Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
mineral foundations
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy hi, i use BE because it is one powder and it takes the red away on face and chest area. can ladies who use this type of foundation tell me what there favorite mineral loose foundation is... also the brush too Wink i dont like putting on 3-4 different powders on to achive getting the red out. i tried pure luxe and i didnt like it at first... Sad but after playing with it and the (what red) i am getting better.. so i do recomend it if you have time to put all these powders on. i dont. Rolling Eyes one powder that takes out the red, and hit the road Arrow any advice would be helpful..... Idea thanks....
lassie 1234 Wink
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have pale skin that gets easily flushed plus my poor nose gets pink in winter (if I'm not careful ppl might think I'm Rudolph!! Laughing ) and I love JI Pressed Powder in Amber, applied with the JI Handi Brush. It gives me enough coverage to hide any redness but doesn't make me look cakey. I usually apply a little Jurlique Rose Dust to set it and then spritz with either JI H2O or Jurlique Rose Water to stop it becoming to powdery.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Razz thanks for the info. ill check it out.. Wink lassie 1234
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
This stuff is the most concentrated MMU I've ever tried. You need a light hand otherwise you'll look terrible. The site is Alpha Skincare (www.alphaskincare.com). Jenya carries this heavier version and a "lite" version. It's worth trying her samples. I promise you'll only need one light application to cover red. YMMV but it's worth a look.

Alexis
kmcgrath

Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
I love the foundation and the bisque. It covers great. Use the brushes they suggest and youll be fine. Takes a bit getting used to but if you turn on QVC on June 8 12midnight eastern, BE is on. They show you how to use everything. Dont forget he mineral veil too. :D
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy hi, thanks for the info..ill be watching.. i have a BE kit coming anythime now. it has 3 brushes and the veil, shawdow,liner,foundation, blush 3 brushes and that STUPID REVER- UPPER Shock Mad Rolling Eyes the stuff is really nice. but had a bad experience for awhile using renova Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation check me out on RENOVA...omg.. if your just starting any acid'y creams or serums it will burn. Mad i want to get the bisque and the brush for that. then im done except eye shadows.... ILL HAVE MY LIFE BACK Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation bye ,
lassie 1234 Wink
CharlieBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:16 am      Reply with quote
I have just given up on mmu. I even went to several places that sell mmu and had the makeup artists apply it and I still cannot get it to look right. I guess i am stuck with old school liquid foundation.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:55 am      Reply with quote
CharlieBaby, I agree, sort of. It seems the longer I wear MMU, the less thrilled I am with it. Just seems to start settling into fine lines in the winter. I still wear it during the summer for the sunscreen benefits. And it's light and easy.

I've never even tried BE or any of the "store" brands because they all contain bismuth which makes me look very shiny. I was a fan of JI for years until I discovered all those independent MMU makers out there. Evans Garden (very light but natural coverage) and Alpha Skincare (wears like IRON) are the two I continue to purchase.

Alexis
kmcgrath

Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:32 am      Reply with quote
The mineral veil helps with shine especially in the summer. Put some on your eyelashes with a shadow brush and then put on mascara. It looks really good too. The bisque will help like I said. I use it overthe powder foundation and just a bit goes a long way. You need to practice but youll get the hang of it

Kathy
bareFaced Minerals

Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone! Marie asked me to stop by and say hello to everyone! I'm Rhonda of bareFaced Mineral Cosmetics, and I'm happy to answer questions for you if there's anything I can assist with! I have been creating for over a year now and I love it! Application can be intimidating until you get the hang of it, so don't give up! Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to say that Rhonda is GREAT!!! Her stuff is wonderful and I'm sorry I forgot to mention her in my favs. Her "matte" MMU is wonderful, not to mention the shadows and blushes. (Talk about sucking up!) Very Happy

But that's what I was talking about in my original post of independent MMU companies. You get exceptional service from people who really care.

Alexis
kmcgrath

Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
but does yr stuff have a SPF of 15? Bare Minerals does

Kathy
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Smile hi, looking for 1 powder that will cover and take out the red .. no green powders first. hate shimmers.. would like to look at eye shadows..i use BE now and really like it. but willing to sample others. Think will check out website. wave Arrow lassie 1234
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Kathy, Not Rhonda but MOST MMUs contain titanium dioxide and zinc oxide - rendering them with an SPF15. That's nothing unique to BE. Not sure about the actual value of BfM but I'm sure Rhonda will chime in soon.

Alexis
bareFaced Minerals

Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Alexis52 wrote:
Kathy, Not Rhonda but MOST MMUs contain titanium dioxide and zinc oxide - rendering them with an SPF15. That's nothing unique to BE. Not sure about the actual value of BfM but I'm sure Rhonda will chime in soon.

Alexis

HI Alexis! And thanks!

Most all MMU has an SPF of 15-25, depending on the amount of Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide used, and depending on the formula. Extra coverage formulas usually range closer to SPF25.

Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. BE is kind of expensive so maybe Ill try another. What are yr favs

Kathy[/b]
jen1929

Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks kmcgrath for the QVC Update. I'm a new user and looking for tips for application and to purchase blush and eye colors. Just set my TiVo for the BE airing.
Jen
lassie1234
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy BE show coming up on QVC 7th and 8th.might get a deal if you like that product.. im dying for a kabuki brush Very Happy who's gonna be watching? Razz Arrow lassie 1234[/b]
kmcgrath

Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I like Golden Gate blush. It is great with my skin color. Application works best with the brushes. It takes a bit of times but like I wrote they do it all on the QVC show They have great TSV's

Kathy
nicky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I would just like to ask Rhonda a question - i have tried just one line of mineral makeup - that of Pure Luxe it was good coverage and that but i have dry skin and even the cream foundation was dring on my skin. Do u have a mineral foundation that is moisturising as i really love the idea of the mineral makeup and wanna change from the clinique that i currently use.

Many Thanks
Nicola

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Smile hi, i have dry skin too and i found pure luxe didnt work for me either..i looked like a cake pan Cool Embarassed but im using BE minerals and using the rever upper under my moisturizer and it seems to work really good. make sure your moisturizer has an spf in it. sorry you did ask someone else this question... but i was in that stituation before.. remember, what works for me might not work for you. this is my expirence. and.. A LITTLE GOES ALONG WAY... just keep swirling into face. have a good one Arrow lassie 1234
bareFaced Minerals

Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nicole

Vitamin E can be added to any of my formulas for additional moisture content. I can do this for you; no extra charge. A little tiny bit goes a long way!
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah Rhonda!!!! You're here! Laughing

Okay, ladies, you now have an expert on the boards!

Rhonda, I didn't know you could add Vitamin E to your minerals!!! Had I but known! Beige II was a GREAT match but as my skin was dry I switched to B101 and AL's Glissade for the extra moisture.....BUT....Now I MUST try BFM w/E!!! Next time I order (soon!) I'll email you about trying that!

So glad to see you here!

Laughing Maria

Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Maria!

Adding Vitamin E is not a problem Very Happy

Just add it in the comment box when you order!

There is a discount coupon available through June 15th:

15% off $20 order or more.
MMM4440
nicky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:13 am      Reply with quote
Rhonda,

thanks for the info regarding the Vit E in ur minerals - i will hopefully get a chance to order some BE minerals over the weekend - unfortunately my work computer blocks your website, so i cant order now I am really excited about trying this now. Can u tell me do u ship to the UK??

Lassie1234, i know i asked Rhonda the question but the more info i get regarding this the better and u have had a similar experience also so thanks for ur reply - much appreciated.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |