Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Would you recommend Prevage?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I am still up in the air about purchasing this. If I am correct, most of those who tried it were not overly impressed.
However, this seems to be one of those products you need to use for awhile before you see any real benefit. (????)

If anyone is still using it and has any strong feelings about it, could you let me know?
The research is so intriguing.( the price,however, is not Rolling Eyes ......)

Thank you!
Lisa

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have had great results with Prevage, but it seems I'm one of a few who are happy with it. Most of the time I use it twice per day, after cleansing morning and night and have been doing so since it became available on the market in January. The appearance of my pore size has been reduced, and my tone and texture have really improved. I started seeing results within days of using Prevage. The changes in my face were so great that my family members even commented on it and they have never done that before. I had tried antioxidants in the past, but they never gave me that boost that Prevage has.

I am just now on my second bottle so it really does last a long time. You only use a pea size amount per usage so it isn't as expensive as it seems.

Alot of people though have had some minor reactions to Prevage, so please purchase it from a vendor that will give you a refund. Personally I had some very very minor dryness (not flaking) initially which lasted only 2-3 days. Other than that, there was no purging, blackheads or any other kind of reaction.

Obviously Prevage does not work for everyone and I count myself lucky because I wouldn't want to go without it now.

Hope this helps!

-Cheri
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for posting. I would jump on it if it weren't for the steep price tag.

Your post is one check for "yes"!! I'll wait and see if anyone else posts. (I know there was already a pretty thorough thread about it.) Just wondered if anyone like it enough to still be using~

You've been a great help!

Lisa

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
ajax - katee's still a user, but I gave up after 2 months. I didn't like the consistency of it -- I won't go without sunscreen and Prevage would kinda ball up on me, even after taking Cheri's advice to use a little less. Since I use pretty potent sunscreen (even THAT balls up a bit), Prevage was just too much of an application problem. Now I'm trying Vit.C serum since it's clear and easier to layer over.

It's become apparent to me that a product's effectiveness truly depends on the individual user's skin. You're right - Prevage and other anti-oxidants don't necessarily work quickly - it may take months to see results. Sometimes it's hard to stick with an expensive item when it doesn't provide immediate and/or unmistakably visible results, but rather slow and gradual ones. Considering how much plastic surgery and other procedures cost, I justify (rationalize?) the expense of these products by comparison. My husband would kill me if he knew what I spend on this stuff Shock Laughing

What other products have you tried and didn't like? Or which ones have you been pleased with? This may give you some indication of what type of skin care works best for you. Maybe you should post your age, skin type and what kind of results you're looking for and wait for a little more feedback. Good luck!!!
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:08 am      Reply with quote
Well, m.april, that might be a check for "no", then....I have been using Ombrelle and LRP sunscreens and I have to be really careful about what products I use under them. If Prevage won't sit well under my sunscreen that is a problem. It seems like a good preventative product, tho, and I like the thought of that.

I am thinking of purchasing the Avene after reading the thread regarding sunscreens. I use AlphaDerma and really like it, but am concerned the two products are rendering themselves ineffective . So, I only use the Alphaderma at night. Thought maybe I could use the Prevage during the day. I do use Vit C, which is great. I am currently using the C&C Serum from JB, whichis nice. Have also used Vivier and Skinceuticals(the latter being my fave so far). Maybe I should just stick with that.

My skin is combination, has a tendency to be sensitive, but haven't had problems with anything for a long time ( and I have tried SOOOOOOO many products since becoming a member here!) Looking for that magic bullet, I guess. Mainly looking to ward off the fine lines and wrinkles I seem to be acculmulating at an alarming rate! Also to tone....big concerns with loss of tone. (Feel like gravityis starting to have its way with me Crying or Very sad)

I apreciate your comments. I may hold off on this for a bit. Still on my list to try when my pocketbook permits. Maybe will try the Esthers Secret for tone and stick with Vit c.

So confused. But you have really helped.
Lisa

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi there

I've been using Prevage since it became available on the U.S. market. I think I mentioned before that the results are very hard to put my finger on precisely but they are definitely there.

I apply it in the am immediately after cleansing. I usually wait a few minutes then apply IS Clinical Super Serum, IS Clinical Hydra Cool, then finally a sunscreen.

I also saw results within a few days of beginning to use Prevage. A bit later, I switched to IS Clinical, but continued with the Prevage. A few weeks ago, I figured that maybe the Prevage wasn't worth its cost and stopped using it for a few days. I saw the difference almost immediately!!

Now, the tricky thing is if you ask me WHAT the difference was, I can't quite put my finger on it. My skin just didn't look quite as lively and it also got alot oilier alot faster. So, I'm back to using my Prevage and am all happy again.

Although I don't think it quite lived up to all the hype that surrounded it, I do think its a good product...
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Katee~

Sounds like you have the perfect regimen.
If I ever have enough$$ to spend on skincare (at one time,anyway!) I think I would be inlcined to use those same products. They all sound terrific.

Apreciate the help! Not making this easy for me Wink Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ajax,

Did you ever take the plunge and buy Prevage?
Katee and others, are you still using it? My derm recommended using it along w/Retin A micro. In fact he mentioned it is being reformulated sometime soon and also Elizabeth Arden is coming out w/a .05% product containing the same active as Prevage. Any thoughts? Thanks! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi LifeP.

No, I never did purchase. I kept reading reviews and there were just too many negative ones. One even said she has to throw it out because after using consistently for awhile she felt her skin looked even worse Confused

I still tend to believe it is one of those products whose benefits are not always immediately apparent. (Tho on the flip side there were the positives, as you read above....)

So, still torn. And at the moment too broke to even consider Sad . please post reviews if you decide to go ahead with it.

Lisa

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Ajax,

Thanks for letting me know. I too am hesitant based on some of the reviews. It would be one thing if the reviews showed reactions that were ones I could handle, i.e. clogged pores, but such extreme reactions make me nervous. Shock If I do try the product it won't be until the new year..I'm broke!!! Embarassed Will keep you posted though!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Prevage is still in my routine - haven't changed a thing and couldn't be happier!

At one point, I was convinced that the results I was getting were all due to the IS Clinical line, and I stopped using Prevage for a little while. But, within a week, I picked it up again. I can't put my finger on just what is was that was different, but my skin just didn't look quite as good without the Prevage.

I'm also happy to report that, overall, the results of my total skincare routine seem to be cumulative. As pleased as I was a couple of months ago, when I first started sounding like an IS Clinical cultist, my skin looks even better now. If I could afford it, I think I'd slather myself in this stuff from head to toe Shock
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Katee,

Thanks for the post. You are one of the fortunate ones who has a great routine that works!! I too like IS Clinical (using their SS now), but most of their other products are just too strong for me. Glad to know you are having positive results w/Prevage as well. Hopefully by the new year I can start a new regimen. This will include a shot at Retin A micro-again and possibly Prevage. Pls. keep us posted if any changes occur, better or worse, with Prevage. Smile Txs!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Katee,
Thank you for your post. I have used it and not sure if I saw a difference. What did you notice when you stopped using it?

I stopped using it and did not notice a difference.
I'm willing to try again but I think I'm going to buy Vivier 20%
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Speaking of prevage, did anyone else hear that they've revamped their formula-more moisturizing now?? Confused If true, not good news for me...
skin adict
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Ajax,
I have about 1/2 full bottle of Prevage (hard to tell how much remains because metal pump bottle) that I can send to you if you would like. I can ship within the US (international too $$).

I used it and had nice results, but am focusing on getting rid of hyperpigmentation. If you already bought some, I'll probably just post it on the MUA swap board.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Well, to answer laslavic's question about what I noticed when I stopped using Prevage: uhhhhh I dunno exactly ! (laughing...)

I'm serious about that though; I can't really put my finger on what was different. With the Prevage, it's as if my skin always has a healthy glow - even when I'm totally stressed out.

My bf even commented on it, and he's usually oblivious to that kind of thing. About 4 weeks after I started working Prevage into my skincare routine, we were relaxing after a particularly grueling week. He knew I had been getting very little sleep and looked at me and shook his head. Said something like, "geez how the hell do you do it? you haven't sleep more than 4 hours any nite this week and you look all fresh and healthy." He's always pretty sweet, but I have to say, it was one of the nicest compliments I ever got Exclamation
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
That is so sweet! Does he have a friend for me? Smile
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Really laughing....
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I only get compliments from co-workers & friends.

Never from a man, except to say that they like me but they are dating other women. Crying or Very sad

Some have it all, some don't.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |