Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Concealers: Jane Iredale Circle Delete vs. MAC Moisturecover
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:10 am      Reply with quote
While I was in San Diego I went on a bit of a lip gloss and concealer spree. Well not really a spree, but I bought two concealers while I needed none Smile

One of the concealers I bought was the MAC Moisturecover concealer, which I believe is the newest MAC concealer (or, at least, it wasn't out in Australia yet last time I looked). I have to say that I am very impressed by this concealer and having mentioned it in another thread Pudoodles asked me how it compared to the JI Circle Delete. That was last week and I promised to get back to her straight away. But a few things came in the way and I am just doing this now (sorry Pudoodles!). So here goes...

I really the JI Circle Delete concealer. I have it in #2 and find that it's fantastic at covering up dark circles without drying out the area or being hard to blend. It's been my long time favorite concealer - and it still is. The JI Circle Delete actually comes with two shades in each container so that you can either mix and match or use them for different purposes (cover dark circles or veins for example). It is a cream formulation concealer which seems to be long lasting. I would also say that this has a fair bit of pigment in it so let's call it a medium coverage concealer (maybe leaning towards heavy coverage if you build it up).

The MAC Moisturecover is a liquid formulation and as the name suggests it is not drying at all - although I wouldn't go as far as to say that it moisturises. I have this in NW20 and it does suit my skin perfectly. Oddly, it's slightly darker than the yellowy shade in JI Circle Delete #2 which also suits me just fine. After using the Moisturecover for the last week I have really come to appreciate it and I would definitely repurchase. Just like the JI CD, this is a long lasting concealer and it's perfect for the eye area because it doesn't seem to crease or dry the area out. Compared to the JI CD, this leaves the eye area feeling silkier (although that can be taken to feel like it's drier than the JI - which it definitely isn't), almost like it has a powdery type finish. The main difference between the MAC and the JI CD is in the pigment. To me, the MAC Moisturecover is a sheerer concealer. I have found that it's really great at brightening up the undereye area if you don't have any major problems. The last few days I have had trouble sleeping and the MAC didn't really do the same job as the JI CD does.

So, bottom line, I love the JI and the MAC Moisturecover but would use them in different circumstances. I find myself using the Moisturecover on days that I ordinarily wouldn't use a concealer on - simply because I like how it wakes the area up. Come to think of it, the Moisturecover seems to have replaced my YSL Touche Eclat Shock I am sure it would do well for light dark circles as well. For days when I have serious dark circles - Jane Iredale Circle Delete still tops the list.

Btw, I also bought Prescriptives Traceless concealer and BeneFit Ooh La Lift (don't know what posessed me...) but have not yet used either. More on that after I get a chance to use them for a while. My current favorite "experiment" is comparing my various lash primers. I've got Shu Uemura's, Clinique's, Jane Iredale's, L'Oreal's, and Joey New York's. I'm using the same mascara (Dior Show) and taking pictures and notes on how the primers compare. I'll post the full comparison (incl. pics) in a week or so if anybody's interested.

Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:06 am      Reply with quote
I just want to update this because I have now used the MAC concealer regularly for a few weeks and am still liking it. The only thing that I have noticed is that it needs to be applied to a well moisturised eye area (if you're using it under the eyes) because it does dry quickly and is then very hard to blend. Other than that this has been the best dept store concealer I have tried so far I think!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:23 am      Reply with quote
I use MAC Studio Finnish to cover blemishes and so far this is the best concealer I have used.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:47 am      Reply with quote
How does the JI CD compare to touche eclat Mabsy? And, yes, I'm interested in the lash primer comparison pics! Very Happy

Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:35 am      Reply with quote
GG - The JI CD is much more pigmented. I can only really use the YSL Touche Eclat with very mild dark circles or just to lighten up the eye area in general (I've used it over the JI CD as well). To me the YSL is more of a highlighter whereas the JI CD is a proper pigmented concealer. I'll have to get back to you on the lash primer comparisons... My project was somewhat de-railed after I deleted a bunch of photos Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I'm interested in the primer results too! And thanks for the great reveiw, I use circle delete and find it quite, well, moist...I don't want to say greasy. The thing is, it covers so well, better than most. The only thing I've found that covers my under eye circles so well is Paula's Choice Soft Concealer. It's a tad dryer and doesn't crease..but that's another review!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy - Regarding the lash primers, you should really try Shiseido's Mascara base. It's fantastic!! Thickens my lashes and also helps hold the curl I get from my Shu Uemura eyelash curler!
- Good Luck Very Happy
Mabsy

Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:32 am      Reply with quote
Girlzmommie wrote:
Mabsy - Regarding the lash primers, you should really try Shiseido's Mascara base. It's fantastic!! Thickens my lashes and also helps hold the curl I get from my Shu Uemura eyelash curler!
- Good Luck Very Happy

Thanks for that! I mean that literally, my credit card means that in a sarcastic tone Laughing I'll try and get a hold of it if it's not too $$ and test it out as well.

Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I cant seem to find jane Iredale products anywhere in sydney. Bit hesitant to purchase online, as colours can be a bit finnicky. Mabsy- did you find the the Jane iredale concelour 'sit in the lines at all'? I find I have fairly dry undereye skin even after moisturising and a lot of the concelours sit in the lines and just dont look 'smooth'. I tend to prefer liquid concelour because I find generally they sit much smoother on the skin. Input would be much appreciated!
Mabsy

Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Riana - if you go to the JI website they have email addresses for international distributors. Just send the Aus&NZ distributor an email with your suburb & postcode and they should be able to tell you where the closest one is - or at least where you can find them in Sydney. I've done that before and got a quick reply.

I don't have any problems with a dry eye area so I don't have many lines there either. I find that this is a very creamy concealer so I don't think it would be settling, but I can't say that for sure sorry.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
YSL conceler in a pen is fabulous.

I also reallly like Lancome Effercern Long Tendue. Just sooo good.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |