Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
histeric
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard so much rave about this cream before I finaly made a purchase last June. I wanted to love it but it's too greasy for my sensitive comboand after a week I had to give it to my Mom. Surprisingly, she loved it and by the way, she also has sensitive combo skin. I guess in her age, her skin just needs a cream that is a little bit more oily. I feel really bad that rose cream doesn't match my skin.
araia
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds good !. Thank you all for the information. I think I will order it in my next purchase, since my skin is quite sensitive as well as normal to dry.
littleprakhem
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the rose day cream over a month now together with the quince cream. Personally, i prefer the rose day cream. Though the cream leaves my face shiny for 5 mins or so after i applied it on (have to wait before i can put my sunscreen on), it helps hydrate my skin and smells absolutely lovely. Very Happy

I'd recommend it for dry skin, those with oily skin might find this one too emollient.
scuzan
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I think it is a great choice for harsh winter.
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
I loved this cream which I got onto thanks to EDS.

I bought about three or four tubes of this stuff, but mainly used it during pregnancy when my skin was very dry and flaky. It is probably a bit too rich for me now, and certainly can't be worn by me in our hot Aus. summers. But it is a very very nice cream.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Newbie here! Laughing Just wondering if this really smells like roses? I am so addicted to anything that smells like real roses (not cheap, artificial fragrance but real roses).

I am currently using Aromatherapy Associates Renew line, it's a rose line and it smells divine; but 1) EDS doesn't carry it and 2) hydration properties aren't the greatest, so I am hoping to switch to another brand that smells just like roses but hydrates better for my sensitive, dehydrated combination skin...
scuzan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Good to know it can be used when pregnancy. I was worried about if the essential oil would do harm to the fetus.
Thanks for the info.

Serendipity wrote:
I loved this cream which I got onto thanks to EDS.

I bought about three or four tubes of this stuff, but mainly used it during pregnancy when my skin was very dry and flaky. It is probably a bit too rich for me now, and certainly can't be worn by me in our hot Aus. summers. But it is a very very nice cream.
joseibi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
scuzan wrote:
Good to know it can be used when pregnancy. I was worried about if the essential oil would do harm to the fetus.
Thanks for the info.

I had a pregnancy facial done at Absolute Spa in Vancouver, and my OB okayed it as long as the products don't contain lavender oil, tea tree oil, etc. The facial they used was rose essential oil based, from Aromatherapy Associates' Renew line, which is very very good for pregnancy. I believe another ingredient ok for pregnancy is sandalwood oil, but rose oil is perfectly ok for mom and baby.

If you ever go to a spa/salon for a pregnancy, be sure to check what products they use; there's one near my home and they said it's 'organic' facial, but does not specify the ingredients or the products being used. My doctor told me that not all 'organic' ingredients are safe, especially when it comes to aromatherapy, because some of the essential oils are absorbed into the blood stream.

Anyway, I am almost due now, and I swear by Aromatherapy Associates' Rose body cream, it really relaxes me and smells, and nourishes my very dry skin!
littleprakhem
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:46 am      Reply with quote
joseibi wrote:
Newbie here! Laughing Just wondering if this really smells like roses? I am so addicted to anything that smells like real roses (not cheap, artificial fragrance but real roses).

I've tried both Dr.H's rose day cream and Korres Wild rose moisturizer. Though i like both in term of their smell, I think the rose day cream smells somehow more rosy and gentle. But the smell of the Korres's lasts longer on my skin.

In terms of hydration, both works well for me. Mind you that i'm using PSF HA serum. If you prefer natural product, I'd think that Dr.H's is the better candidate.

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
littleprakhem wrote:
joseibi wrote:

I've tried both Dr.H's rose day cream and Korres Wild rose moisturizer. Though i like both in term of their smell, I think the rose day cream smells somehow more rosy and gentle. But the smell of the Korres's lasts longer on my skin.

In terms of hydration, both works well for me. Mind you that i'm using PSF HA serum. If you prefer natural product, I'd think that Dr.H's is the better candidate.

HTH

Thank you for answering my question! Wink I will definitely buy Korres next time!!!! (drooling already) Drool Wink
jiaj
5% products discount

Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I really liked this product. I am planning to order it again.

I am living in North Alberta, the air is very dry up here. I think I will need sth very moisturizing.
Smile
pipilu
5% products discount

Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:24 am      Reply with quote
jiaj wrote:

I am living in North Alberta, Smile

Me too. Very Happy I even use it on summer. Cool
jiaj
5% products discount

Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:46 am      Reply with quote
I think it will be good for the winter.
Jolin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've just bought a tube of Rose Day Cream Light. I think it's more suitable for my oily, sensitive skin. Gonna try it in the next few day and I'll post my review on that.
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
After reading so many good reviews on this product. I broke down and ordered the Rose day cream and it lives up to the hipe! Oily acne prone skin will not like this product but my very dry skin absolutely loves it! Thanks forum members!
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
i am glad you like it starlight. this is still a fave for me.
saring
5% products discount

Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I don't like the scent, except that I'm satisfied.
nurseco
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't like the Rose Cream Light, but I do like the regular Rose cream. Sometimes I mix it with some Normalizing Day oil and I use it instead of the day oil on my next. I am contemplating going against the Hauschka maxim of no creams at night and using a little as a night cream. Don't like those new lines around my mouth but my skin is great otherwise!
vacarno
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
i do love it very much......
schowong
5% products discount

Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
It's very good for dry skin & I love it so much.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I want to like it, used a sample, but it makes my face quite red for a while after I put it on. I put some on the backs of my hands and the same thing, they turned quite red for an hour or so. Is this ok for rosacea to have the blood vessels enlarge, or a flushing? I think there are mixed opinions about rose oils and rosacea. Does anyone know? thanks.
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Well, it's way to oily for combination skin such as mine. But I believe it's awesome for try mature skin type.
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
BTW,the smell is heaven!
znn_111
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Oona wrote:
Hello this is is my very first post and firstly I would like to say how much I am enjoying reading various reviews . I thought I would share a really wonderful experience I have had with this product. My skin was in a rather bad state dry, irritated and generally unhappy, desperate for a product I could use day and night although I realise Dr Hauschka recommends leaving the skin to breathe at night, I purchased the Rose Cream. A weak later my skin is nearly back to normal . I would highly recommend this product in those times of desperation , money well spent.

it sounds it will replace la mer in my list , i will try the sample ,if is good, it will help me save lots of money Razz
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I used to work in a health food store, and received lessons from the Dr. H rep.

Yes its real roses, in fact, they go way beyond that.
She said they picked the petals at a certain hour, certain lunar time, when the essential oils were at their peak, and they had to have good thoughts while picking the petals.
In preparing the formulations
They had to turn the machines a certain way, clock wise and counter clockwise...
There was something about having several feet of building to block out certain rays, once it was made...where it sat for awhile, in the dark and all the ingredients integrated. If I remember correctly, it was also a lunar time, when things rested.
They wanted it to have a very high vibration. It all seemed a bit intense, but their product is really nice.
They are very serious about their product from every angle imaginable.

They did not use damaged petals. She said they wanted to keep it as pure as possible, and didn't even want to put it on a plane or ship, something about the vibration of it...but of course that was impossible. She instructed us to be "mindful" when we washed out faces, to not just do it, but to pay attention.
She said all the employees were trained to be that way..

All their products are outstanding. I love the smell too. I liked the rose better than quince, but I have dry skin. The rose is "richer" than the quince. Richer as in better for dry skin.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |