Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Tarte Smooth Operator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:11 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy mentioned this in passing, so of course I had to run out and buy it. Here is my review.

Oh. My. Goodness. Wow is all I can really say. I have oily/combo skin, so I have a real tendency to use foundatins which are thick and drying to cover what I consider to be very splotchy skin. Not any more. This foundation is absolutely beautiful. It has the perfect coverage...it's almost as if it creates an optical illusion. It has just enough coverage to even everything out, and instead of creating a false glow with the skin, it seems to bring out the natural glow of your skin (believe it or not, you do have one!) The coverage is sheer enough to do all of this without settling into lines, caking, turning orange, or doing any of those other heinous things that "good-foundation-gone-bad" do! Also, I love the fact that it is in a squeeze bottle. Another fact the Sephora MA pointed out to me was that this ALREADY has vitams A,C, and E, as well as a sunscreen. So smooth some on, pat on a little powder to set, if you are oily, and away you go. It really is that easy. Will definitely buy again. The bottle is big, and I can see after using it once that this will list a good, long while, even with daily use. A face-saver for the Texas heat this summer!
Mabsy

Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:11 am      Reply with quote
I'm really glad you tried this! It is a great light foundation - though more of a tinted moisturiser I think. Now that my skin has decided to move to "normal" from "combo" I can get away without any powder on top and it looks really natural. Just some of this (I've got it in 'Veil') followed by Stila blush pot in Petunia and I'm good to go. I'm using this at the moment as I finished off my first compact if JI pressed foundation (will definitely repurchase though).

I knew it had sunblock in it but didn't know about the other ingredients - sounds good though! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:06 am      Reply with quote
I guess I am even more 'very fair' than you, I am using 'facade'. Although, it is so sheer that I think you could get away with a shade above or below.

I think it is more of a TM, as well, but I figure if the manufacturer calls it a foundation, so will I. Laughing
Mabsy

Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:35 am      Reply with quote
To be honest I think I could go a shade lower, but Veil suits me just fine. I had to figure out what shade to get online so I never got a chance to actually compare the shades. I got Thoughtcrime to get this for me but she actually couldn't find it in Detroit either so she had to order online as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Drat!! Just when I'd talked myself out of getting this one. Still can't figure out what shade to get..... I wear medium in Bobbi Brown TM, NC30-35 in Mac...need yellow-toned. Veil sounds good-it says it's for medium complexions, but if Mabsy wears it, I can't. Incognito, has red/yellow untertones & is dark beige (according to sephora). Disguise has pink undertones. I'm all confused. Any help would be appreciated.
Gypsy
5% products discount

Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just got a bottle of tart smooth operator a couple of weeks ago. And I wasnt really impressed with it.

I went to the tarte website and used their celebrity skin chart to pick a foundation out...My coloring is identical to that Cruise actress (sorry forgot her first name) and they had her listed under the shade incognito. Anywho, when I got my foundation, the color was too dark. It was too orange not olive enough, but Ive been using it anyways. I dont really like the coverage it gives me either. There is some sort of shimmer(its very faint)but it brings out my pores. I also dont like the way it felt on my face. My face feels humid when Im wearing it(if that makes sense). The feeling isnt too bad but I keep wanting to wipe my face.

Just my 2 cents. Im glad the foundation is working so well for you guys. =)
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Gypsy wrote:
I just got a bottle of tart smooth operator a couple of weeks ago. And I wasnt really impressed with it.

I went to the tarte website and used their celebrity skin chart to pick a foundation out...My coloring is identical to that Cruise actress (sorry forgot her first name) and they had her listed under the shade incognito. Anywho, when I got my foundation, the color was too dark. It was too orange not olive enough, but Ive been using it anyways. I dont really like the coverage it gives me either. There is some sort of shimmer(its very faint)but it brings out my pores. I also dont like the way it felt on my face. My face feels humid when Im wearing it(if that makes sense). The feeling isnt too bad but I keep wanting to wipe my face.

Just my 2 cents. Im glad the foundation is working so well for you guys. =)

I went on their site too. I was kinda confused with their celebrity skin chart when they paired Penelope Cruz with Jennifer Lopez Confused I have a problem with TM turning orange when they're too dark and shimmer dosen't look good in high heat & humidity. Thanks. I don't think I'll go for it. Too bad. This actually has good sun protection too!!
Mabsy

Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:07 am      Reply with quote
I don't think the Veil has any kind of shimmer in it - not that I can see anyway.

Marina - if you're really itching to try this then PM me your address and I'll try to find a little container for a sample of the Veil Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I was thinking the same thing, Mabsy. I even went and spread some on the back of my hand to see if I had missed the 'shimmers', but I didn't see any. Dermalogica's sheer tint has a few shimmers, but they really don't bother me.

Liz
Gypsy
5% products discount

Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I was hesitant to use the word "shimmer" but couldnt think of a better word. I'm talking about "the light reflecting particles", which are subtle, but they are there,heh. I think its what gives the foundation a very slight glow finish. It could be more noticeable on me b/c the shade Im using is too dark. =)
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |