Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Review: Freeze 24-7's Plump Lips
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:39 am      Reply with quote
What-EVER.
I spent $55 CDN at Holt Renfrew for this stuff. It comes in a traditional gloss cylinder with a sponge-lip applicator. It's clear. It stings. It plumped my lips a little bit - but nothing that lasted more than 2 or 3 hours - with very minimal results for that period of time. It's very sticky...and it really stings if you get it in the corners of your mouth (yikes!)...It does not wear well with lipstick - and don't even bother trying to use any kind of lip primer...this stuff is like glue - and it doesn't penetrate to the point where you could use a lip liner or a full-colour lipstick. The only thing you could get away with is a dab of coloured gloss on top of it. Tie your hair back if you go outside with this stuff on - I promise you, if it is a windy day your hair will stick to your lips if you don't tie it back. Also: the packaging is such that when you put the wand back into the cylinder, the pressure pushes some of the plumper out of the top -- leaving "guck" all around the opening...yuck. Won't be buying this again....
Pudoodles
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:48 am      Reply with quote
rofl
at image of hair stuck to lips. Sorry it was such a let down. Can you take it back to shop?
I think I would try as it was such a waste of money and didn't live up to it's promise.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:12 am      Reply with quote
I know, eh? Ridiculous, isn't it?? I've had it for more than a month now...so I can't return it.......I'm using just a bit of it on my upper lip right at the cupid's bow....not putting on enough to F-up my lipstick...I get a bit of a boost but nothing to call home about.....I'll use it up but I won't buy it again...now way. I *might* try that Lipfusion stuff - and if that doesn't measure up then I'm going to stop wasting my money on lip plumpers....if I get really desperate for a lip boost, I'lljust get it injected...(sigh)
Pudoodles
Elainakay
5% products discount

Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I totally hear you! I too spent way to much money on this crappy product. Not real plumping, or very temporary. Leaves the skin around your lips very red if you go outside the lines. Also...I hate the applicator and the way it gushes out the top. At 45.00 a pop, it should not be gushing out the top. A definate two thumbs down.

Elainakay
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm finding that the HA capsules are the only thing that works. Although buying these supplements isn't cheap either.

Sigh.........

Lori

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:21 am      Reply with quote
It sounds as if they all basically perform the same way.....whether on the "cheap" or expensive. After reading a review by another member, I ordered "Pump 'Em Up" by Sugar from Sephora. My results were similar to yours, although I did notice some plumping effect (minimal and very temporary). I don't mind the tingling sensation, though. You must be careful to avoid the skin surrounding your lips, or you will get a "kool-aid" halo!!! For a mere $15.00, not a bad investment!!!
Elainakay
5% products discount

Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Do you apply the HA capsules topically or take them orally? Sounds rather interesting...

While on the subject of lip area, anyone have suggestions for lines around the lip area?
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Take the Hylaronic Acid capsules orally, and within a night or two you should notice some plumping. I noticed after the first night of taking 50mg. Now I take 50 mg in the AM and 50mg in the PM. My lips stay plumped all day.

Lori

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the caveat on this product Pudoodles. I'd been curious to know if it was any good ever since I heard Marilyn Dennis (City TV, Toronto), rave about it Confused

$55 saved Very Happy

Anya
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:26 am      Reply with quote
sounds pretty gross....

5% products discount

Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Pudoodles that this is very sticky and does not absorb at all but I don't like it for a different reason - it works too well on me and I don't like how my lips look 'plumped up' Confused So I won't be wasting my money on any other products!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Elainakay wrote:
Do you apply the HA capsules topically or take them orally? Sounds rather interesting...

While on the subject of lip area, anyone have suggestions for lines around the lip area?
I can't believe you haven't read the epic thread on the HA/collagen supplements yet! Here's the link: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3625&start=0

5% products discount

Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Hey thanks Caretake...no I had not read that thread, but glad you suggested it! I actually looked for HA on the weekend but had no luck. However you mentioned Walgreens and I did not look there.Looking forward to checking out the new pout. Hopefully doesn't puff up anything other than my lips... hhmmm...does it work on cleavage? Neutral
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
This HA stuff souns great,and this lipfusion also...I have naturally ful lips.but i wont to have them perfectlyjavascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy but im afrait,that these things are not really something for sensitive types...Anybody knows "Molton Brown Wonderlips?" I had it. It makes your lips a little swollen,but not much...I dont think its great...javascript:emoticon('Sad')
Sad
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
I know, eh? Ridiculous, isn't it?? I've had it for more than a month now...so I can't return it.......I'm using just a bit of it on my upper lip right at the cupid's bow....not putting on enough to F-up my lipstick...I get a bit of a boost but nothing to call home about.....I'll use it up but I won't buy it again...now way. I *might* try that Lipfusion stuff - and if that doesn't measure up then I'm going to stop wasting my money on lip plumpers....if I get really desperate for a lip boost, I'lljust get it injected...(sigh)
Pudoodles

I've had no problem getting a refund at holt's even after a month-if you have the bill or if you put it on a holt's card-they bend over backward to please you-at the very least ask for an exchange. Wink Too much $ to throw away
appyone
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Well, looks like I shoulda investigated this company better...if id' known that one of their products had such bad reviews I would have thought twice about paying $125.00 for their "Eyecicles" Rolling Eyes cuz, yes the stuff gives a cool icy feel to the skin around the eyes, but it also produces a burning later on and leave the sensitive skin dried and irritated!!
No miracles here, just disapointment Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:57 am      Reply with quote
We've all done it! I know it really sucks! Just try to forget about it... Wink

5% products discount

Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
my friend recommended this but it didn't works on me
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
i agree with a lot of the posters on here. the oral ha capsules work nicely, and the lipfusion. a combination of the two is great!!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |