Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Oils that work wonders on your skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
seabush
5% products discount

Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:12 am      Reply with quote
I've been reading some recent threads that praise avocado oil use for eyes and lips. What other oils (carrier or essential) have worked wondered on your skin?

Crystal
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:20 am      Reply with quote
jojoba, love it and use it as my daily moisturiser now Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Jojoba oil is great for my hair too, it sink right in. When skin around my eyes are extra dry (I notice it happens when I take MSM, I so want my hair to grow fast), I use wheat germ oil UNDER my eyes. Grapeseed oil is OK, I didn't see much difference with it. Out of all the oil I have experimented, avocado oil is still my favourite Razz

I also noticed any products that contain peanut oil seem to help fade acne scars, but I haven't tried putting "cooking" peanut oil directly on face. Simply because it doesn't SOUND too good...

D

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I've recently returned to emu oil. I love the plumping effect it seems to have on my skin. I'm much too thin all over and I need this.
alliesd
5% products discount

Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I love camellia oil. It gives me a great glow and made my hair smooth and shine. My small acne scar indentations are also looking much better.
AJL-C
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi I use Decleor Aromessence neroli and Decleor Aromessence Iris, alternating once I have finished one they are fantastic I have the benefits of balancing and anti aging Smile
Heléne
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:56 am      Reply with quote
wave all!

I second the Neroli oil, but I also LOVE Dr H normalizing day oil; makes my skin so soft and glowy.... Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:59 am      Reply with quote
molly, emu oil whats that? how long was it before you saw a differece? Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
myztic wrote:
An "emu" is a flightless bird, sorta like an ostrich. Emu oil comes from emu birds. Not sure how they “harvest” the oil, though (i.e.: do they have to kill the birdy before they can get to the oil?)....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I love my Jojoba Oil, I have Grapeseed - is this one good for very oily skin and what other oils are recomended for us super oilies???

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Camelia oil for a week now and it has been great...it has worked really well for my daughters eczema as well! It is odourless and light, and sinks straight into the skin...

I have used Decleor's Neroli oil too, and that has been very good for normalising the skin.
Gypsy
5% products discount

Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
I could go on and on on how much my skin has beneifted from using emu oil. Some improvements are, no more eczema(sp), improvment on the tiny bumps on my upper arms, my skin feels mositurized(supple),improvements on stretch marks. The list of the benefits of emu oil is endless, I love this stuff.

Im also a big fan of jojoba oil, its very mositurzing and wont break you out.
Gypsy
5% products discount

Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
myztic wrote:
An "emu" is a flightless bird, sorta like an ostrich. Emu oil comes from emu birds. Not sure how they “harvest” the oil, though (i.e.: do they have to kill the birdy before they can get to the oil?)....

Yup the bird has to die to get the oil. That is the only down fall and it is a big one. That being said, people eat emu meat, its actually really good for you. If the fat is being used to get the oil, and people are eating the meat off the bird, imo, I think thats what nature intended. Its alot harder to justify killing a living creature JUST for cosmetic purposes. Although, emu oil has soo many benefits not just cosmetic ones.

I had read somewhere that Camillia(sp) or Candela(sp) is better than emu oil and it comes from a flower. Ive not tried it but Ive been wanting to.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Regarding carekate's post:

Quote:

Thankfully, the emu's do not suffer for us reaping the benefits from their oil. I've read that the oil is harvested from the emu's feathers, and then triple refined before it's packaged.

Regarding other oils, I tried the recommendation from another thread, DIY, I think, and used olive oil on my hair as a deep treatment this weekend. I saturated my hair and left it on for about 20 minutes before my normal wash and conditioner. My hair never felt so soft! It gave it a shine and styled very well, without feeling weighed down. I'm one to spend a moderate amount of money on hair products, I'm thrilled with this inexpensive solution!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
These are some of my favorites (not in a particular order)

1) jojoba oil: I use it frequently for my face and hair. Great as a moisturizer/conditioner.

2) Emu oil: it calms my skin. I use it at least twice daily for my face. Actually, it removes oil from my face, and I tend to have a matte finish. Kind of amazing.

3) wheat germ oil: I add some of this to my moisturizer. It is quite rich in vitamins and acts as an antioxidant.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I read wrong! I'm so sorry to hear how emu oil is harvested. I've used emu oil in the past, and was in la-la land over how it's made! I'm not a member of PETA or anything, but I'm not sure if I could ever use this product again.

Please disregard my earlier post.

5% products discount

Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Debra wrote:
Regarding carekate's post:

Quote:

Thankfully, the emu's do not suffer for us reaping the benefits from their oil. I've read that the oil is harvested from the emu's feathers, and then triple refined before it's packaged.

Wow, I feel alot better knowing that. I had read that the oil is harvested from the slab of fat on thier backs. You really did make my day, I had been debating not using the oil..not anymore =)
Gypsy
5% products discount

Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Debra wrote:
I guess I read wrong! I'm so sorry to hear how emu oil is harvested. I've used emu oil in the past, and was in la-la land over how it's made! I'm not a member of PETA or anything, but I'm not sure if I could ever use this product again.

Please disregard my earlier post.

I could be wrong, I read that back fat thing off a site about the benefits of emu oil. I didnt investigate it further, so it could very well be wrong information. I'll try and find the site again.

*EDIT* I found a good link that talks alot about emu birds and the differnt uses. And the bird does have to be "processed" for the oil. =(
http://www.emusupply.com/process_product_marketing.htm
seabush
5% products discount

Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Where are people buying their camellia tea oil from?

Crystal
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
as far as I read the emu oil is 'harvested' from a fat pad on the bird's back, but they're dead when they do it so I don't think it's a painful procedure requiring an anaesthetic.

I use squalene, emu and Camellia according to what I fancy at the time. They all seem to give the skin different qualities. At the moment I like the emu best. I put it on at night and it really absorbs and plumps out the skin. If I don't use it at night I pat a bit on in the the morning while I'm drinking coffee prior to washing my face and it absorbs really nicely.

Camellia's nice too, but not so plumping. It gives the face a sheen and it's lighter for day use. I use it over day treatments (like VitC ACDE) instead of a moisturiser.

Haven't tried the Jojoba or avocado, but want to now, of course. M
AJL-C
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Crystal I buy tea oil from QVC excellent value Very Happy

The other oil I have tried in the past is Neuxe (SP) incredable oil I think that contains camellia amongst other oils georgeous smell and great for skin and as a serum for the ends of your hair Smile
Nikita
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Crystal..

I bought mine from http://www.itselixir.com/ for about £5 for 200ml.

You can also buy it fromwww.goldportbeauty.com.

Hope that helps! Smile
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Gypsy wrote:
I had read somewhere that Camillia(sp) or Candela(sp) is better than emu oil and it comes from a flower. Ive not tried it but Ive been wanting to.
I think you mean "Calendula Extract," which isn't really considered an essential oil, but it's more of an "essence" extracted from the Calendula flower. It's actually one of the prime ingredients in Yonka's (completely astonishing and amazingly fantastic!!) "Juvenil" acne spot treatment. You can buy it online from websites likewww.thepersonalformulator.com, and you might be able to find it at health food stores (I know for sure that Whole Foods has it).

I'm a devotee of Ylang Ylang (note: essential oils must be mixed with a carrier oil and should never be used "neat") oil, and I love using olive oil to cleanse my face and remove makeup. I'm also really getting in to incorporating various essential oils into my skin and/or haircare products, whether I make them myself or "enhance" some store-bought products. For those interested in exploring the various essential oils and what they do, check out this link: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5922&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

I make a body oil that includes a little bit of everything: Vit-E oil, castor oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, olive oil, even plain vegetable cooking oil if I'm desperate -- whatever I happen to have on hand! To this mixture, I add a few drops of my fave fragrance oils (I prefer vanilla and orange), and I also add several drops of Clary Sage essential oil, as it is known to inhibit hair growth, so I'm hoping with continuous use it'll turn out to be a "shave minimizing" body oil! Very Happy

I love adding a tablespoon of jojoba oil to my (full) bottle of shampoo and conditioner to make my (color-treated) hair shiny and healthy, and also add a small capful of jojoba oil to my leave-in conditioner and/or styling cream (for those of you who are fond of the amazing shine you get from using Frederic Fekkai's Glossing Cream with Olive Oil, that was my inspiration for adding jojoba oil to my leave-in conditioner or styling cream)....

I haven't yet tried Emu or Camelia oil, but I've just added them to my "Must Buy Next Payday" list, which is getting longer and longer by the day! Wink

Carrie

5% products discount

Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:23 am      Reply with quote
AJL-C wrote:
Hi Crystal I buy tea oil from QVC excellent value Very Happy

The other oil I have tried in the past is Neuxe (SP) incredable oil I think that contains camellia amongst other oils georgeous smell and great for skin and as a serum for the ends of your hair Smile

Hmm. I searched QVC. I couldn't find it. Sad

Crystal
seabush
5% products discount

Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Do any of you use gourmet oils (e.g., grapeseed, argan, camellia, olive oil, etc.) on your skin instead cosmetic grade oils? If not, why not?

Crystal
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |