Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
hyperpigmentation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
uk man
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:26 am      Reply with quote
hi...ive just ordered a vit c serum to help with my mild hyperpigmentation, my problem is ime going on holiday in 8 weeks to greece is this vit c going to be a waste of time if ime exposing myself to the sun?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi UKman - Don't worry, it's actually extremely beneficial if you're going to expose yourself to the sun. It not only acts as an anti-oxidant but studies show it boosts the power of your sunscreen. I think I read in a recent post by about 80%. Just let it soak in for 10 or 20 mins before you apply your sunscreen and/or you can use it at night, recent research posted here shows it boosts collagen production twice as much using it at night as in the day.

I should mention I posted before that I used a Vit C product which gave me some sun exposure problems, but when I think back I think it contained Vit C and AHA's not a good combo without sunscreen - maybe I confused some people.

It's very beneficial. Relax and have a good time. I Greece.
uk man
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:35 am      Reply with quote
can anyone recommend a good sunscreen for me please
Mabsy

Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:17 am      Reply with quote
I really like the Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense sumblock and I know that a few other people here also use it. If I were you though I would do a search for reviews of the Jan Marini sunblock that Winnie uses - apparently it's great. That's the next one I'm trying. Right after I use up my Skinceuticals and also the Murad oil-free one (which is fab too!).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:21 am      Reply with quote
I hate to contradict Mabsy, but I've noticed from the "Bad Bird and other sunscreeners thread that 2 previous Jan Marini advocates (this is just from memory of what they say they're using in earlier threads) have changed their minds about it, one because they went freckly. And I personally wasn't impressed by it at all.

You're in the UK so you can get better sunscreens. America and it seems Canada lag behind. European countries banned certain dangerous suncreen chemicals a long time ago and they have new, apparantly better ones which have not been approved by the US yet.

Just check out the last couple of pages of the BB thread you'll see a couple of sunscreens recommended. Avene is one of them and it's widely available in the UK and not expensive. Skinceuticals is OK (though the sunscreeners also dismiss it because it has marginally less UVA protection than others), but IMHO it's not worth importing it when you can get something just as good if not better at home.
Mabsy

Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
I hate to contradict Mabsy, but I've noticed from the "Bad Bird and other sunscreeners thread that 2 previous Jan Marini advocates (this is just from memory of what they say they're using in earlier threads) have changed their minds about it, one because they went freckly. And I personally wasn't impressed by it at all.

Thank you Molly. I haven't read that thread closely and I just remember Winnie raving about it Smile I shall go and have a closer read....

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Smile Ok ime a guy... what i really need is one of u ladies to virtually take me to the store and show me the sunscreen i need.(joke) Seriously i live in the uk so apparantely i have a great choice of the best sunscreens but which one? please you ladies help me pick
Mabsy

Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:42 am      Reply with quote
uk man wrote:
Smile Ok ime a guy... what i really need is one of u ladies to virtually take me to the store and show me the sunscreen i need.(joke) Seriously i live in the uk so apparantely i have a great choice of the best sunscreens but which one? please you ladies help me pick

Laughing

ok, what skin type do you have?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:44 am      Reply with quote
i have slightly oily skin...thanx
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |