Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Puffy Eye HELP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sean
5% products discount

Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:50 am      Reply with quote
I've got one puffy eye which is very stubborn .I drink loads of water and am pretty healthy . Sad . I don't know if it is fat or just puffyness but it does get worse when I'm tired .
Can anyone reccammend an eye cream that will help remove my puffy or fat eye?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sean
If it doesn't go away when you get a good night's sleep it's probably fatty. This is usually inherited so take a look at your parents and blame them. There's really no way to get rid of it apart from surgery. We've discussed this a lot here and we're still looking Rolling Eyes

I've got one fatty bag too. I'm now using Vit C serum (mine's cheap from Cellularskinrx.com) this improves collagen production and should tighten the area over time. I'm also using Okusil from Janson Beckett - this has an immediate tightening effect. And finally over all of that I'm using Cellcosmet eye contour cream. You do need to moisturise the eye area lightly as it doesn't produce much of it's own oil and it's very thin. With a fatty bag this combo won't give you perfect results but it will help and it'll look lovely on your other eye.

If you do a search (link top right of the forum) for any of these products or undereye bags you'll find a lot more info. HTH - Molly
Sean
5% products discount

Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Molly for the advice. I have looked at so many products and there are loads that claim to transport fat somehow but I never know what to believe. I will try what you suggested. I was considering something called "FlabJab" which has just appeared in Uk but its expensive at £300 per treatment in a salon but claims to give perminant results. Smile
PS. Am I the only guy on here ,lol
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Flabjab sounds frightening, but who knows it might be just what we're looking for.

And don't worry, we do have guys and some of them are just as bad as us. You can take a look here link http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4925&highlight=guy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I forgot. Cellcosmet is for women! The company's products are gender specific, apparantly very carefully tailored to the skin differences in men and women. You might like to look at Cellman instead. But I know nothing about it so I can't recommend it and I don't remember ever reading a user's review. I don't see why you can't use the Cellcosmet eye contour cream, but just thought I'd mention.
Sean
5% products discount

Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks again Molly.

I have just booked a consultation about the 'Flabjab' and I might go ahead with it ... The photos I've seen look impressive.I'll use the products you suggested to enhance the results Very Happy I saw the Cellman but I think I will use the womens product as it is tried and tested to work. I think the only difference between mens and womens products is the fragrance. Might get botox too,lol.... OMG I could become addicted to facial treatments Laughing
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Sean - if you go ahead will you please remember to come back and let us know if it works. There's a few of us here who long to rid ourselves of the fatty bags. Do you know if there are any websites showing Flabjab?

IMHO I think you're a bit young to need Botox. You could try a more gentle topical treatment like Argireline which also relaxes muscles (again see Cellularskinrx.com for a cheap one). A lot of younger forum users use it for prevention.
Sean
5% products discount

Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Molly,
Yes I'll keep everyone informed about the results if I go ahead. The official website is in Uk but I'm sure there maybe other clinics in US that also have the same treatment but under a different name. This is the uk site http://www.flabjab.net/ The treatment works on other areas of the body too but I suppose it can get very expensive if you're not careful.There are some good before and after pictures on this site so I think you'll get the idea . Smile
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Sean wrote:
Thanks again Molly.

I have just booked a consultation about the 'Flabjab' and I might go ahead with it ... The photos I've seen look impressive.I'll use the products you suggested to enhance the results Very Happy I saw the Cellman but I think I will use the womens product as it is tried and tested to work. I think the only difference between mens and womens products is the fragrance. Might get botox too,lol.... OMG I could become addicted to facial treatments Laughing

Sean,

On another thread I read that the differnece between the Cellcosmet and Cellmen was hormones. If a woman were to use the men's line, they said it might cause facial hair growth...or something. I have no idea what could happen if you tried products from the women's line...I can't see why it would be bad, but I just though I would mention it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
whoah, the Flabjab's interesting. I would never have a needle stuck in my eye (again Confused) but they say the ingredient which dissolves the fat is a derivitive of soy lecithin so I'm wondering if one of our DIYers could help me make a serum for topical application and whether it would be able to penetrate the skin and have the same but slower effect. So that's another avenue.

Did they show you more photos Sean? I'm not that impressed with seeing just one undereye photo and she looks a bit wrinkly afterwards. Even if I saw a few more I think photography's a cunning art, besides they only ever select the good results. I think you're very brave.
Sean
5% products discount

Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Molly,
From my understanding of soy lecithin, the molecule would be too large to pass through the skin so it wouldn't be possible to use it topically:( . I did some research on 'phosphatidylcholine' which is the fat desolving chemical responsible for the effects of the 'FlabJab'. I was shocked to see that if you knew what you were doing , an ampule would only cost about £5.00 to buy but you get charged £300.00 for the treatment in a salon Mad ! However I can't find anywhere that ships to UK or US for some reason so the DIY idea is a non starter. As for the pictures, I saw a programme on TV who was having the treatment and they followed her progress so it gave you a better idea of the results you can obtain. It's being promoted as an alternitive for liposuction because it is non invasive. I must admit it does look great, I just need to save the money for the treatment now Very Happy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for passing on your research - that's useful.

When you say the molecule is too big. Do you mean of the Soy Lecithin of this chemical derivative used to dissolve the fat or both?

It might be banned for use by the general public in the UK, but I'm in China. You can buy most any dangerous drugs over the counter. I might have a look when I'm next in a big city.
Sean
5% products discount

Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I am refering to Soy Lecithin . I know that Soy Lecithin is used as a food supplement and is processed by the liver into choline which helps burn fat for energy but I don't know enough about phosphatidylcholine to comment . If you find anything out please let me know . Believe me if I could buy this myself I would do some DIY treatments Laughing
Sean
5% products discount

Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks faith

Hormones are very delicate and oxidize very easily so when a supplement or cream claims to have hormones in it I would be very skeptical. There are plants that stimulate hormone release which are natural and relitively safe but the actual hormones which come in HGH injections or steroids should be avoided and are prescription only and are very expensive and dangerous .
Kk1668
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Sean, it could also be water retention, try to cut down in salt or simply cut it all out to see if there is an difference. Don't drink water right before you go to sleep, or else you will wake up with puffy eyes too. I always have frozen teaspoons in the freezer, just put them on your eyes to help subside the puffiness.

KK
Sean
5% products discount

Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kk1668,

The eating too much salt makes sense because I have to admit I probably eat too much. I will try to cut down to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I checked out the site Sean posted and I think it's fascinating. I'm wondering if its the same thing as what is called mesotherapy stateside. Does anyone know?
Sean
5% products discount

Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi katee,
I think 'FlabJab' is a trademark so many clinics offer the same service under 'mesotherapy'although not all clinics doing mesotherapy offer this service. You could try looking for 'Lipodissolve' which is the same as'FlabJab'and uses the same technique.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I'll do a google.... thank you!

Actually I like "lipodissolve" better than FLABJAB...lollll Wink
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Katee
I remember you saying once that you nearly became a doctor and still have a strong interest in medicine so I'm wondering if you'd have the knowledge to understand whether this derivative of the soy lecithin (phosphatidylcholine) could be used in some kind of topical serum? i.e. whether it can penetrate the skin and whether you need it in such strong doses for the lipodissolve function that it would be impossible topically? And whatever other questions that I don't know to ask? Interesting. Thanks - M
Sean
5% products discount

Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Well do you think the creams that bodybuilders use to reduce fat will work on those fat pads under your eyes ?
They contain a sunstance called 'Yohimbine' which apparantly blocks the mechanism which tells the body to store fat and so helps breakdown localised fat pockets such as cellulite. Has anyone tried them and do they work ???
Oh this extract is also used as a natural treatment for erectile disfunction in men too but what this has to do with cellulite I haven't a clue ,lol

Sean Very Happy
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sean - thanks for that. I'm going to ask Winnie to ask Janson Beckett if any of these things are feasible for use in a topical serum. She works for them but she's on holiday right now. She says she's always nagging them about this (she's afflicted by the fatty bags too), but they say no current cellulite treatments are good for the eye area right now so I'm doubtful, but worth a try. M
Sean
5% products discount

Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Molly,

I am saving money for the 'FlabJab' treatment (great name,lol) but in the mean time I am searching for a cheaper topical treatment that actually works too. I will keep you informed if I find anything usful.

Sean xx
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |