normal and after taking the first capsule of shen min it was back to diarrhea again. I even called the company because I thought it was odd that I was fine with taking it for a month and the product rep agreed but evidently my system didn't like it anymore.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad that you posted that. I took it for granted that it would work out for me to take these. I have a very sensitive stomach so I will have to be careful if I do decide to take these.
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Never heard of it. Is it a Chinese brand? Is it hydratin?

I am interested in getting my hands on Mucoto (sp?)shampoo and conditioner or any of the Japanese shampoos and conditioners.

My sis had small sample bottles which she brought over from Japan on her business trip and I have to say that my hair felt so much more tamer and silkier than using the Joico shampoo/conditioner. I noticed that shampoo and conditioners are extra rich in Korea and Japan and would love to get some for my fried hair.
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I take fo-ti capsules daily, and have noticed increased hair growth.

Fo-ti is also known as ho shou wu, which is a main ingredient in shen min capsules.

I'd have gotten the shen min but found some fo-ti in the clearance bin at a vitamin store and stocked up!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried Shen Min before. I use NewChapter Organics. Thanks for sharing. After I'm done with my supplements, will give Shem Min a go!
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
i tried a bottle of the shenmin shampoo a few years ago. it was nice and didn't leave any residues in my hair, but i didn't notice much of a difference, so i didn't bother buying it again. but to be fair, i was not experiencing hair loss, i just wanted thicker hair Wink
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |