Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

please HEEEEEELP!!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Hey ya all!
I have dry,coloured hair,not really thick and long.All the hairproducts I ever used doesnt help so far...Do you know some "wonder"produkts?Wich do you take?Is "So sexy" from victorias secret good???
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Try doing an overnight treatment, using coconut oil, comb it through before you go to bed and then wash as usual the next morning, this is one of the best dry hair treats I've come across.
It's so good I can only use it on my ends Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Camelia oil is very good for the hair as well, it can be used in the same way as suggested by rosebud, or you can rub a few drops into wet hair after washing and wrap in a hot towel.

Generally, any 'good' oil such as almond/olive/camelia/coconut etc are very benefical to use on your hair by rubbing them into the scalp and through the length. Try and leave the oil in for at least a few hours. I usually heat up the oil just a little...

Smile
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
If your hair is damaged, nothing beats kerastase. Expensive but worth it - a little goes a longgggggggggg way.
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you sooooo much guys!!!And what shampoo...?javascript:emoticon( '\Dancing' )
Dancing I heard victorias secret is good...?javascript:emoticon('')
javascript:emoticon('')Thaaaaaaanks!!!!
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
You know I haven't actually tried this product so I can't personally recommend it. But a friend of mine swears by it. It's a product by Warren Tricomi. It is something you put on towel dried hair and leave in. I know he has a whole product line so it shouldn't be hard to find online. I'm thinking of trying it whenI use what I've got. She has very brittle hair due to coloring/processing and she says it keeps the ends from breaking without weighing the hair down. ??? If I decide to order I will post a review.
Lisa

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
thank you so much,Lisa!!!Are your frinds hair georgeous??javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')
Very Happy I thik i should try it...
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Your friend is on the mark Lisa.... Warren Tricomi's stuff is pretty awesome.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
My hair is also very long, fine, coloured and dry. I highlight my hair and recently found that the hair was snapping from the roots as I had my hair done about 3 times in the space of 2 weeks ( because they stuffed it up ). I have justed started using products from the Redken range and find they are doing wonders to my hair. I have a few products in the All soft line, the smooth down hair treatment mask and a few products from the Extreme line.
I only started off with 3 products and have slowly introduced a few more. I could not be any happier with the improvment in my hair.
HTHS Very Happy
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Mine is extremely highlighted and Pureology keeps it shining and supple.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
My hair sometimes gets incredibly dry and I mix a few drops of Camellia oil and some honey together and rub it in after washing then rinse, but it doesn't really come off - just the excess and then I have shiny, glossy hair and my waviness comes back. I don't know about long-term use though. It's just an occasional booster.
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Katee,
I was thinking of trying Kerastase... which products have you tried?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Under normal weather conditions, my hair is ok. It's pretty long now, and nice layered and I have the option of blowing it smooth or letting it dry on its own, in which case its wavy and a little on the wild side.... BUT, this area is INCREDIBLE for its hazy, hot, humid summers and it makes my hair absolutely crazy. It could look great in the am but the moment I walk out of the house its like BOINGGGGGGGG !!!

Just a couple of drops of Kerastase Oleo Relax keeps my hair smooth and shiney if I blow it dry. If I let it dry on its own, it still has a pretty healthy gloss and the highlights in my dark brown hair are really accentuated. It's expensive but a bottle of it lasts forever.

I had received a bottle of Kerastase shampoo in a goody bag not too long ago and that is also very nice, but I'm pretty happy using my Terax and it sure as hell is cheaper. The other product line I just love is Frederic Fekkai. His Glossing Cream is truly awesome.
Sweety Smarty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:46 am      Reply with quote
but my problem is also oily hair...i have oily and dry hair...ive noticed,that my hair is dry,when i wash them evry day,and oily,when i wash them evry second day...it is also fine and black dyed(Natuarally an ash-blond).Its not bad,most people like my hair...but im not.javascript:emoticon('Very Happy') i think i should look for your produkts...javascript:emoticon('Pray')
Pray
Very Happy
jadkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the Kerastase lovers! I use the Chroma Riche line and rarely worry about dry hair (mine is long and highlighted blonde).

You could also try some Moroccanoil, or the dupe argan oil version from Sally's. Just a little drop and your hair will be nice and hydrated!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
People seem to really like macadamia oil over moroccan oil, so you can try that. I've also heard that making an avocado hair mask (with honey and olive oil) works really well

Also, is coconut oil comedogenic? Will something bad happen if it gets on gthe face?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
People seem to really like macadamia oil over moroccan oil, so you can try that. I've also heard that making an avocado hair mask (with honey and olive oil) works really well

Also, is coconut oil comedogenic? Will something bad happen if it gets on gthe face?

Instead of Moroccan oil pure Argan, also Avocado, Coconut even Olive oil (and many others) are great for conditioning both hair and scalp. Smile Especially if you add heat. If you are prone to breakouts just wash off any that gets on your face.

5% products discount

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Agree with the earlier post on kerastase...A little on the expensive side but it's true that small amount of it goes a long way..A good investment!!
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
i found this is very good too,

http://www.amazon.com/Oshima-Tsubaki-Camellia-Hair-Care/dp/B000OW9QCW
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:24 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:

Instead of Moroccan oil pure Argan, also Avocado, Coconut even Olive oil (and many others) are great for conditioning both hair and scalp. Smile Especially if you add heat. If you are prone to breakouts just wash off any that gets on your face.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Treat your hair from the INSIDE too! Make sure you stay hydrated, take a supplement like CVS's "HAIR, SKIN & NAILS" with Biotin, and consume healthy oils like fish oil, Olive oil etc. It takes a while but you'll see a huge difference.
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:43 am      Reply with quote
I I recommend Moroccanoil.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Determined wrote:
Treat your hair from the INSIDE too! Make sure you stay hydrated, take a supplement like CVS's "HAIR, SKIN & NAILS" with Biotin, and consume healthy oils like fish oil, Olive oil etc. It takes a while but you'll see a huge difference.

Agree,
I have a bad habit of assuming that there is a healthy well balanced diet with supplements and enough fluid intake! Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Nikita wrote:
Camelia oil is very good for the hair as well, it can be used in the same way as suggested by rosebud, or you can rub a few drops into wet hair after washing and wrap in a hot towel.

I agree that Camellia oil is very good for the hair. I discovered a series of products that contain camellia oil and I really like them for my dyed hair (I have highlights done every couple of months, so they it's a bit rough and dry), they are the Tsubaki line by Shisheido, the conditioner especially!
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
You should check out killerstrands, you can search for it. I really took to the whole "sulfate free" mentality, as well as some of the the products they sell. A little pricey, but having very very long, formerly straw textured hair, I found it to be worth it. Lots of oils in them. Oh, and the Devacurl line, I love the conditioning cleanser, it actually does clean.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |